SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#332038 - 09/29/11 04:01 AM Re: Why is it so quiet here? [Re: bruno123]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia

Hi John,
there is no 2nd, 3rd or 4th pad. Korg pads are individual. The pads that you decide to attach? to the style, are chosen individually .
If possible , record instrument pads based on a 7thMaj Chord ( same as Yammie) , this way you can get away with recording just a single CV ie cv1.
There are 6 cv's that you could record ie one each for maj, min,7th, chord etc.. Rarely done.

Make sure you set your NTT setting to "i series" for maj7th chord if the pad is sort of melodic or arpeggio's. If it's block chords , set it to "Fixed"

Yammie to korg styles, can be done from a midifile of the Yamaha style or I actually use ONe Man Band, I create a midifile of the style , import it into the Korg & do the various settings. Fairly complex, get a bit of practice with editing the Korg styles & if you're interested, I could go thru it with you.

Originally Posted By: bruno123
Hi Rikki, Thanks to you and some other helpers I have the saving procedure down pat.

I have 80% of the song book and Performance.
Now I am learning to record Pads, songs and edit styles. Recording a new Pad has still got me puzzled. I am having trouble selecting the 2nd, 3rd and 4th pads. (To record on)

Making Yamaha styles into Korg styles sounds difficult. I am affraid to ask.

Much thanks to you, John C.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#332067 - 09/29/11 11:16 PM Re: Why is it so quiet here? [Re: RMepstead]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Roger,
that's interesting.

In development of the board?

Originally Posted By: RMepstead
Met two ex Technics technical guys recently both now working for Korg...

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online