SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#33080 - 03/12/05 07:32 AM Petition to Ketron for Capability to Create SND files
nick_h Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Lets make this thread the petition and I will email the link to Ketron when we have 30+ members supporting this effort; If I have missed anything, please add with your comments supporting the petition. Thanks.

P E T I T I O N

WHEREAS, we the following users of Ketrons Vega, XD9, Turkish,..., keyboards would like to be able to add sounds to our keyboards as advertised by Ketron;

WHEREAS, these keyboards were built with the ability and the advertised capability to add sound samples through disks;

WHEREAS, we have each already spent at least over $250 to buy some version of a flash card for sampled sounds in addition to paying over $2,000 for the keyboard;

WHEREAS, with its design limitation, instead of building a flash card capability to insert from outside the keyboard, Ketron built it internally with the expectation not to switch cards with routine use but instead to update the sounds through loading of SND files;

WHEREAS, there is a very limited supply of sample sounds out in the market, and even with these you don't get the software but just the flash chip that you cannot write over, because otherwise your $200-$300 investment would be wasted;

WHEREAS, you cannot add a sampled sound of your own choosing to the keyboards;

WHEREAS, other keyboards in the market comparable to these Ketron keyboards offer sampling capability;

WHEREAS, we know that the software to add this sound exists and does not cost Ketron any extra money to create;

WHEREAS, provision of the SND creation software by Ketron will likely result in increased sales and more use of their keyboards;

WHEREAS, we, as customers of Ketron have experienced great frustrations in the past 3 years trying to add new sounds to our keyboards, and are speaking loudly and cleary through this petition, asking Ketron to listen to our needs;

the following members who now own such Ketron keyboards listed above have prepared this petition on our own free will, and would like Ketron to take immediate action to satisfy our needs and concerns.

We request that Ketron make the knowhow for creating the SND disks available through its Web page or in the alternate sell the software for a nominal price.

Signed, on this date in March 2005.

Nick_h and the following Ketron users in this thread.

#33081 - 03/12/05 12:24 PM Re: Petition to Ketron for Capability to Create SND files
Ketron User Offline

Hallo Nick,

You have my full Support on this.

Recour Carlo
Poperinge / Belgium

I own the X4, SN A2AB10037A

Best Regards,
Carlo.

#33082 - 03/14/05 02:30 AM Re: Petition to Ketron for Capability to Create SND files
mario_pl Offline

Loc: Poland
Nick, you have my full support on this,too.

Ovner of the Ketron X1 Serial No: 11664

Greetings from Poland, Mariusz.

[This message has been edited by mario_pl (edited 03-16-2005).]

#33083 - 03/14/05 09:37 PM Re: Petition to Ketron for Capability to Create SND files
Mosiqaar Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA, USA
Nick, you should copy all the signatures from the midieast forum to this link as well, this will motivate people.

I will put my support here as well and still make the offer to help develope SND and styles and Drum kits if I am given the proper tools.

#33084 - 03/15/05 04:27 AM Re: Petition to Ketron for Capability to Create SND files
Edoardo Offline

Loc: Trento, Italy

Owner of the Ketron X1

Greetings, Edoardo from ITALY.

#33085 - 03/15/05 09:45 PM Re: Petition to Ketron for Capability to Create SND files
asafar Offline

Loc: New York
I will add my support too.

#33086 - 03/16/05 10:18 AM Re: Petition to Ketron for Capability to Create SND files
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Here's my signature--
DonM

#33087 - 03/16/05 10:26 AM Re: Petition to Ketron for Capability to Create SND files
mario_pl Offline

Loc: Poland
Eldorado could you contact with me on email?
mmakowski@wi.ps.pl
Greetings, Mariusz.
Quote:
Originally posted by Edoardo:

Owner of the Ketron X1

Greetings, Edoardo from ITALY.

#33088 - 03/16/05 11:50 AM Re: Petition to Ketron for Capability to Create SND files
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by nick_h:
Lets make this thread the petition and I will email the link to Ketron when we have 30+ members supporting this effort; If I have missed anything, please add with your comments supporting the petition. Thanks.

P E T I T I O N

WHEREAS, we the following users of Ketrons Vega, XD9, Turkish,..., keyboards would like to be able to add sounds to our keyboards as advertised by Ketron;

WHEREAS, these keyboards were built with the ability and the advertised capability to add sound samples through disks;

WHEREAS, we have each already spent at least over $250 to buy some version of a flash card for sampled sounds in addition to paying over $2,000 for the keyboard;

WHEREAS, with its design limitation, instead of building a flash card capability to insert from outside the keyboard, Ketron built it internally with the expectation not to switch cards with routine use but instead to update the sounds through loading of SND files;

WHEREAS, there is a very limited supply of sample sounds out in the market, and even with these you don't get the software but just the flash chip that you cannot write over, because otherwise your $200-$300 investment would be wasted;

WHEREAS, you cannot add a sampled sound of your own choosing to the keyboards;

WHEREAS, other keyboards in the market comparable to these Ketron keyboards offer sampling capability;

WHEREAS, we know that the software to add this sound exists and does not cost Ketron any extra money to create;

WHEREAS, provision of the SND creation software by Ketron will likely result in increased sales and more use of their keyboards;

WHEREAS, we, as customers of Ketron have experienced great frustrations in the past 3 years trying to add new sounds to our keyboards, and are speaking loudly and cleary through this petition, asking Ketron to listen to our needs;

the following members who now own such Ketron keyboards listed above have prepared this petition on our own free will, and would like Ketron to take immediate action to satisfy our needs and concerns.

We request that Ketron make the knowhow for creating the SND disks available through its Web page or in the alternate sell the software for a nominal price.

Signed, on this date in March 2005.

Nick_h and the following Ketron users in this thread.

Thank you Nick for adding my voice to the bank of 'user voices' for usable USER VOICES.
Rick Tofte

#33089 - 03/16/05 04:40 PM Re: Petition to Ketron for Capability to Create SND files
anthonycarriero Offline

Loc: New Rochelle, New York, USA
Nick, I join with you and the other members in full support of your petition. I own the Ketron MS40 and XD3 units. The ability to add new sounds would be a major asset.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online