SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#335178 - 01/03/12 01:13 AM I'm interested in the getting a Voiceworks Touch
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
I'm thinking of adding a TC Helicon "VoiceLive Touch" unit to my vocal-arranger keyboard setup. Though I enjoy the covenience of the Tyros 4 built in vocal harmonizer and feel it sounds pretty decent for most situations, I also appreciate the significant improvement my older TC Helican Voiceworks rack unit delivers. In the meantime, TC Helicon now offers the VoiceLive Touch which looks really appealing with its smallbform factor and quick and ingenious mic stand mounting design and impressive voice loop (vLoop) feature. As both a singer and kb player , having the VH unit accessible near keyboard height and eye level makes much better sense than on the floor where VoiceLive was intended to be set. Additionally,the VoiceLive Touch supports adding a remote floor pedal if desired.

Does anyone here own, or recommend moving up to a TC Helicon VoiceTouch vs the VoiceLive 2 or a Harmony M. ?

Thanks in advance for all input, experience, and advice, and best place to purchase a Voicelive Touch at a good price.

Scott smile

#335179 - 01/03/12 01:45 AM Re: I'm interested in the getting a Voiceworks Touch [Re: Scottyee]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Hi Scott
I have one I bought 6 mos ago but haven't gotten around to using it much as I have VH on Audya. I must say that the external unit is much superior, however.

Email or Skype me if you are interested in buying it.

Bernie

#335182 - 01/03/12 03:35 AM Re: I'm interested in the getting a Voiceworks Touch [Re: Bernie9]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada

I have VL2 and let me tell you,T4 vocal processor is a toy comparing to VL2.The VL touch is almost the same,but has got less parameters to play with.You will love the effects and harmonies.Best there is.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#335190 - 01/03/12 06:50 AM Re: I'm interested in the getting a Voiceworks Touch [Re: Scottyee]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Scott, this would also be great for use with your new toy, the Korg microArranger, as it doesn't have a vocal harmonizer (or a mic input).

Ian

#335194 - 01/03/12 07:46 AM Re: I'm interested in the getting a Voiceworks Touch [Re: Scottyee]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Scott,

I've been using the Harmony-M since it first came on the market, and while it really does a fantastic job, I, for one, don't believe the audiences even notice that you are singing in harmony. I get lot of comments about my vocals, but NO ONE has ever said "Wow--that harmony really sounded great." It just doesn't happen. In many instances I've pointed out to the audience that the harmony is actually me singing and it's live. I've even done songs accapella using the harmony-M, and while the audiences loved it, overall, it really doesn't seem to have much of an impact on the overall performance. I sang Have You Heard by the Duprees on NYE, most folks loved the song, but no comments about the harmoney, which I thought sounded terrific.

Good luck on whatever you decide upon,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#335196 - 01/03/12 08:11 AM Re: I'm interested in the getting a Voiceworks Touch [Re: Scottyee]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Scott, I just got a Voice Live 2 and I also have a Hamony M. The VL2 is definitely in another category. Would the audience notice? Probably not… The VL2 is very bulky and overkill for my needs. It looks like the Voice Touch live would be very nice compromise and would go great with your new Micro Arranger.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#335197 - 01/03/12 08:51 AM Re: I'm interested in the getting a Voiceworks Touch [Re: Scottyee]
J. Larry Offline

Loc: University, MS 38677 USA
Scott: I've got the Voice Touch unit that I use with guitar, not keyboard. It's nice, but I rarely use it now that the Voice Tone series of pedals is out. The new H1 pedal is great for hands-free operation. And, like Gary said, my audiences never mention the harmony aspect, but do comment on the overall vocals. Maybe they realize something is different, but just can't express what they're hearing.
Larry

#335200 - 01/03/12 09:12 AM Re: I'm interested in the getting a Voiceworks Touch [Re: ianmcnll]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
Scott, this would also be great for use with your new toy, the Korg microArranger, as it doesn't have a vocal harmonizer (or a mic input).

Ian

Toys on Toys, what next!!! Jezzz not enough time in the day to play with them.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#335201 - 01/03/12 09:15 AM Re: I'm interested in the getting a Voiceworks Touch [Re: Tony Hughes]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
Originally Posted By: ianmcnll

Ian

Toys on Toys, what next!!! Jezzz not enough time in the day to play with them.

You can tell the age of the boys by the price of their toys! wink

Ian

#335202 - 01/03/12 09:16 AM Re: I'm interested in the getting a Voiceworks Touch [Re: Scottyee]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: Scottyee
I'm thinking of adding a TC Helicon "VoiceLive Touch" unit to my vocal-arranger keyboard setup. Though I enjoy the covenience of the Tyros 4 built in vocal harmonizer and feel it sounds pretty decent for most situations, I also appreciate the significant improvement my older TC Helican Voiceworks rack unit delivers. In the meantime, TC Helicon now offers the VoiceLive Touch which looks really appealing with its smallbform factor and quick and ingenious mic stand mounting design and impressive voice loop (vLoop) feature. As both a singer and kb player , having the VH unit accessible near keyboard height and eye level makes much better sense than on the floor where VoiceLive was intended to be set. Additionally,the VoiceLive Touch supports adding a remote floor pedal if desired.

Does anyone here own, or recommend moving up to a TC Helicon VoiceTouch vs the VoiceLive 2 or a Harmony M. ?

Thanks in advance for all input, experience, and advice, and best place to purchase a Voicelive Touch at a good price.

Scott smile

Scott,

I have got to have one, if I don't get one I will scream and scream, will it make me scream better!!
Daddy Christmas has gone, how much are they Scott?

Tony

Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online