SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#331665 - 09/17/11 04:37 PM OT: Kure For Kat - Please Read - From Deane
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Today I received the following email from my Daughter. Some of you know we lost one of her triplet girls last year to a terrible disease and on Oct. 1st there will be a fund raiser in Denton, Tx called Kure for Kat. Please read the following and if possible consider taking part in the event or at least donating to the national fund.

Thanks,
Deane

Here is the Email:
This year, we will be participating in the Kure for Kat again to help raise money for finding a cure for mitochondrial disease. We will walk with very heavy hearts this year as our sweet Piper will not be with us as she was last year. We had hope of a timely cure for Piper last year, this year we will have hope for a cure for others still suffering from this awful disease. Please help us reach our goal of $7,500! Last year we raised just under $7,500 in less than a week, and I know we can surpass that this year. We have put together a team, Piper's Pack, to participate in the event. Please join or team and come walk or run with us! You can walk 1 mile, or run the 5K, your choice. The event is Oct 1, in Denton, Tx. If you can't make it, please consider making a donation to a wonderful cause. Any donation, large or small is appreciated! You can register or donate here:

http://www.umdf.org/faf/home/default.asp?ievent=492710

When you register, make sure you click "join a team" so you will be part of Piper's Pack!! If making a donation, make sure you donate to Piper's Pack.

Thank you for supporting us, other families dealing with this disease, and Piper.

For more information on Mitochondrial disease, and the specific disease Piper had (Leigh's Syndrome), please visit www.umdf.org.

Sincerely,

Belinda, Geof, Andi, and Bella

#331787 - 09/21/11 01:06 PM Re: OT: Kure For Kat - Please Read - From Deane [Re: hammer]
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Deane, just downloaded the donation form. I THINK I'm somehow supporting Belinda, on Piper's Pack. I'll mail the check this evening.

So sorry for your loss of a precious young person.

Be well,

Russ

#331801 - 09/22/11 05:32 AM Re: OT: Kure For Kat - Please Read - From Deane [Re: captain Russ]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Thank you Russ,
I wish more folks would read the info about this disease. The researchers believe it is behind hundreds of things that go wrong with people. There is little money for research right now because people don't know about the mitochondrial disorder diseases.

I know my daughter will be thrilled with your donation to the organization.

Thanks,
Deane

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online