KORG help to assign a leslie rotary fx to organs?

Posted by: Dnj

KORG help to assign a leslie rotary fx to organs? - 01/13/12 07:40 PM

In perf mode..I have a user style setup I'm setting up with STS sounds.....in var 3 I have and organ BUT it doesn't have leslie control fast/slow assigned to the joy stick.... Ive tried every thing or so I thought to do this...what am I missing?....

when I select sounds in sound mode the joy stick leslie works?

Korg gerus please help?

Re: KORG help to assign a leslie rotary fx to organs? - 01/14/12 06:22 AM

I hope to hear from someone soon...meanwhile I'm trying everything to assign the Leslie to the joystick....something is weird here..
all my other Perf setups the Leslie works fine on the organs ...but with the Slow Rock 3 style & STS var 3 for some reason the Jimmy's organ or any organ is stuck in a slow Leslie mode...it's driving me nuts trying to figure it out..when all the other organs work outside of this style & perf..could someone try this style on their MICRO Arranger, Pa50, Pa80 etc..and check the sts3 organ?

KORG style User 3 Slow Rock 3 var3 organ attached
Posted by: Fran Carango

Re: KORG help to assign a leslie rotary fx to organs? - 01/14/12 06:57 AM

The 4 effects block is a poor design on Korg...Some styles will only allow 2 effects within a style and others 4...same with SMF (only 2) and originated sequences on the Korg (2 and 4)...

Try removing effects from another sts part.....also what you may hear on the organ is a slow leslie in the sample..Wait till Monday and I should be able to check it out on my MicroArranger

Re: KORG help to assign a leslie rotary fx to organs? - 01/14/12 07:25 AM

ok Fran...something is amiss for sure ....meanwhile I will try to copy exactly the organs that work with the Leslie FX and assign it to this organ STS..........if you select these organs in sound bank mode there's no problem and they work perfect.......maybe Tuesday I can stop over for breakfast and some studio time & we can compare notes if you still have the micro arranger by then, Id like to hear it thru the Cube 100's in stereo ...lol computer
Posted by: Bernie9

Re: KORG help to assign a leslie rotary fx to organs? - 01/14/12 08:43 AM

I don't know about Korg, but other boards I have had have a predetermined Leslie speed on some organ presets, and controls do nothing.

Re: KORG help to assign a leslie rotary fx to organs? - 01/14/12 09:00 AM

Hi Bernie,...yes I know what you mean with predetermined...
BUT these KORG organ work with the Joystick.....on/off Leslie as a single sound

but.... when I assigned it to the STS and write it into a performance I Lose the Leslie Js control..
Posted by: Fran Carango

Re: KORG help to assign a leslie rotary fx to organs? - 01/14/12 10:34 AM

Originally Posted By: Dnj
ok Fran...something is amiss for sure ....meanwhile I will try to copy exactly the organs that work with the Leslie FX and assign it to this organ STS..........if you select these organs in sound bank mode there's no problem and they work perfect.......maybe Tuesday I can stop over for breakfast and some studio time & we can compare notes if you still have the micro arranger by then, Id like to hear it thru the Cube 100's in stereo ...lol computer

Ups won't be here till Tuesday...Sure the program sound will work with Leslie that is assigned...the problem is when you have a performance...and that is where a sts is stored, it is limited to effects within the 4 blocks..sometimes only 2 will work..That is why I said to try and remove the effects from the other sts parts and add the Leslie to the organ..

Re: KORG help to assign a leslie rotary fx to organs? - 01/15/12 07:28 AM

Later I will try to setup the same performance using this style & another template ...then assign it to another slot & see what happens.
Posted by: rikkisbears

Re: KORG help to assign a leslie rotary fx to organs? - 01/15/12 07:51 PM

Still no luck , Donny?

Re: KORG help to assign a leslie rotary fx to organs? - 01/15/12 08:04 PM

Nothing yet tried to assign the style to another performance slot...but no luck yet....still working on it.....anyone who wants the style/performance to load into their micro arranger and give it a shot just ask...

thanx
Posted by: Scottyee

Re: KORG help to assign a leslie rotary fx to organs? - 01/15/12 09:24 PM

I'm anxious to learn if/how you are able to resolve that problem.
Perhaps resident Korg expert John Smies will have the answer. smile

Re: KORG help to assign a leslie rotary fx to organs? - 01/15/12 10:42 PM

Hi Guys,
he's obviously very familiar with the workings of it.
http://www.synthzone.com/forum/ubbthread...s_Mu#Post335836

Originally Posted By: Scottyee
I'm anxious to learn if/how you are able to resolve that problem.
Perhaps resident Korg expert John Smies will have the answer. smile
Posted by: john smies

Re: KORG help to assign a leslie rotary fx to organs? - 01/16/12 01:15 AM

Thanks for the compliment but there are many areas even with Korg that I could not be considered an expert really. ( I won't enumerate) but let's hope that in the areas I do know about a lot I will be able to help folks out.

