SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#330302 - 08/12/11 11:24 AM Lionstracs Groove X6 Video Demo
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Ok guys, I've got to admit that up until now, I haven't shown much interest in Liontracs keyboards,
but I just discovered this recent video demo of the Groove X6 in what I assume was played in auto accompaniment style mode,
and I'm pretty impressed with the keyboard's 'live' sound, styles showcased (esp the Country (4:19) & R&B (6:00) ones), and cool sliders & lighted buttons.
Does anybody here own one? How does the Groove model differ from the Media Station model?
Is its Windows OS stable and the keyboard reliably gig worthy on its own? What's the street price for the X6?
Thanks. - Scott cool

#330305 - 08/12/11 11:41 AM Re: Lionstracs Groove X6 Video Demo [Re: Scottyee]
Tony Hughes Offline

Stop it Scott, you are not going to buy one, anyway you only have one left hand, this guys got two, one to play left hand and the other the sliders, go onto the MS site and wade through all the different models they make, in three or four different colors. You will be spoilt for choice.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#330315 - 08/12/11 01:08 PM Re: Lionstracs Groove X6 Video Demo [Re: Scottyee]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I have been using the MediaStation on my long duration gigs...so I can leave it set up on stage..It has been working great with my band use...with 2 on board mic inputs, better than average Giga sounds, and the best media player..all around....

I do not use styles or arranger with the band..

I am using the newest OS including the updated Linux ( Not Windows Scott)..the improvements with the Giga GM map and other features are great...What is not so great....twice over the last few months..It did not boot up and I needed a keypad to type a command (who carries one?)...it was a show stopper till I had a customer get a keypad for me to use....

Last Wed night it was a show stopper again..this time it booted up ..froze, and would not boot up again...I even had a keypad..and it did not help...Most likely I will need to re install the OS again....

It is now off line for gigging and will stay in the studio...I like what it does well...but can't depend on it anymore (till a update is released)..

I won't leave my G70 on stage, so it is like all one nighters now...

#330318 - 08/12/11 02:59 PM Re: Lionstracs Groove X6 Video Demo [Re: Scottyee]
124 Offline

Scott, that intro at 6:00 and the outro at the end of the tune are straight lifts of a Korg gospel style that's been around for years. It's been tweaked a bit - for the worse, IMO. Two thumbs down from me.

#330325 - 08/12/11 04:26 PM Re: Lionstracs Groove X6 Video Demo [Re: Fran Carango]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By: Fran Carango
I won't leave my G70 on stage, so it is like all one nighters now...

Aw, Fran ... anyone that wants it bad enough to lift that coffin deserves to own it! C'mon .. no one wants that old relic anyway!
smile

#330337 - 08/12/11 08:12 PM Re: Lionstracs Groove X6 Video Demo [Re: 124]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Originally Posted By: Fran Carango
I have been using the MediaStation on my long duration gigs.. . .What is not so great....twice over the last few months..It did not boot up . . .
Last Wed night it was a show stopper again..this time it booted up ..froze, and would not boot up again.
Fran,
That is really a shame to hear that,
as for the first time now, with this latest Groove X6 demo, I was pretty impressed. That said, what exactly is the difference between the MediaStation & Groove X6? Is The Groove X6 a newer (improved?) Lionstracs model?

Originally Posted By: 124
Scott, that intro at 6:00 and the outro at the end of the tune are straight lifts of a Korg gospel style that's been around for years. It's been tweaked a bit - for the worse, IMO. Two thumbs down from me.
Thanks for the heads up about that.
Does the Groove X6 include styles of its own,
or must they all be imported from other keyboards,vor created from scratch?
What is the difference between it and the Media station?

#330341 - 08/13/11 01:12 AM Re: Lionstracs Groove X6 Video Demo [Re: Fran Carango]
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Hi Fran
Do you have installed the OS 5.1?
On OS 5.1 the kernel startup always without PS2 keyboard confirmation.
Anyway, you have to turn OFF normally and not remove the power for turn off, or some system files can be corrupted.
Maybe there is starting and the Fdisk is checking and fixing the files on your HD but you can not see the log untill is finished ( depend on the size of the HD, some time need also 15-20 minute for the Check disk untill then booting normally)

Soon we release the OS 5.3, with the new Wine/windows Realtime version, where no more drop outs on big ASIO/VST.
We have fixed the Wondows OS for the www.garritan.com library.
here some example:
The best ASIO Piano steinway: http://www.lionstracs.com/demo/rack2U/steinwayASIO.jpeg

The Personal Orchestra: http://www.lionstracs.com/demo/groove/3GarritanOrchestra.jpeg

regards

#330345 - 08/13/11 04:42 AM Re: Lionstracs Groove X6 Video Demo [Re: 124]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Originally Posted By: 124

About 75% of styles on a keyboard are the same on all manufactures boards, just tweaked to make use of the particular boards sounds and features. (If you think about it, most are designed for a certain selection of songs, so there will never be too much variation)

Bill

#330347 - 08/13/11 05:01 AM Re: Lionstracs Groove X6 Video Demo [Re: LIONSTRACS]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: LIONSTRACS
Hi Fran
Anyway, you have to turn OFF normally and not remove the power for turn off, or some system files can be corrupted.
Maybe there is starting and the Fdisk is checking and fixing the files on your HD but you can not see the log untill is finished ( depend on the size of the HD, some time need also 15-20 minute for the Check disk untill then booting normally)

Soon we release the OS 5.3, with the new Wine/windows Realtime version, where no more drop outs on big ASIO/VST.
here some example:
The best ASIO Piano steinway: http://www.lionstracs.com/demo/rack2U/steinwayASIO.jpeg

The Personal Orchestra: http://www.lionstracs.com/demo/groove/3GarritanOrchestra.jpeg

regards

Time alone will tell if any other KB manufacturer is going to go this way, I doubt it. This sound hellish complex for someone who just wants to plug a KB in and play music, it sound like an awful complex new motor car with no keys to get in it and start it up. It may turn out to be the best sounding and most flexible KB in the World but in the end you need people to buy them in some quantity to make more. It’s a fundamental part of being in business, I don't see it happening. Let’s wait and see what the head count is next year perhaps when all the software and hardware is working right. Looks like there are only a few in the USA, and just 2 SZers, one on the floor performance shrouded in mystery and the others got a mind of its own. Just one other point the MS has a PC motherboard ASUS or similar, I change my PC every two years because they are either out of date, slow and prime after two years of going on the blink, and they usually crash just when you don’t expect them too. I might well be totally wrong we will see. PC don't like being bumped around in the back of cars either, laptops are made that way.

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#330348 - 08/13/11 06:11 AM Re: Lionstracs Groove X6 Video Demo [Re: LIONSTRACS]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By: LIONSTRACS
Hi Fran

here some example:

regards

Hi Dom, Yes I have been running 5.1...I am getting several different error notes ..a kernal problem was one and some ms errors...

I installed a new Barracuda 1 terrabyte HD when I installed 5.1...and it worked fine for a few months...I tried to re install the 5.1 OS again and I am getting "failed to remove old files and must be removed manually"

I replaced the HD with the old 250 g drive running 5.0 , and everything works..including B4 and arranger Live (Problem on the Barracuda running 5.1)

I will wait till 5.3 and hopefully will be able to re-format the Barracuda drive..

Dom I will try and Skype you...soon, Thanks

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online