Why is it so quiet here?

Posted by: bruno123

Why is it so quiet here? - 08/13/11 03:18 AM

Since I bought my Pa800 I have been posting in a different forum. I would love to do more right here on SynthZone it has been my home for the last 15 years.

What can we do to make this place alive.

I just love when a place is alive , when it's active.

John C.
Posted by: Audrey Turner

Re: Why is it so quiet here? - 09/23/11 04:09 PM

Hello John,

I like to play my instruments in preference to sitting at a PC for any length of time, so I tend to only look at the PC very late at night after the rest of the family have gone to bed.

Another thing is, a music site used to be just that - all about music& instruments, but now some sites are becoming so 'time consuming' with their chat/coffee breaks/videos etc. it takes more and more time to trawl through them, hence the reason I rarely bother, because as I said, I prefer to play. I am not against 'chats' so long as they are relevant to our music topics.

I think Nigel has got it right with this Forum in that it covers all manufacturers and their products plus buying/selling. It is clearly laid out and easy to access, giving everyone a chance to view all that is on offer immediately.

Just my opinion.

Audrey
Posted by: RMepstead

Re: Why is it so quiet here? - 09/25/11 01:23 AM

Lot of folk moving on to the Korg PA3X from Tyros and Technics...the latest cleverest thing...

Re: Why is it so quiet here? - 09/25/11 07:11 PM

Roger, I am amazed at the sound and options of my Korg Pa800. Love it.
John C.

Re: Why is it so quiet here? - 09/27/11 07:43 AM

I could be tempted if I had sufficient dollar...
Posted by: rikkisbears

Re: Why is it so quiet here? - 09/27/11 08:04 PM

Hi,
I recently bought the PA3X, it's brilliant.

Korg actually ended up filling the gap for me, after the demise of Technics.

Tried Ketron, tried Yamaha, they just didn't really work out.

Re: Why is it so quiet here? - 09/27/11 11:20 PM

I must admit that became frustrated and was about to give up but after a bit of a rest I’m discovering again.

With my Pa800 I can make every song sound exactly the way I want, it leaves nothing to desire it is all there.

This keyboard requires more work to set up each song but the results are awesome.

I am now ready to sell my Kn7000. When I do I will buy the Pa3x.
John C.

Re: Why is it so quiet here? - 09/28/11 02:46 AM

Hi John,
glad to see you stuck with it. It's well worth the learning curve. It is a machine you can set up to suite your needs, just needs time to try & sort out how to do things.

The thing that had me most confused at first was the Saving/ Loading structure. In some ways it reminds me a tiny bit of the KN7, folder within a folder etc. Made it a priority after I accidently overwrote some styles I'd been working on for a week. Now I save everything on at least 2 usb sticks. Don't want to go thru that again.

I didn't really think they could improve on the PA800, but they did. I still have both.
A side by side comparison thru the same speaker system, the PA3X, just plain sounds better.
It's actually better laid out than the PA800. My 61 note keyboard is built like a tank. More compact & really solid.
It also has a set of half a dozen or so, sliders.
It's also great to have 4 fills instead of just the 2. It has the option of an auto fill mode, which works like the yammies, plus you also have 4 fill buttons ( & break of course).
For me the XG Drum Kits were a real bonus. I convert some of my yammie styles to korg manually. SAves me having to remap all the drums that weren't compatible with Korg.

I don't think you'd regret upgrading, but you'd still probably want to have a look at one first.
Originally Posted By: bruno123
I must admit that became frustrated and was about to give up but after a bit of a rest I’m discovering again.

With my Pa800 I can make every song sound exactly the way I want, it leaves nothing to desire it is all there.

This keyboard requires more work to set up each song but the results are awesome.

I am now ready to sell my Kn7000. When I do I will buy the Pa3x.
John C.

Re: Why is it so quiet here? - 09/28/11 06:54 AM

Hi Rikki, Thanks to you and some other helpers I have the saving procedure down pat.

I have 80% of the song book and Performance.
Now I am learning to record Pads, songs and edit styles. Recording a new Pad has still got me puzzled. I am having trouble selecting the 2nd, 3rd and 4th pads. (To record on)

Making Yamaha styles into Korg styles sounds difficult. I am affraid to ask.

Much thanks to you, John C.

Re: Why is it so quiet here? - 09/29/11 01:25 AM

Met two ex Technics technical guys recently both now working for Korg...

Re: Why is it so quiet here? - 09/29/11 04:01 AM

Hi John,
there is no 2nd, 3rd or 4th pad. Korg pads are individual. The pads that you decide to attach? to the style, are chosen individually .
If possible , record instrument pads based on a 7thMaj Chord ( same as Yammie) , this way you can get away with recording just a single CV ie cv1.
There are 6 cv's that you could record ie one each for maj, min,7th, chord etc.. Rarely done.

Make sure you set your NTT setting to "i series" for maj7th chord if the pad is sort of melodic or arpeggio's. If it's block chords , set it to "Fixed"

Yammie to korg styles, can be done from a midifile of the Yamaha style or I actually use ONe Man Band, I create a midifile of the style , import it into the Korg & do the various settings. Fairly complex, get a bit of practice with editing the Korg styles & if you're interested, I could go thru it with you.

Originally Posted By: bruno123
Hi Rikki, Thanks to you and some other helpers I have the saving procedure down pat.

I have 80% of the song book and Performance.
Now I am learning to record Pads, songs and edit styles. Recording a new Pad has still got me puzzled. I am having trouble selecting the 2nd, 3rd and 4th pads. (To record on)

Making Yamaha styles into Korg styles sounds difficult. I am affraid to ask.

Much thanks to you, John C.

Re: Why is it so quiet here? - 09/29/11 11:16 PM

Hi Roger,
that's interesting.

In development of the board?

Originally Posted By: RMepstead
Met two ex Technics technical guys recently both now working for Korg...