SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#335471 - 01/06/12 11:15 AM StudioBLADE Piano sound demo vs Tyros 4
shueymusic Offline

Loc: Lebanon, PA
Here's a link to a demo of the stock piano sound in the StudioBLADE. The piano performance is wonderful... but the piano sounds weird to me. I would take the piano on my Motif XF over this sound any day. Is it just my ears?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvH5l1arIk8&feature=related

Then the Tyros bashing starts on the comment link. The people from Music Computing say the following statement in the comments.

"@TheSoundCreative The Tyros 4 is an arranger keyboard. It has limited processing power and sounds. The StudioBLADE has processors that are many time more powerful and can run a simple piece of software that cost $99 to replicate what the Tyros does. In addition to allowing you to compose, create and master entire songs ready for the radio. Something a Tyros can never do.
musiccomputing 13 hours ago"

So, the StudioBLADE will sound better than a Tyros 4 just by adding a $99 program?? Band In A Box?? I'm sure the people who make Kia say their cars are better than BMW... don't believe the hype.

What do you think?
Yamaha Genos - RCF M20x - RCF HD10A (Stereo) - Jupiter Pocket Trumpet - Sennheiser e935 - Neumann KMS-104 plus-N

#335486 - 01/06/12 04:59 PM Re: StudioBLADE Piano sound demo vs Tyros 4 [Re: shueymusic]
Telmo Offline

Loc: Brazil - South America
From my first quick look at, it seems to me that this is a workstation. Tyros4 is not on the same category, it's an arranger. Here, we can see the demo on how to use it, is more of a studio production tool instead of a live performance like Tyros4.

#335490 - 01/06/12 05:54 PM Re: StudioBLADE Piano sound demo vs Tyros 4 [Re: Telmo]
shueymusic Offline

Loc: Lebanon, PA
Originally Posted By: Telmo
From my first quick look at, it seems to me that this is a workstation. Tyros4 is not on the same category, it's an arranger. Here, we can see the demo on how to use it, is more of a studio production tool instead of a live performance like Tyros4.

You and I know that... but the person from Open Labs is misleading the people leaving comments on YouTube. He's saying the tone quality far exceeds the Tyros. He also says for a simple $99 software update, the StudioBLADE will do the same things the Tyros will do. It's just misleading.

The StudioBLADE is a computer to run your DAW and plug-ins. They just build it in different keyboard configurations. And yes, you are correct, the StudioBLADE is a DAW workstation and not an arranger keyboard... even though the rep from Music Computing says it can do all things Tyros but even better with a simple software update.

Also, the piano sound in the demo I posted doesn't sound as good as the SA Piano sound on the Tyros 4.
Yamaha Genos - RCF M20x - RCF HD10A (Stereo) - Jupiter Pocket Trumpet - Sennheiser e935 - Neumann KMS-104 plus-N

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online