SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#333554 - 11/19/11 10:58 AM MOD-7 Synth Techniques Presets for Share
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Hi all, in this download https://rapidshare.com/files/3347893635/MOD7Presets.rar
you can find a small PCG of 8 Preset PCGs all based on MOD-7 as follows:

01. Subtractive 6 OSCs
02. Basic VPM/FM
03. PCM as VPM Mod
04. WaveShaping
05. WaveShaping&VPM+Fltr
06. WaveShaping&PCM
07. WaveShaping Fltrd PCM
08. Ring Modulation

These are not patches ready to play, these are Setups for different use
of the MOD7, different Synth Techniques. The programmers in here like
my self will understand what those names mean. These might make
someones life easier as a starting point in each direction. For some i
used the help of the Manual and then changed things aroung. All of the
presets already are connected and patched...experiment with it.
I hope it would help someone.

#333555 - 11/19/11 12:54 PM Re: MOD-7 Synth Techniques Presets for Share [Re: Nedim]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Nedim,

What arranger uses MOD-7?

Ian

#333556 - 11/19/11 01:03 PM Re: MOD-7 Synth Techniques Presets for Share [Re: ianmcnll]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
Nedim,

What arranger uses MOD-7?

Ian

Karma on the KRONOS outshines almost any arranger, if you can play your own intros and endings.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#333561 - 11/19/11 06:02 PM Re: MOD-7 Synth Techniques Presets for Share [Re: Bachus]
ianmcnll Offline

Originally Posted By: Bachus

Karma on the KRONOS outshines almost any arranger, if you can play your own intros and endings.

Karma is very interesting, but no thanks.

I'll stick with the style play on my Tyros4. I program my own intros and endings, and, if needed, I edit the styles to suit my type of playing.

Different strokes, as they say...if I thought Karma would work better for me, I'd have a Korg...what is very strange, is that it wasn't included on the PA3XPro (even as an option).

They missed a great opportunity to make the PA-3Xpro a more powerful arranger.

Can you tell me what arranger uses MOD-7?

Ian

#333563 - 11/19/11 09:45 PM Re: MOD-7 Synth Techniques Presets for Share [Re: Nedim]
Nedim Offline

Hi Ian, this is for the FM/VPM synth engine on the Kronos,
its mostly for people like me, that smoke a lot of cigarettess...

#333564 - 11/19/11 11:16 PM Re: MOD-7 Synth Techniques Presets for Share [Re: Nedim]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: Nedim

Cough,cough,cough, sick

Nice one nedim

Regards

Tony

Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#333571 - 11/20/11 04:31 AM Re: MOD-7 Synth Techniques Presets for Share [Re: Nedim]
ianmcnll Offline

Thanks for the clarification Nedim...I suspected it wasn't an arranger that used that system.

As I said earlier, it is a shame that Korg didn't include Karma as an option on the PA3XPro...is that why you haven't purchased one?

The KRONOS is a fine instrument, and probably one of Korg's best efforts so far.

I'm presently working with a Yamaha provided MO6 synth which is a really cool and relatively inexpensive instrument...it has a pretty slick arpeggiattor and the sounds are exceptional considering it's price.

Again, the Tyros4 is all I need...anything else would be redundant at this time.

Ian

PS...it is much simpler not to smoke than to smoke...think about it. No having to buy smokes, always having to carry fire around with you, and, then, finding a place to smoke outside of your own home and car.

#333577 - 11/20/11 07:07 AM Re: MOD-7 Synth Techniques Presets for Share [Re: ianmcnll]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: ianmcnll

As I said earlier, it is a shame that Korg didn't include Karma as an option on the PA3XPro...is that why you haven't purchased one?

If anything should have been different, they should have upgraded the KARMA on the KRONOS to allow the use of KORG style format (which could be done with just a bit of reprogramming) making KARMA the truely ultimate system to incorporate both arpeggios and styles and lot lots more.

But the biggest thing missing in KRONOS is DNC, i never understood why they did not add the DNC technollogy to KRONOS, espescially with Brass and wind instruments being its weeakest point.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#333579 - 11/20/11 07:38 AM Re: MOD-7 Synth Techniques Presets for Share [Re: Nedim]
Nedim Offline

Lol Ian...you are close on most of the points...KARMA is one of the reasons
me not getting the PA3X and also few commercial reasons being a third party
develloper...creating a style on PA800 or 3X makes a lot of difference to me
for my customers filed...the PA3X is fairly new and very few have it so i will
be left to deal only with them instead of having a broader field of customers.

Bachus, i look at it exactly as you do, both machine miss featuers from each
other: KARMA distinguishes Korg's WSs from all the other and DNC does the same
thing to arrangers while both are separated on 2 different machines.
It is just a marketing, deceiving and commercial reasons.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online