SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#334575 - 12/20/11 07:57 PM using a z5500 and Bose L1
vincentvaughan Offline

Loc: lreland
Hello Guys

Been quiet a while since Ive been on here.
I would appreciate everyones opinion.
Ive been using an L1 system almost since they came out first, absolutely brilliant, couldnt improve on it.
Very occassionally I do a gig which could do with a small bit of extra sound reinforcement, but cant really justify a second L1 or a compact.
Just wondering if anyone has ever tried hooking up a z5500 with an L1, I have a tonematch mixer with the L1 so should be able to take a line out and go straight into the z5500, the question really I suppose is that the mixer settings I use for guitar vocals and backing track will be specific to the L1 system......Im just wondering what the sound from the z5500 will be like........any advice would be great....

Again any help would be great

Regards

Vincent

#335096 - 01/01/12 07:23 PM Re: using a z5500 and Bose L1 [Re: vincentvaughan]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
bump

#335097 - 01/01/12 07:57 PM Re: using a z5500 and Bose L1 [Re: vincentvaughan]
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Originally Posted By: vincentvaughan
Hello Guys

Been quiet a while since Ive been on here.
I would appreciate everyones opinion.
Ive been using an L1 system almost since they came out first, absolutely brilliant, couldnt improve on it.
Very occassionally I do a gig which could do with a small bit of extra sound reinforcement, but cant really justify a second L1 or a compact.
Just wondering if anyone has ever tried hooking up a z5500 with an L1, I have a tonematch mixer with the L1 so should be able to take a line out and go straight into the z5500, the question really I suppose is that the mixer settings I use for guitar vocals and backing track will be specific to the L1 system......Im just wondering what the sound from the z5500 will be like........any advice would be great....

Again any help would be great

Regards

Vincent

Well, Vincent, I would think the odds of anyone having tried that are remote, indeed. Why not just try it?

#335102 - 01/02/12 02:24 AM Re: using a z5500 and Bose L1 [Re: vincentvaughan]
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Vincent

I tried it when I first got my L1 several years ago. I figured I really didn't need a Bose sub as My Z5500 Logitech had almost too much bass at times. I also did not buy the T1 mixer until later.

I hooked the Z5500 to the bass port of the L1. It worked but not well. As I recall, it sounded like it was not integrated with the system(which it wasn't).

I ordered the Bose sub and T1 mixer and never looked back. I ordered the compact when they came out, and now use it exclusively.

It might be that you can better integrate the Z5500 with the T1 than I did without it.

Bernie

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online