SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#334206 - 12/06/11 06:59 PM Re: Just having Fun! [Re: Nedim]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Nedim

Thank you, Nedim...now, that is much better than the demo you posted, no disrespect intended.

A very good sax sound indeed....I like it very much, and the player used it to good advantage.

Do I like it more than the the Tyros4's Sax sounds (the T4 has several SA2/SA saxophones)?

Nope, but it is excellent, nonetheless.

As I said earlier, at this level of instruments, sound is more subjective and personal, rather than one being "better" than the other...also, the keyboard player's technique is a big part of it as well.

Like montunoman says, "It not the keyboard, it's the keyboardist."

Ian

PS...is the Mr.Sax sound on the Kronos when you buy it, or is it an additional expense?

#334207 - 12/06/11 08:51 PM Re: Just having Fun! [Re: ianmcnll]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: ianmcnll

PS...is the Mr.Sax T sound on the Kronos when you buy it, or is it an additional expense?

Whoops, my mistake..I just realized this is a totally seperate product from the Kronos, and Korg itself, for that matter...and it sells for a retail price of EUR 119 (+ VAT, if applicable).

Not bad...not bad at all.

Ian

#334208 - 12/06/11 09:28 PM Re: Just having Fun! [Re: Nedim]
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Ian, check their Tumpet and their A and B Saxes too.

#334211 - 12/06/11 10:24 PM Re: Just having Fun! [Re: mirza]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: mirza
Ofcourse it is sax. It was just played oriental style and it sounds really good especially being played from keyboard.
I agree that it misses some stuff, but that is from player's perspective.
I still believe Nedim did really good job .
Do not want to be a bad guy, but first do a research before commenting on a piece of music.And go to samplemodelling page and you'll see it is the best there is for sax,trombone,and trumpet kind of sound.You can do whatever you want with it.Like I said, it's up to the player.

Mirza,

What Nedim did, wasn't a piece of music certain not music as I know it, I don't even think Nedim would admit to it being music, can you tell me why would you want to make a bendy sax sound, can you bend the notes on a real sax, up and down ??? perhaps a trombone. Also what instrument is Nedim trying to imitate that comes from the East. I can remember THE TORNADOS playing a Clavoline in TELSTAR, now I will bet the KRONOS would do that easily in the right hands, and don't forget you will have needed to have heard the Clavoline and when you have made up your Clavoline sample it will be subjective, someone will say "it sounds nothing like a Clavoline" Mirza its all subjective and assumes the listener has not lost part of his/her hearing range, my old mum if she were still alive would say "Nedim demo sounded like someone had stood on the cat". Her hearing had gone a bit !!

BTW Nedim did title the thread "JUST HAVING FUN" thats how I took it, not too serious.

Regards

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#334235 - 12/07/11 05:54 AM Re: Just having Fun! [Re: Tony Hughes]
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Well Tony i guess thats equals to: Your western music sux!
Now i am offended, not as a musician but discriminated.
You clearly state not as the music you know which means it is
discrimination...you clearly have NO CLUE about this music.
But i would'nt fall that low to say Western music sux even
if it really did...but no music suck.

Thanks

#334250 - 12/07/11 09:19 AM Re: Just having Fun! [Re: Nedim]
Tony Hughes Offline

Nedim,

I would not ever offend you Nedim, but this is music (see below), I thought you were "just having fun" and not making music, but merely programing sounds on the KRONOS.

Music is an art form whose medium is sound and silence. Its common elements are pitch (which governs melody and harmony), rhythm (and its associated concepts tempo, meter, and articulation), dynamics, and the sonic qualities of timbre and texture.

When you have finished having fun, please let us hear some of your music, we would love to, not just me.

Regards

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online