SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#33218 - 06/25/03 12:17 PM Maybe I don't buy Ketron SD-1 anymore !!!
jolier Offline

Loc: na
Well, I am buying a new arranger keyboard and
my intend was buy Ketron SD-1, but after reading of those too many unsolved current
problems with it I AM NOT SURE ANYMORE !!!

HOW ABOUT THAT 44.1 kHz sample rate ??? is it
solved now ???, how about that 16 MB sample RAM limit which has problems even with those small samples few 100 kbytes ???!!!

BTW, WHEN THEY GET BETTER DISPLAY FOR SD-1 as
well as long awaited arpeggiator ???!!!

I am turning back to GENESYS if nothing upgrades from Ketron soon.

#33219 - 06/26/03 06:18 AM Re: Maybe I don't buy Ketron SD-1 anymore !!!
DAN.2000 Offline

Loc: FRANCE
You can hear here only SD1 problems, and we suggest a lot of things... But i f you search a really good arranger keyboard with groove !! good style and good sounds, you can't buy nothing else !!
The SD1 is , always now, the best arranger keyboard to make your people dance...
OK It would be great If it's engine was more powerful... but ... IT'S THE BEST !!

Dan
https://www.varranger.com

#33220 - 06/26/03 08:00 PM Re: Maybe I don't buy Ketron SD-1 anymore !!!
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
"best" is subjective

#33221 - 06/27/03 04:52 AM Re: Maybe I don't buy Ketron SD-1 anymore !!!
DAN.2000 Offline

Uncle DAVE, What is the best for you?? I will go to listen it and compare, if my people can dance with them as good as my SD1 with its drummer !

Dan

#33222 - 06/27/03 07:23 AM Re: Maybe I don't buy Ketron SD-1 anymore !!!
Uncle Dave Offline

"Best" is how I arrange the tunes and perform the vocals over the arranger;s capabilities. No one element of any keyboard is a guarentee for dancers. It's a combination of gear, skill and insight.
I can fill a dance floor with almost anything out there. I've had every major brand, and while I do think the Ketron drums are among the best - I can't say that they are THE best.
I use a Korg PA80. I also had great success with my Yamaha 9000pro, and gpoing back a ways .... my Roland E86. It's all in how you use it. I had a ball when I used the Alessiss sr16 drum machine with my Rhodes and a Moog bass too ! The dance floor was filled everynight.

Don't give the kb too much credit. It has to come from within to really "sell" a peformance !

#33223 - 06/27/03 10:24 AM Re: Maybe I don't buy Ketron SD-1 anymore !!!
DAN.2000 Offline

100 years ago, they filled the dance floor with their voice and claps and somme percus
essspecially in oriental music, now , if you have only singer and darbouka (percu player),you can make them moove directly.
But today, we want to use the best instrument to make the sound more punchy. And today, peoples are very exigent when they choose their orchestra, and the arranger keyboard world dies a lot of real musicians...
today, a lot of people says to me: i see you when you are playing alone, I want just you... they don't really understand the music...
The PA80 and the yamaha psr900, i heard them, the sounds are great, and finest and precise. but not real groove !!! the sd1 sounds sometimes dirty but real !! I prefer the real sounds, you prefer the HI FI/CD sound...

Dan

#33224 - 06/27/03 09:01 PM Re: Maybe I don't buy Ketron SD-1 anymore !!!
Uncle Dave Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DAN.2000:
I prefer the real sounds, you prefer the HI FI/CD sound...

It was never the sound of the Ketron products that I hated - it was the poor handling of polyphony and the way the harmonizer was linked to the polyphony that made me go bald ! (well, not really.... )
I can't use a kb that shuts the harmonies off when the polyphonic limit is reached. That is unacceptable in my shows. I need to be in control of every aspect of my vocals. The drums are a close second place, but the voice runs the show.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online