SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#333336 - 11/12/11 10:07 PM Yamaha vs Korg tone
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Here are Yamaha's and Korg's TOTL keyboards. It would be interesting to see what everybody thinks of the sound comparison of the Tyros 4 and PA3X side by side.

http://www.korgpa.com/en/products/arrangers/pa3x/pa3x-demo.html

http://www.youtube.com/user/TyrosYamaha

For the Tyros 4 you may want to scroll down to 60's Rising Pop as that's where the onboard styles and voices begin. Everything before that I believe is an add on style or voice.

Edited by Scott Langholff (11/12/11 10:15 PM)

#333340 - 11/13/11 08:46 AM Re: Yamaha vs Korg tone [Re: Scott Langholff]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Both have their good and bad points/sounds/styles, so just pick the one that suits you best, (My preference would be the Korg as it sounds more alive that the T4)

A lot of owners have both and combine them to get the best of both worlds. (They complement each other excellently)

Neither would temp me from my Wersi Abacus with its Akai /VST integration though.

Bill

#333343 - 11/13/11 11:17 AM Re: Yamaha vs Korg tone [Re: Scott Langholff]
Machetero Offline

Loc: Tampa, Florida, USA
I don't like this type of comparisons.
If you are a Korg fan, like me, I will say PA3x.
If you are a Yamaha fan, you will say T4.

#333351 - 11/13/11 05:25 PM Re: Yamaha vs Korg tone [Re: Machetero]
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
I had the Korg PA2X for a few months but switched to the Tyros only because of the massive style support. I converted a few Korg styles over, I agree the Korg had a grittier sound and was a better "workstation" but in the end I bought the XS8 for that job and just wanted a ton of style support. I can use the MIDI output to send the "arrangements" to any VST sampler or the Motif. So for me it is all about the style library

Edited by Kingfrog (11/13/11 05:26 PM)
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#333353 - 11/13/11 05:47 PM Re: Yamaha vs Korg tone [Re: Kingfrog]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
I have owned and gigged with the Roland E50 and E80 the BK-7M module, Korg PA1X, PA2xPro, Yamaha PSR3000 and Tyros4. I sold everything but the Yamaha keyboards. If Roland and Korg had the style support that Yamaha has I would have kept them. They all played great, sounded good, and were rather easy to work with. For me it was about style support. But today as I grow older I must consider weight and that would have eliminated the E80 and the PA2Xpro for sure.

Deane

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online