SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#333040 - 10/31/11 03:22 PM Audya 4 hard drive back-up question
gruhs Offline

Loc: Indiana USA
Hello all you Audya "gurus" (experts) :-)
I recently purchased a CLICK-FREE external hard drive to back up my home computers. It is an automatic unit... you just plug it into a computer via usb cable and it copies and saves an exact mirror image of EVERYTHING in the computer at that time and can be updated at anytime I feel enough changes have been made simply by plugging in again. My question to you computer/audya experts is, can I use it to also copy and save everything in the Audya? Keep in mind the usb plug on the CLICK-FREE connecting cord is the type that would have to plug into one of the usb holes on the front of the audya.
What say you?

Edited by gruhs (10/31/11 03:24 PM)

#333132 - 11/03/11 11:56 AM Re: Audya 4 hard drive back-up question [Re: gruhs]
nightowl Offline

Loc: Australia
I've been wanting for this answer for a a very long time.
Let ask AJ.

#333135 - 11/03/11 03:05 PM Re: Audya 4 hard drive back-up question [Re: gruhs]
necdetdoni Offline

Loc: Antalya / Turkey
Originally Posted By: gruhs
Hello all you Audya "gurus" (experts) :-)
I recently purchased a CLICK-FREE external hard drive to back up my home computers. It is an automatic unit... you just plug it into a computer via usb cable and it copies and saves an exact mirror image of EVERYTHING in the computer at that time and can be updated at anytime I feel enough changes have been made simply by plugging in again. My question to you computer/audya experts is, can I use it to also copy and save everything in the Audya? Keep in mind the usb plug on the CLICK-FREE connecting cord is the type that would have to plug into one of the usb holes on the front of the audya.
What say you?

Gruhs;try is the best way to learn..just connect it and look what happening...than let we know...

but i know only one thing about that;if work,it will take very very long time..maybe 1 day...good luck..

#333189 - 11/05/11 07:31 AM Re: Audya 4 hard drive back-up question [Re: necdetdoni]
Snoopy Offline

Loc: Northern Germany
Originally Posted By: necdetdoni
...but i know only one thing about that;if work,it will take very very long time..maybe 1 day...good luck..

I think,. it will last longer than one day juggle

The problem ist the Audyas USB 1.1 interface.

The fastest way to do a backup :

Open the key, extract the hd, plug it to a pc ( via adaptor ) and do the backup.

With "TrueImage" ist last´s about 20 Minutes !

So the complete procedure ( opening the Audya, extracting the hd, connecting to pc, backup, putting it back into the Audya and closing the Audya ) needs ( if you´ve got a little bit "training" ) 40 minutes !

#333197 - 11/06/11 07:16 AM Re: Audya 4 hard drive back-up question [Re: gruhs]
gruhs Offline

Loc: Indiana USA
I've been keeping tabs on the replys since I posted this question a week or so ago and as of this time I've not done anything yet. I'm apparently one of the few that has a unit that works well with no apparent (to me) problems. I'm just enjoying making music with it here at home. I'm not even aware of any benefit to experimenting and accidently causing a problem. Put it this way... if your sitting comfortable and dry in a small boat on the lake, it's probably not a good idea to stand up and try rocking it... :-)
Gary

#333213 - 11/07/11 06:58 AM Re: Audya 4 hard drive back-up question [Re: gruhs]
Tony Hughes Offline

Gary,

How right your are if its not broke don't try and fix it. The last thing you want to do is take the top of the Audya to make a backup, don't do it, back up only the files you need via the slow USB on the back of the KB.

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#333222 - 11/07/11 12:55 PM Re: Audya 4 hard drive back-up question [Re: gruhs]
leezone Offline

Tony

it's not about being broke,
it's about having a FULL backup
just in case the WORST happens

i also WANT ny A4 backed up, EVERYTHING, mirror image
in case i'm on stage, it fails,
i want to be able to then take a 15 min break, open A4 and swap out HD

would be good if we could hook up an external and it would read and boot from it,

#333231 - 11/07/11 10:33 PM Re: Audya 4 hard drive back-up question [Re: leezone]
Tony Hughes Offline

Leezone,

A second HD is possible with a bit a cabling, but you need to have a little bit of faith in your Ketron kit. Just go to the gig and play and if you are really worried take a Tyros 4 as a backup up. My Audya has never let me down recently.

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#333233 - 11/07/11 11:52 PM Re: Audya 4 hard drive back-up question [Re: Tony Hughes]
Tony Hughes Offline

BTW Leezone,

No one in their right mind would want to take the top off an Audya during a gig to change a HD, you might want to take a Kazoo with you just in case the top of the Audya falls over and all the cables pull out the sockets.

Oh happy days Leezone, nothing changes except the day and date.

Regards

Tony

You could make a longer HD lead, cut a slot in the bottom of the Ketron push the lead through and mount the HD
outside the Ketron, then you could plug any drive in, don't make the HD lead too long. And don't tell anyone I told
you to do this. Don't try this at home boys and girls!!

#333289 - 11/10/11 08:21 AM Re: Audya 4 hard drive back-up question [Re: Tony Hughes]
Snoopy Offline

Loc: Northern Germany
Hi Tony,

I thought just about this:

To add a "slot in" for a removable disk drive.

So in case the HD should fail : just pull it out and replace it with a 2nd one. That would take max 1 minute wink

But I´m a home player, I don´t need it.

On the other hand this would make it very easy to do backups or to store a few gigabyte of mp3-files on Audya´s HD wink

Thinking about it in 1 year when the warranty is no longer valid laugh

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online