SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#336208 - 01/14/12 11:35 PM Re: KOrg PA800 problem - Frustrating !!! [Re: rikkisbears]
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
Hi Don,

At least one of the old Radio Shack synths ( Realistic Concertmate MG-1 ) was actually made by Moog. I remember reading that in an article from Harmony Central some years back and then seeing a related Wikipedia article on it. I would have loved to have gotten my hands on one of them, but now they command a fairly high price on Ebay these days. More then I am would want to spend...

Well Rikki, I opted to go with a 32 inch TV type speaker bar ( Vizio 2.1 system ) that cost about 1/5 of the price of the Korg bar. It doesn't fit into the back of the keyboard, but I added an unused x stand to the back of the double x stand where the PA3x and T2 sit here in the home studio and the bar sits on it and works quite well. I am not certain if it sounds as good or maybe even better than the one sold by Korg, but it sounds good enough. I have all of the unedited PA800 and PA80 styles saved. I also have many if not most of the non commercial Korg PA styles that have ever been floating around on the net, including some decent Yamaha to Korg conversions. I haven't tried any style building or conversions with the 3x yet, but once I get it loaded up the way I like I will.

#336209 - 01/14/12 11:40 PM Re: KOrg PA800 problem - Frustrating !!! [Re: Bluezplayer]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I tried a few of the TV bars when they first showed up too. I like the ones with a wireless subwoofer! Mmmmm nice

#336210 - 01/14/12 11:50 PM Re: KOrg PA800 problem - Frustrating !!! [Re: Uncle Dave]
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
I like this a lot Dave. I considered one with a separate subwoofer too. This one works pretty well. I think it sounds as least as good as the built in speakers did on the PA800, maybe better, and it is plenty loud ( and clean ). I like that this one has an FM radio. I have a couple of the walmart type fm transmitters and a few MP3 players so I can play MP3s through it via the FM radio as well.

#336211 - 01/14/12 11:57 PM Re: KOrg PA800 problem - Frustrating !!! [Re: Bluezplayer]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Mine says Concertmate 650. It's pretty rinky-dink, but the sampler is fun.
DonM

#336257 - 01/15/12 07:46 PM Re: KOrg PA800 problem - Frustrating !!! [Re: Bluezplayer]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi AJ,
that's an interesting idea. Might keep it in mind

You'll luv the style creation functions on the PA3X once you get started.
Good that you kept a copy of your PA800 styles. Some of them are definately missing on the PA3X. Unfortunately never had anything to do with the PA80.

Originally Posted By: Bluezplayer

Well Rikki, I opted to go with a 32 inch TV type speaker bar ( Vizio 2.1 system ) that cost about 1/5 of the price of the Korg bar. It doesn't fit into the back of the keyboard, but I added an unused x stand to the back of the double x stand where the PA3x and T2 sit here in the home studio and the bar sits on it and works quite well. I am not certain if it sounds as good or maybe even better than the one sold by Korg, but it sounds good enough. I have all of the unedited PA800 and PA80 styles saved. I also have many if not most of the non commercial Korg PA styles that have ever been floating around on the net, including some decent Yamaha to Korg conversions. I haven't tried any style building or conversions with the 3x yet, but once I get it loaded up the way I like I will.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online