Now, if it's compatible with all the PA series styles? then, KORG has a big winner! but, I didn't read anything like this anywhere, anyone know?
Not PA 500/800. Only PA 80 family (80/60/50).
Reasonable price with quality sounds and functions = many users = growth in 3rd party support
PA50ís drums are still better than psr s 910.
Yamaha should do something like that ( PSRs710 Ė mini, then weíll have a good competition)
You Ďll have the following pros.
1.10 lbs pro arranger KB with speakers and aux input (buy your 199$ TC harmonizer and hook it up)
2. Actual midi ports and L/R out, sustain and assignable ins
3. Plays SMFs or Modified SMFs with internal sounds directly from SD with no load time
4. Good synth engine/sounds and tons of editing (will load Triton programs)/Actual sequencer with true edit
5. Can rewrite all factory styles (4 variations each more than 300) and user area (can load 48 I believe), but you have SD drive Ėso no major issues
6. No sticking USB drives
7. arranger module with 5 octave keys (I know the size) with 4 WAY JOY STICK ( try that with PSR s 650) ( did I mention speakers and 10 lbs only?) meaning you can create , edit songs anywhere without a computer or space issues.
Cons will be
1. 2 fills and some issues with fills (same old PA 80 BOARD)
2. Muti-pads wonít play loops (no OS update canít do it either)
3. Styles somewhat busy and over orchestrated compared to mid Yammies ( PSR S series)
4. Small keys ( I would still take the keys than no keys at all)
So, use it with your portable E piano with no wheel/joy stick (no problem, it has one).So P 95 owners or anyone who complain about Korg piano sound and bring their EP and bring this.
Pros outweighs cons because there are none in the market with this sounds and features. This is PA 80 board (which was sold for more than 1500 $ in early 2000s). We donít have any KB with PSR2000/1500s (release around the same time)features (4 variations/midi out/2 wheels/new style load/SAME quality sounds and style edit),no PSR s550/650 canít do all and are not as portable.
What we need is converting YAMMY styles to KORG format /or developing new 3rd party styles (which I believe will happen when it start to sell like hot cakes).
VERY GOOD JOB KORG! WHO EVER MADE THE DESICION TO DO MICRO ARRANGER, I APPALUADE YOU! VERY WISE.
NOW PLEASE CREATE A DATA BASE OF CONVERTED YAMMY STYLES WITH NO MEGA VOICE ISSUES (SOMETHING BETTER THAN THE ONES ON IRISH ACTS)/ CREATE A BETTER SOFTWARE THAN EMC AND OR CREATE NEW STYLES FOR LOW END PA SERIES. ( Iím sure users will start to do it).
REMEMBER ďSIMPLEĒ IS THE KEY. LESS IS MORE. WE NEED MORE GOOD 8 BEATS AND 16s. NOT TOO MUCH POKAs OR HIPHOPs.
I know Iím asking a lot. But, hey! This will be a major hit.