SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#335905 - 01/12/12 07:08 AM Re: KOrg PA800 problem - Frustrating !!! [Re: Bluezplayer]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Get the 3x!!!!!!!!!!!!

#335970 - 01/12/12 02:12 PM Re: KOrg PA800 problem - Frustrating !!! [Re: Bluezplayer]
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
Kinda wish I could change the title of this post now... LOL. No longer frustrated at all. I already went and got the PA3x Dave and it is definitely a keeper for me. It is quite a bit advanced from the PA80 that I still have here and at the same time there are enough similarities that it is very easy for me to navigate pretty much everything on it. From past posts I remember thinking that I'm in the minority on this but I always preferred the Korg layout vs Yamaha, Technics or MZ2000 O/S. Some of the styles are similar to the PA80, but Wow... the bass on the styles sounds so much crisper. Korg finally provided the one thing that I always missed from the Yamaha series... I missed having 4 fills and auto fill option in the old PA series boards. The fills also seem to fit better than they did in them older Korg boards.

I'll give it a whirl on the other forum Rikki. I am considering some other options for now, but I may end up getting the speaker bar anyway, in spite of having to overpay, because the thing sounds really good and aesthetically it matches the board perfectly. I have a few different monitoring options up here in the home studio so I have some time to decide.

#335971 - 01/12/12 02:21 PM Re: KOrg PA800 problem - Frustrating !!! [Re: Bluezplayer]
Uncle Dave Offline

AMEN, brother! I am in HEAVEN with mine too. It's built solid - feels great - sounds amazing and the flexibility and editing are off the charts.
I always liked the simplicity of the Yamaha OS, but I am used to the way Korg organizes things, and it's easy for me to get around. I am making final tweaks this week, and next week - it goes on the job!
BTW - Staples sells a 16GB USB drive that only sticks out about 1/8" from the slot - you can leave it in and it won't get bumped.
$34 - but worth it for the convenience.
The audio inputs also surprised me with plenty of gain for my iPad/pod for breaks and DJ stuff. The choices are so cool:
live / arranger / MP3-SMF(x2) / and my outboard playlists - all available at once!

#335984 - 01/12/12 03:50 PM Re: KOrg PA800 problem - Frustrating !!! [Re: Bluezplayer]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I got a couple of those drives off Ebay a year or so ago. They are GREAT!
DonM

#335991 - 01/12/12 04:42 PM Re: KOrg PA800 problem - Frustrating !!! [Re: Bluezplayer]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...

I recently picked up this 16 Gb Sandisk Cruzer Fit USB micro stick at Amazon for $19.99. cool

It pretty much remains always inserted in the USB port at the back of my T4, even while my keyboard is taken in and out of its' case during transport.
It's the same color (black) as the rear of the keyboard and so tiny (1/4" protrusion) that it's hardly noticeable.

In fact if Yamaha ever comes out with a microArranger, because their arrangers come with a USB port vs Sd slot (Korg microArranger),
I think this would make an ideal Yamaha microArranger companion. - Scott smile

#335998 - 01/12/12 05:28 PM Re: KOrg PA800 problem - Frustrating !!! [Re: Bluezplayer]
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
Pretty amazing. I got into using a computer a bit later than some others, but bought my first PC in 1998 and it had 4 GB hard drive. At the time I couldn't imagine why I needed "all that" hard drive capacity.

Liking this PA3x more and more as each hour goes by. I can see me keeping this for a long time ( I still have my first PSR-500 and my PA80 ) Not sure about wanting the micro arranger. I had been thinking of selling off my PA80 and replacing it with one, but I don't really need it. I wish I still had a couple of the mini sized keyboards I had in the 80s. I had a couple of the dept store Casio types as well as a Yamaha PSS480.. Still have the PSS480 but it doesn't work very well any more. Some of the buttons don't function. The Casio's had a few basic rhythms and the PSS480 had 100 They were kind of a precursor to the early arrangers like the PSR500 that came out in the early 90's. 10-15 years ago you could buy them at yard sales for a few bucks, but more and more people are buying them up ..some like the sk-1 for it's very lo-fi sampling capabilities and others like the PSS line because they are rather decent fm synthesizers with parameters that can be manipulated with the addition of circuit bending modifications.

#336001 - 01/12/12 07:01 PM Re: KOrg PA800 problem - Frustrating !!! [Re: Scottyee]
Uncle Dave Offline

Hey Scott - thanx for the redirect. Yours is a better deal - I'll return the one I got to Staples and get 2 from Amazon!
wink

#336006 - 01/12/12 07:30 PM Re: KOrg PA800 problem - Frustrating !!! [Re: Bluezplayer]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I have two Casio mini-key arrangers. Well, one is branded Radio Shack but they are identical. Both of them have samplers. Fun to play with.
DonM

#336010 - 01/12/12 07:36 PM Re: KOrg PA800 problem - Frustrating !!! [Re: Uncle Dave]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave
Hey Scott - thanx for the redirect. Yours is a better deal - I'll return the one I got to Staples and get 2 from Amazon!
wink

Sure Dave, glad I was able to help 'double' your memory pleaure. grin

Scott

#336014 - 01/12/12 10:09 PM Re: KOrg PA800 problem - Frustrating !!! [Re: Bluezplayer]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia

Hi AJ,
wow, congratulations.
The 4 fills are brilliant, aren't they. Just so much smoother.
Don't know how much time you got to spend with style editing / creating in the pa 800, it's brilliant in both PA3x & PA800.
Guitar Mode (styles) is way better in the pa3x.
Being able to export & import complete styles as midifiles is so handy.
Did you get a chance to save any of your PA800 Styles? There's some that have new intro's /endings. Some have same name but are actually a different style. Some don't plain exist any more. I'm sorting thru them at the moment.

Let me know if you do end up with the speaker bar.
[quote=Bluezplayer]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online