SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#332559 - 10/15/11 04:02 PM Re: Styles for Shirley Bassey songs [Re: Anthony Johnson]
Mike Aviv Offline

Hello Bill,

I love these two songs, years ago I used to sing them with my band, if it's not to much to ask, can you please send me a copy,
I would like to thank you in advance, I am sure they are great.

Mike Aviv

#332560 - 10/15/11 04:37 PM Re: Message for all members of this Forum [Re: RC]
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hello Roger, the answer to your question is "Yes I did receive your email" but as I said, I am unable to send emails why? I don't exactly know yet (neither does BT or Microsoft would you believe)

Anyway, to get back to your question. I have two very important gigs coming up and have been trying to get all my dances, medleys etc. saved to the Tyros 4. I have 27 ring binders with 20 medleys to each and despite having had the T4 since last Christmas and because of the horrendous operating system used by Yamaha, I am still only on Medley Book 6 and this is my main complaint about the Tyros keyboards, they entail a lot of 'button pushing' which is far too time consuming and in my opinion, completely unnecessary in this day and age,. When you consider how quickly in the last few years the mobile phones, PCs, Cameras and Television have become more 'User Friendly' why is it Yamaha haven't kept up I wonder? O.K. the sound system is better, but the styles etc. are still very much like the original Tyros in fact, some sound better on the older keyboards at times - more suited to certain tunes I'd say.

With regards to the Korg PAX3 - yes I did like this keyboard very much and was particularly interested in the 76-note one because as an old 'honky tonk' type pianist, I do miss the extra notes in the bass. I know you can drop/up the octave, but it isn't the same somehow. It has a lovely sound and a well thought out operating system. Unfortunately, I only played it for about 10 minutes (it was in great demand at Pakefield) so I am not able to give you an honest opinion.
However, I liked the way the speaker system connected direct to the keyboard itself, thus eliminating a trail of leads, but I must confess it did occur to me that if for any reason there was a 'glitch' in the connection, you would be left without a sound system (unless you also use separate speakers but then this would defeat the object of 'no leads')

The other factor of course was the price, although I was given a very generous part exchange offer for the Tyros 4.

However, for me the KN7000 is still the 'king' of the keyboards for simplicity and sound, particularly when used with an amplification system. The choice is your Roger.

(Sorry Nigel, if I've gone on a bit. Hopefully this is a one- off).

Audrey

#332561 - 10/15/11 05:54 PM Re: Styles for Shirley Bassey songs [Re: Bill Norrie]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Bill,
I was playing my Km7000 today and I remembered your post about the styles you created – if it is easy would you send me them.

I promise to send my full opinion via your email.
It is always nice to see the work from someone who has been here forever; and that’s a complement.

Thank you, John C.

PS, my Korg Pa800 sits in my room with the Kn7000; it is hard to pass without playing it.

#332569 - 10/16/11 05:06 AM Re: Styles for Shirley Bassey songs [Re: bruno123]
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi John and Mike,

Check your emails and thanks for your interest smile

#332571 - 10/16/11 08:35 AM Re: Styles for Shirley Bassey songs [Re: Bill Norrie]
Mike Aviv Offline

Bill,

I have just played the songs, they are great, reflected by your talent, grat taste and attention to detail.

Thanks

Mike Aviv

#332737 - 10/20/11 10:20 AM Re: Styles for Shirley Bassey songs [Re: Bert Aarts]
Giovanni Offline

Loc: Norwich Norfolk England
Hi Bill , I just wanted to thank you for sending me the 2 Shirley Bassey styles/sequences that you have created .
You are a master of creating styles ...they are first class .

I'm sure our "Shirley" would be more than happy to sing to the wonderful backing tracks you have produced .

Once again .....many thanks .

best Regards .........Giovanni

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online