Having read Bruno's comments here about me I am beginning to feel slightly awkward. Do not get me wrong it is great to be appreciated and I will help out wherever I can but at present I am lumbered with very poor health on account of which I have not even yet hooked up my secondhand PSR3000 which I bought early December to my Korg PA800. And of course I do not have the Micro at my disposal so have to resort to the manual and all that I remember from the days when I had the PA50. So Donny knows I cannot help him on this one.

A few things stand out however in the treads about the Micro here on SZ and that is what puzzles me. I would say that the two most important things to do with the Micro once you have gotten hold of it are to connect it to a major normal size keyboard and have it work properly that way ( see my contributions in the other treads on this) and second to sample everything that is in it and either start programming and tweaking or get my Resources and take it from there.
But one way or another you will have to familiarize yourselves with both the MIDI and the structure of SAVING/LOADING data in every detail.
That to me seems paramount on the outset. And of course how to tweak styles and sounds.
I wonder if Scott or Donny have meanwhile managed to hook up the Micro to their Yamahas ???

Best wishes,
John Smies

Re: KORG help to assign a leslie rotary fx to organs? - 01/16/12 04:36 AM

Hi John,....No I havn't hooked it up to my Yamaha or would want to. Now I have one keyboard that sounds like a compressed polished CD.....and another that sounds like a LIVE band.
With me on stage LESS gear is More....I am not a MIDI up my KB's kind of player, I hate alot of wires, modules, or whatever, at one point had 4 KB's stacked to drag around & set up nightly with the band years ago and hated that hassle where now I can do it with one solo. I am taking my time setting up the microARRANGER for solo performance, Haven't used it on stage since NYE. But it's a fun instrument to play and really gives me inspiration with it's LIVE sound & styles.

Re: KORG help to assign a leslie rotary fx to organs? - 01/16/12 04:41 PM

Hi John,
sorry misunderstanding. I wasn't meaning the midiing of the 2 keyboards
I was actually reffering to the fact that you mentioned you've programmed for the PA50. I was hoping maybe you've come up against Donny's problem before .

Unfortunately I'm not into really into programing performances etc, I just use the factory ones & change the odd sound. Plus I've never owned a PA50.

I know how frustrating it must be for Donny, when you just can't get something to work the way you think it should.

Re: KORG help to assign a leslie rotary fx to organs? - 01/16/12 05:35 PM

Fran has suggested that with the very limited 4 fx slots on KORGS A/B C/D.....I would have to remove some fx on the other sounds to leave room for the rotary fx on the organs....that's my next scenario I will try.

Re: KORG help to assign a leslie rotary fx to organs? - 01/16/12 06:47 PM

Hi Donny,
worth a try. Has Fran got his yet?

Re: KORG help to assign a leslie rotary fx to organs? - 01/16/12 06:54 PM

Originally Posted By: rikkisbears
Hi Donny,
worth a try. Has Fran got his yet?

Hi Rikki .......today is a National Holiday here in the USA Martin Luther King Day....so there are no deliveries.......
he is scheduled to receive his NEW KORG microARRANGER tomorrow afternoon so stay tuned.......

Re: KORG help to assign a leslie rotary fx to organs? - 01/16/12 07:55 PM

Thanks Donny
Posted by: john smies

Re: KORG help to assign a leslie rotary fx to organs? - 01/17/12 12:59 AM

Hi Donny and Riki,

I hear you loud and clear.
Well as to the programming of the Micro I can only say look at my offer on my webpages ( page 7), none will live to regret it.

As to hooking up your Micro to whichever main keyboard that you are playing I understand what Donny is saying. Nevertheless you guys are absolutely shortchanging yourselves. I willl not elaborate at this point but wait until Larry, Bernie, Scott and others have acquired theirs and then try and bring home the usefulness of it in a special tread dedicated to this.

For now : happy playing !

John