SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#331864 - 09/24/11 03:45 AM Obamacare hurts chances for cancer treatment?
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Will "Obamacare" hurt your chances of being treated for colon cancer?

Last Thursday evening at the FOX News/Google GOP Debate in Orlando, Florida, Herman Cain was asked this question:

WALLACE: Mr. Cain, you are a survivor of stage 4 colon and liver cancer. And you say, if Obamacare had been...
(APPLAUSE)
WALLACE: ...and we all share in the happiness about your situation. But, you say if Obamacare had been in effect when you were first being treated, you would dead now. Why?
CAIN: The reason I said that I would be dead under Obamacare is because my cancer was detected in March of 2006. From March 2006 all the way to the end of 2006, for that number of months, I was able to get the necessary CAT scan tests, go to the necessary doctors, get a second opinion, get chemotherapy, go -- get surgery, recuperate from surgery, get more chemotherapy in a span of nine months. If we had been under Obamacare and a bureaucrat was trying to tell me when I could get that CAT scan that would have delayed by treatment.
My surgeons and doctors have told me that because I was able get the treatment as fast as I could, based upon my timetable and not the government's timetable that's what saved my life, because I only had a 30 percent chance of survival. And now I'm here five years cancer free, because I could do it on my timetable and not a bureaucrat's timetable.
This is one of the reasons I believe a lot of people are objecting to Obamacare, because we need get bureaucrats out of the business of trying to micromanage health care in this nation.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's unpack this a bit...

Mr. Cain's cancer was detected in March of 2006. Over the next nine months, he was able to undergo a CAT scan, see multiple doctors, get a second opinion, undergo chemotherapy, surgery, recover from surgery and undergo more chemo to apparently beat the odds and emerge healthy. It was a busy and no doubt stressful time for him. He cites the speed with which he could move through those stages as being critical to his outcome. He's five year's cancer free.

Mr. Cain is a wealthy man by any measure.

Reasonable Conversation Read more...

Edited by Bill in Dayton (09/24/11 03:46 AM)

#331895 - 09/24/11 07:47 PM Re: Obamacare hurts chances for cancer treatment? [Re: Bill in Dayton]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
This is soooo dumb .... just political retoric .. makes no sense. Cain would still be using the same insurance he always had and could afford. So he would have received the same attention. If he had had NO other insurance before Obamacare then waiting for attention would still be so much better than getting NO attention.

What a load of BS. I just hate people who can afford quality health insurance trying to screw things for people that can't afford the same coverage.

#331917 - 09/25/11 09:32 AM Re: Obamacare hurts chances for cancer treatment? [Re: Bill in Dayton]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Quote:
This is one of the reasons I believe a lot of people are objecting to Obamacare, because we need get bureaucrats out of the business of trying to micromanage health care in this nation.

And everyone that has ever had to deal with health insurance knows that these companies are already micromanaging health care in this nation.

#331992 - 09/27/11 07:14 PM Re: Obamacare hurts chances for cancer treatment? [Re: Nigel]
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
It really makes me nuts that more, not fewer people would have access to this test.

He, like most of them, are self serving jerks...

They don't care who gets hurt...

#332383 - 10/08/11 06:40 PM Re: Obamacare hurts chances for cancer treatment? [Re: Bill in Dayton]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Agree with you both. I'm sick of multi millionaires who can afford the best medical services available, and at the same time object to the Government helping those less fortunate.

And Cain is a Jesus worshiping minister.

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online