SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#335574 - 01/08/12 01:12 AM At Home Recording
beachbum Offline

Loc: Austin
I don’t have a bunch of time to tweak my recording system. But after 8 years of the XP windows, M-audio card and a bringer mixer, I felt I got to upgrade, after all, we must have come a long way in 8 years. So I bought a brand new computer with windows 7 64 bit, 8GB ram, 2 – 1 TB hard drives, a really nice system. Then I bought Audition 3 (Cause I used audition 1.5 for so long) Sonar, 8 with a free upgrade to 8.5 and eventually I got X1. I got Motu USB audio interface $500,. So I thought this would be great. Only I could not get a decent sound. It must be me, I must be a moron but I kept going back to my old system because the new system just sucked… So, I put the Motu on EBay, lost $100 bucks. Ok, so I start blaming the PSR910, my 900 sounded great, I put the same setting on the 910 as the 900 but the sounds were not matching up. So I sell the 910 and say what the hell let’s get the tyros 4 and I buy an Mbox 3 with pro tools. And still, sounds like crap…. Anyway, finally figured it out. If you are going to record at home stay with the basic, a good internal sound card and a good mixer. I am now back in business cause I upgraded those 2 simple things…. I got an Allen and Heath mixer $300 and a RME enteral Audio card and it works… Sounds like it should and I can take off the dunce hat. Just some advice if my clone is beating his head against the wall…

DJ
I don’t steer the ship I just bail out the water

#335577 - 01/08/12 03:04 AM Re: At Home Recording [Re: beachbum]
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
You sure have best in equipment now. There is no sense in looking back to what you could have done to make lesser gear work for you.

We all go through this, or at least, I have.

Best of luck with your new gear.

Bernie

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online