Should 9/11 First Responders be offended at Anniversary DIS-invitation?

No, they shouldn't...

The tenth anniversary of the attacks of 9/11 is fast approaching and there's some coverage in the media that New York City Mayor Micheal Bloomberg is way out of line by not inviting the "first responders" to the ceremonies that day.

Bloomberg's office issued a statement saying that due to space constraints, this year's September 11th memorial ceremony at ground zero (the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks) was to focus on the victims' family members, and that first responders (and other groups) would be honored at "different places and times."

There are those who feel everybody should be included in the ceremony, because leaving someone/anyone out seems wrong. I wouldn't say they're wrong. On the other hand, it seems likely to me that for this anniversary, they're trying to make it as special as they can for the family of those who lost loved ones. As much as the first responders; Police, Fire, EMS, etc. sacrificed that day, does the price tag they paid outweigh the price of the families? It's a damn sensitive question, but I say no, it does not.

It's important to note this is not an all or nothing position. If I suggest that...

Read more... Reasonable Conversation