SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#331252 - 09/05/11 04:10 AM Using the Roland BK 7M with a controller/sampler
wkStudio Offline

Loc: South Florida, USA
I have an Alesis Fusion HD6 sampler and a Roland BK-7M arranger module.
I want to use the Alesis Fusion as a midi controller by midi-ying it out to the Roland BK 7M arranger, which is the easy part.
I also want to use the Alesis Fusion as a sound module, using it's midi in, to be able to double the drum sounds.
Can it be done? The Alesis has local on/off. It says in the manual that the Alesis Fusion can be connected to a computer and used as a GM module, but it does not mention using the keyboard as a controller at the same time. Thanks for any assistance.

#331411 - 09/08/11 11:13 PM Re: Using the Roland BK 7M with a controller/sampler [Re: wkStudio]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By: wkStudio
I have an Alesis Fusion HD6 sampler and a Roland BK-7M arranger module.
I want to use the Alesis Fusion as a midi controller by midi-ying it out to the Roland BK 7M arranger, which is the easy part.
I also want to use the Alesis Fusion as a sound module, using it's midi in, to be able to double the drum sounds.
Can it be done? The Alesis has local on/off. It says in the manual that the Alesis Fusion can be connected to a computer and used as a GM module, but it does not mention using the keyboard as a controller at the same time. Thanks for any assistance.

I would think that should work fine. Local On/Off should just prevent the keyboard from triggering internal sounds while MIDI OUT for keyboard control and MIDI IN to trigger internal sounds should work as expected. Have you tried it out?

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online