SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#33404 - 12/25/08 01:25 PM Re: To the attention of AJ
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Based on this thread...sure don't think I want a MidJay+.....
Lee

#33405 - 12/25/08 06:22 PM Re: To the attention of AJ
--Mac Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia, USA
I'd need more data than the single complaint.

Problem with forumboards is that you generally only hear from those having problems.

That is not to take away from their problem, if you can't get out of something what it is supposed to do it never is a good thing.

But people who have equipments and no problems usually aren't bothering with forums nor posting, so it always makes the skinny on ANY product look like it ain't working when you lurk forums such as these.

One or two malfunction reports has to be taken in context with how many units of a product have been sold, knowmean?

--Mac
"Keep listening. Never become so self-important that you can't listen to other players. Live cleanly....Do right....You can improve as a player by improving as a person. It's a duty we owe to ourselves." --John Coltrane

"You don't know what you like, you like what you know. In order to know what you like, you have to know everything." --Branford Marsalis

#33406 - 12/27/08 12:15 PM Re: To the attention of AJ
mario_pl Offline

Loc: Poland
Many persons don't use full option from Midjay Plus. If you use this unit only for playing mp3 files you don't see any bugs. I know many peoples who has the same problem like on mine. On many keyboards forums you also found many messages about bugs in MJ+

Thanks,

Mario.

#33407 - 12/27/08 05:59 PM Re: To the attention of AJ
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Another failing, for something widely and loudly touted as a multi file player, is that registrations OR styles cannot be included in a playlist. So if you want to play a song at a show using a style, you have to first save a registration and then go madly scrambling around to find it between songs!!! Not good.

You also CANNOT link songs (SMF WAV MP3) to a registration, that in itself is a MAJOR oversight by Ketron.

Looks like Korg are the only company to allow a FULL listing of all file types to be included in their Songbook and set list sub function.

On the Korg you can link anything to everything and a song listing can include WHATEVER resources are in use.

The G70 is certainly well behind on this type of functionality, as is the Ketron Midjay.

From the looks of it, it will only be the PA series and the new Audya that will do the full job for a user.

Should never have sold off my PA2x...Anyway live an learn.

To the posters above, you do know there is OS 5.2A available?

It may fix some of those issues, because I am using it and I have not noticed those issues, so maybe the latest OS is the way to go.

Dennis

[This message has been edited by miden (edited 12-27-2008).]

#33408 - 12/28/08 09:09 AM Re: To the attention of AJ
mario_pl Offline

Loc: Poland
I have installed latest OS 5.2C and still the same. The new release not fix this bugs.
Anyway, thank you for your reply.
Happy New Year 2009 to all

Mario.

#33409 - 12/29/08 04:16 PM Re: To the attention of AJ
leeboy Offline

Ketron...too much wine...not enough work?
Lee

#33410 - 12/29/08 05:20 PM Re: To the attention of AJ
--Mac Offline

Lee, do you own and use any Ketron products at all?
"Keep listening. Never become so self-important that you can't listen to other players. Live cleanly....Do right....You can improve as a player by improving as a person. It's a duty we owe to ourselves." --John Coltrane

"You don't know what you like, you like what you know. In order to know what you like, you have to know everything." --Branford Marsalis

#33411 - 01/01/09 08:32 AM Re: To the attention of AJ
leeboy Offline

SD2 (comming next week)...I keep hoping some day to get something bigger from Ketron, but until I see much better customer suport in the USA, NOT going to do it. Interested in Audya, like many others.

At least with the SD2 if I get discouraged by lack of support, decide to sell it, not much $$ is lost.

Lee

#33412 - 01/01/09 03:01 PM Re: To the attention of AJ
leeboy Offline

Mac,
Here's another great example of the stuff that bothers me.
http://www.pgmusic.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=209165&page=0&fpart=1&vc=1&nt=2

Can this guy (could be me tommorrow?) call Ketron ANYWHERE to get the help he needs???

Lee

[This message has been edited by leeboy (edited 01-01-2009).]

#33413 - 01/01/09 08:29 PM Re: To the attention of AJ
--Mac Offline

Since you posted the link to that thread, you should know that I've been dead in the middle of it from the beginning.

And you should also know that it is a DEALER problem.

His girlfriend bought it for him on Ebay.

You should also know that the owner tried to do an update to the rom, which comes with a warning message.

Still, Ketron Italy sells to this dealer, who apparently is in Canada, and they are in the loop to try to help this fellow out.

He is just going to have to do the sendback and pay the shipping as it stands now. That may change with time, too.

Meanwhile, this is ONE problem out of how many SD2 users out there?

--Mac

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online