SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 13 of 18 < 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 17 18 >
Topic Options
#335721 - 01/09/12 10:05 PM Re: My KORG Micro Arranger Demo Pt 1 [Re: Mark79100]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Mark79100

You've got a long way to go to convince me that DNJ did those demo's "live" within a day of taking the unit out of the box. I'm also a professional accordionist. The French musette part of that demo sounds suspiciously like a MIDI file. It takes me hours to adjust my fingering from the full size piano keys to the smaller accordion keys to play that French music. More power to DNJ if that's what he did on the spot....I just won't believe it until I see it with my own eyes.

Mark

I'm not sure I understand the response to my "opinion" of DNJ's "demo." I knew I was going up against a long-time member of the Commission, but I decided to express my opinion anyway. Isn't that what this Forum is for? Or does everyone have to be "politically correct" when he has something to say?

Please read my remarks above again. I said nothing malicious, I mis-aligned no one, I was straight-forward but certainly not on the attack. I never questioned DNJ's playing ability otherwise. All I did say was......"I'm not convinced....he did that demo."

I stand by my remarks. Show me a video of DNJ playing that French music so "clean," and then I'll believe it. And if DNJ doesn't feel he wants to produce a video, that's OK too. But until I see a video you will never convince me he played that part of the demo.

In all fairness, I DO believe he did some of those songs, but just NOT the French musette music.

This is the Internet....anything goes, but is everything to be believed? Look at the Mustang Sally video that was supposed to be Muddy Waters, but was actually the Committments. Look at the online "dating services." Do you think anyone really posts true to life photographs of themselves? Or people who post ads to sell vehicles.....do you really think they would win awards for honest advertising?

Having said that it would be appreciated if you didn't jump on relatively "new" members like myself for expressing an opinion about one of the "good old boy" members. I'd hate to think "outsiders" are not welcome in this group if they don't enter into the discussions with only "correct" comments!

Mark

#335722 - 01/09/12 10:21 PM Re: My KORG Micro Arranger Demo Pt 1 [Re: ianmcnll]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
That sax solo cried out for some pitch bending...it would have added a tad more of the "feel" you have described so well.

Hey Ian how about putting up of a demo of your own to show us what you mean? Donny's sounded pretty damned good to me.

#335723 - 01/09/12 10:33 PM Re: My KORG Micro Arranger Demo Pt 1 [Re: Mark79100]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Having said that it would be appreciated if you didn't jump on relatively "new" members like myself for expressing an opinion about one of the "good old boy" members.
Mark

You have been a member for 6 years .... not really a "relatively new member" by any stretch of the imagination. I am ok with your question regarding the accordian part but please don't start getting personal. And quoting yourself is a little like "forum masturbation" wink

#335726 - 01/09/12 11:17 PM Re: My KORG Micro Arranger Demo Pt 1 [Re: Nigel]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Nigel
Having said that it would be appreciated if you didn't jump on relatively "new" members like myself for expressing an opinion about one of the "good old boy" members.
Mark

You have been a member for 6 years .... not really a "relatively new member" by any stretch of the imagination. I am ok with your question regarding the accordian part but please don't start getting personal. And quoting yourself is a little like "forum masturbation" wink

Sorry to offend you, Nigel. I'll be extremely careful before I post anything in the future and I'll make sure I don't "question" anything else.

Please remove the post you are referring to.

Thank you

Mark

#335727 - 01/10/12 12:26 AM Re: My KORG Micro Arranger Demo Pt 1 [Re: Nigel]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Nigel
Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
That sax solo cried out for some pitch bending...it would have added a tad more of the "feel" you have described so well.

Hey Ian how about putting up of a demo of your own to show us what you mean? Donny's sounded pretty damned good to me.

I did this one a long time ago during a demonstration of the Audio to USB recorder at one of my clinics.

This is a pretty simple arrangement with mainly SA Sax, SA Concert Guitar, Live!Strings and a Piano/Choir layer...I was also demoing the onboard sequencer.

No editing after recording...just used the onboard Audio to USB, and then loaded the WAV file into my laptop and made an MP3 at 192 Kbps.

I used a factory Bossa Nova style but I edited it quite a bit when showing how to use the onboard Style Creator during said clinic.

I've also made the style available to anyone with an S900/S910 or Tyros2/3/4...not sure how well it will convert in EMC to Korg or Roland format as it has mega voices.

MP3: http://www.4shared.com/file/112020540/80ccf16b/NearnessOfYou1.html

Style: http://www.4shared.com/file/112021327/f4c3d899/BossaGuitrPiano2S093.html

I hope this will suffice Nigel, as I don't have a video camera, and also, since Donny's performance was done at a jam session, it's only appropriate that the above tune also comes from a past SZ jam session... http://www.synthzone.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/264676/1

Ian

PS...if I remember correctly, I used both the pitch bend wheel and an FC-7 pedal for the sax bends.

#335728 - 01/10/12 12:59 AM Re: My KORG Micro Arranger Demo Pt 1 [Re: Mark79100]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Mark you didn't offend me at all lol I just wanted to point out dispencies in your claims. You are always welcome to state an opinion.

#335729 - 01/10/12 01:14 AM Re: My KORG Micro Arranger Demo Pt 1 [Re: Dnj]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Donny,
how do the styles compare to your ex pa800 ie are any of them similar or basically the same.

Actually having owned a pa800, did it make it any easier for you getting round the operating system or is it totally different?

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#335730 - 01/10/12 01:19 AM Re: My KORG Micro Arranger Demo Pt 1 [Re: Jerry T]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia

HI Jerry
congratulations, I think you maybe right.
Originally Posted By: Jerry T
I just now ordered a micro ... figured that this may be the closest we'll get to a Korg module ...
Ciao,
Jerry

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#335732 - 01/10/12 02:31 AM Re: My KORG Micro Arranger Demo Pt 1 [Re: Dnj]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
I am excited about this new Micro Arranger but without a place to play the keyboard I am relying on impute from those who own one.

The size is great, it seems to have a good sound, and best of all it looks like it may add fun to the serious business of playing a keyboard. I remember when I would tote my guitar to every occasion when allowed. I had a friend who has passed away -- he would take his guitar everywhere. No music, play anything; not great but nice and had fun, fun, fun. Imagine doing that with a small good keyboard. I’m excited, after many years of performing in a serious manner it would be nice to let up and enjoy more.

I have a Bose compact but it would be nice to buy a quality smaller amp as a mate to the Micro Arranger; any suggestions?

Sooooo, please all you Micro Arranger owners please impute, impute.

Life is good, John C.

PS, Does anyone know where I could buy the keyboard with a return privilege?

#335736 - 01/10/12 03:46 AM Re: My KORG Micro Arranger Demo Pt 1 [Re: Dnj]
124 Offline

Ian, I just listened to your 4Shared mp3. Pretty flawless, I'd say. Thanks.

Page 13 of 18 < 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 17 18 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online