Hey folks.., just a question to the Yamaha PSR-S series owners on the forum. I have a PSR-S-700 and I really enjoy the keyboard. However, there's one issue I have that I wanted to check with here to see what others (who have noticed this) are doing for a work-around.

The issue I have is in the lower register of the preset piano patches. Some of you may or may not actually hear this problem (and please don't take it as a shot at your age).., but reality is that as we age some of us will not really notice this.

Anywho.., the issue is when playing a C-min chord in the lower register.., just below middle C. There's an issue with the E flat/D sharp. From what I hear it's a combination of the looping within the sample, and the preset decay of the note. They don't seem to mix well at times. Sustaining the note with a pedal can also increase the problem.

The note some times (towards the end of the decay point along with reaching the loop point) can make the note sound a little out of tune. It's really noticeable if you've sustained this chord prior to changing chords.

Thus far my only work-around for this is in the EQ settings. The default has a good amount of low end dialed in.., and this kind of muddies that note up a bit. I drop the low end to help reduce this effect. Anyone else notice it, and if so what's your work-around for it.

Trust me.., the keyboard is not faulty. The key itself is functioning properly. There is no problem with the sound chip either. It's not present in other patches. It's just the quality of the sample on that particular note.

It may not be an issue for some.., but I love the key of C min. I use it ALL the time.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.