SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#331273 - 09/05/11 01:50 PM Halloween...
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Halloween in just two months off, and those of us that play the senior circuit usually perform for several Halloween parties. Naturally, we're hired because of what we play, and sing, at jobs throughout the year. However, this time of year is when some very unusual requests are made for Halloween specific songs.

Among them is Michael Jackson's Thriller, a song that until recently I either told them requester that I didn't know, or just played an MP3 file of the song. Recently, I discovered a great, song-specific, style file for Thriller, which is really great. It was created for the Tyros2, but works just fine when played on the PSR-3000. At this point I'm still in the learning stage of the song, and as usual, looking for others for this specific occasion. Any suggestions will be welcomed.

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#331277 - 09/05/11 03:59 PM Re: Halloween... [Re: travlin'easy]
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Spooky (attached)
Monster Mash

I'd love to get a copy of your Thriller style smile

Always great when we enjoy adding new songs, styles, find new sound combinations that work, etc.

Scott

If you'd like a different key for Spooky go to Wikifonia.com

Attachments
Spooky wiki Dm.pdf (63 downloads)

Edited by Scott Langholff (09/05/11 04:00 PM)

#331280 - 09/05/11 04:42 PM Re: Halloween... [Re: Scott Langholff]
travlin'easy Offline

Enjoy,

Box Net

Gary cool

#331287 - 09/05/11 10:06 PM Re: Halloween... [Re: travlin'easy]
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Thanx Gary, I look forward to trying it out.

#331289 - 09/05/11 11:01 PM Re: Halloween... [Re: travlin'easy]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Gary, please video your performance of Thriller. Can't wait to see you moonwalk! You probably have a glove left over from when your hand was ailing. You don't have much hair left so I wouldn't set any of it on fire!
Years ago I make a deal with Michael; I wouldn't do his songs and he wouldn't do any Hank Williams.

DonM

#331298 - 09/06/11 06:32 AM Re: Halloween... [Re: travlin'easy]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Thanks Gary,
It's a great style, and perfect for Thriller.

@Don, I think you should learn the moonwalk, I'm sure it would be a great show. smile

BTW...When did Halloween become the biggest Holiday of the year?
I'm so old, I remember it as a 'kids only' day.

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#331299 - 09/06/11 06:59 AM Re: Halloween... [Re: DonM]
rphillipchuk Online   content

Loc: Ontario Canada
Originally Posted By: DonM
Gary, please video your performance of Thriller. Can't wait to see you moonwalk! You probably have a glove left over from when your hand was ailing. You don't have much hair left so I wouldn't set any of it on fire!
Years ago I make a deal with Michael; I wouldn't do his songs and he wouldn't do any Hank Williams.

DonM

Priceless clap grin

Styles
Yamaha Styles Only
Midi Safe

#331300 - 09/06/11 07:17 AM Re: Halloween... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Over the years, Halloween has really grown in popularity, almost to the same level as Saint Patrick's Day. I guess all those kids grew up and wanted to continue the party atmosphere. Ironically, a lot of this seems to have carried into the senior circuit. Nursing homes, assisted living centers and retirement communities get all decked out with pumpkin carving contests, orange and black streamers, cardboard cutouts of black cats, goblins and witches, and other associated decor. The residents dress in homemade costumes, put on face-paint and do an incredible job. They love to dance, but they also seem to enjoy novelty songs they cannot dance to.

I usually wear an all-black outfit, and place a glow-in-the-dark, life-size skull on the keyboard stand. I tried wearing a mask once, but it was too hot and it was nearly impossible to sing through--big mistake.

If I could video one of the events I would, but setting what little hair I have on fire and moon-walking is out of the question--it ain't gonna' happen! wink

Cheers,

Gary cool

#331321 - 09/06/11 01:03 PM Re: Halloween... [Re: travlin'easy]
wrinkles303 Offline

Loc: worthington ,ohio
wow this plays well in my little psr1000. nice work.
here's a link to some guy using a korg pa 50 on the same song
if you're interested
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQy_TBBLlBY
its kinda cool

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online