SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#33211 - 03/14/00 08:43 PM PSR is pretty .............. pretty weak, that is.....
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hail X1 users!
I've run this 9000 up and down the block a few hundred times, and It's a "GOOD SECOND" The sounds and patterns on the X1 win big time. I stated that the Yamaha had alot going for it, and it does! If there was no X1, the 9000 would be the champ of all I've seen so far. The user interface is just wonderful, and the gingerbread features are terrific! Too bad, for me - it comes down to function & sound. The 126 note polyphony is a scam. It uses up notes faster than any of the old 64 note synths I've used, and even worse than a few 32 note ones! Keep your X1's folks, don't fall for the hype - it just isn't worth it. The X1 is a better all around package, if you care about sound, and variety, and "hipness" of styles!

------------------
Uncle Dave

#33212 - 03/15/00 08:46 PM Re: PSR is pretty .............. pretty weak, that is.....
Sean P Offline

Dave,

If I'm not mistaken, you posted somewhere that you often play "live" with loud drums, fat bass sounds and piano sounds.

How would you do that on the X1?
Which drum and bass sounds on the X1 do you often use?
Also, how would you play LOWER + BASS on the X1?

Thanks for your help.
Sean

#33213 - 03/15/00 10:34 PM Re: PSR is pretty .............. pretty weak, that is.....
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sean,
I replied once to this message and the password got corrupted and the message wouln't go through! I just wrote another reply and the entire thing got deleted! aaaagh! I hate this stinkin' Com-CRAP PC.
Anyway -
Yes, I play live bass lines alot. I use acoustic and finger mostly, but I do experiment from time to time. You can layer by writing a "program" sound that has up to 4 different sounds and just call that up, or you can use the two lower sounds as your bass and whatever.Wish me luck, I'm about to hit the "submit reply" button ..............

------------------
Uncle Dave

[This message has been edited by UncleDavesMusic (edited 03-15-2000).]

#33214 - 03/16/00 09:16 PM Re: PSR is pretty .............. pretty weak, that is.....
Sean P Offline

Hi Dave,

Thank you very much for your tips.

Do you know how to play BASS + LOWER on the X1?

Regards,
Sean

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online