SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#330355 - 08/13/11 08:16 AM Re: Lionstracs Groove X6 Video Demo [Re: Scottyee]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: Scottyee
Ok guys, I've got to admit that up until now, I haven't shown much interest in Liontracs keyboards,
but I just discovered this recent video demo of the Groove X6 in what I assume was played in auto accompaniment style mode,
and I'm pretty impressed with the keyboard's 'live' sound, styles showcased (esp the Country (4:19) & R&B (6:00) ones), and cool sliders & lighted buttons.
Does anybody here own one? How does the Groove model differ from the Media Station model?
Is its Windows OS stable and the keyboard reliably gig worthy on its own? What's the street price for the X6?
Thanks. - Scott cool

Scott,

Is this what you want!! http://www.openlabs.com/nekoxxl.html not to be played through a single speaker please and a snip at $6000
Look at the quality of the finished product. And for Fran if it locks up the qwerty is built in.

Scott when playing the Neko the baseball cap needs to be on with the peek at the back.

Maybe Christmas
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#330356 - 08/13/11 08:20 AM Re: Lionstracs Groove X6 Video Demo [Re: Scottyee]
dralion Offline

Does changing RH sound require moving 2 sliders instead of pressing a single button?

Edited by dralion (08/13/11 08:22 AM)

#330357 - 08/13/11 08:34 AM Re: Lionstracs Groove X6 Video Demo [Re: dralion]
Tony Hughes Offline

Hi,

Don't know but sure its fully programmeable or at least it should be.

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#330360 - 08/13/11 09:09 AM Re: Lionstracs Groove X6 Video Demo [Re: abacus]
124 Offline

Originally Posted By: abacus
Originally Posted By: 124
Scott, that intro at 6:00 and the outro at the end of the tune are straight lifts of a Korg gospel style that's been around for years. It's been tweaked a bit - for the worse, IMO. Two thumbs down from me.

About 75% of styles on a keyboard are the same on all manufactures boards, just tweaked to make use of the particular boards sounds and features. (If you think about it, most are designed for a certain selection of songs, so there will never be too much variation)

Bill

Yes, that's true to some extent. But that intro and outro are just a straight across copy of an at least 12 year old Korg style. And whoever tweaked it needs a pair of ears, or they were having a laugh. Haven't Lionstracs got any people to produce original content? Apart from that, I wouldn't touch an X6 with a 10' bargepole based on that demo.

#330362 - 08/13/11 09:50 AM Re: Lionstracs Groove X6 Video Demo [Re: Scottyee]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
The MS and Groove models have a QWERTY keyboard on the touch screen..after boot up..

In Europe they use the sliders for volumes..controlling the combination sounds (8 sounds at the same time)...Try that on a Tyros 4 grin

And...you can use any high quality VST's in the combination mode...and play two hand chords with a sustain pedal....and....have no drop outs (256 polyphonic)..

The above atributes have no competition.... smile

And when we (MS owners) complain about something...we know that any modification can be altered via software updates, and less we forget...we can talk directly to the "Bossman".....That paragraph can never be stated with any other company clap

The idea ..to use your favorite styles (from other brands) is a plus..not a negative.....If you are not interested in the benefits of an "open" keyboard....pass on it, just buy another re packaged keyboard...just like you have done for ever smile

#330363 - 08/13/11 10:02 AM Re: Lionstracs Groove X6 Video Demo [Re: Fran Carango]
Tony Hughes Offline

Fran,

I really have no doubt when they get it right I will be mind blowing. However, even with all the features you quote, you do need to be able to turn it on and it boot up. Without that you ain't going nowhere. I was going to buy one but I will wait until they get all the problems sorted out first. It's obvious from Dom's reply they are still working on software versions.

Regards

Tony

#330364 - 08/13/11 10:20 AM Re: Lionstracs Groove X6 Video Demo [Re: Scottyee]
Fran Carango Offline

Tony, who is to say...maybe my boot up fault may be the HD I added..a Barracuda 1 terrabyte drive..I have replaced the Barracuda with my original 250g drive and it has the 5.0 OS on it...Works fine... smile

The updates are always being worked on...Linux is an open OS and folks are always coming up with great ideas to use with Linux..and I for one will hope Lionstracs always will continue to develope new and improved ideas......for me this is half the fun of owning a MS.. smile

#330366 - 08/13/11 10:23 AM Re: Lionstracs Groove X6 Video Demo [Re: Scottyee]
Fran Carango Offline

I was going to raffle off the MS....but remembered Russ's raffle failure wink

#330372 - 08/13/11 01:22 PM Re: Lionstracs Groove X6 Video Demo [Re: Fran Carango]
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Originally Posted By: Fran Carango
Tony, who is to say...maybe my boot up fault may be the HD I added..a Barracuda 1 terrabyte drive..I have replaced the Barracuda with my original 250g drive and it has the 5.0 OS on it...Works fine... smile

The updates are always being worked on...Linux is an open OS and folks are always coming up with great ideas to use with Linux..and I for one will hope Lionstracs always will continue to develope new and improved ideas......for me this is half the fun of owning a MS.. smile

mmmm..this can BE also the cause of your HD failure..
Some time I had try also to test some different HD models, like the Western Digital or Seagate and some after hours of working I get crash system too.

In this week I made a lot of hardware test, to find a good mainboard for the Groove XR Extreme, where on current mainboard model will not support the SSD Sata600 or HD with 10.000 Rpm.
This is the SSD that I like to use as bootstrap:
http://www.ocztechnology.com/ocz-solid-3-sata-iii-2-5-ssd.html

I TOUGH that the problem was from my Linux kernel, every time that I try to install the OS I get errors and corrupted my USB stick OS installer...
then I buy the new mainboard generation AM3+:
http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=880GMH/U3S3
This support up to 32Gb Ram, 8 Core and Sata600.
Installed the SSD Solid3 to the Sata600 connector and my OS was installed perfect...booting to the desktop in about 15 seconds!

Fran, may be there the OS is working good, BUT may be the BIOS of your mainboarn NOT full support your Barracuda driver.
You THINK that is working because booting and play the keyboard, but we dont have the warranty that the mainboard BIOS communicate always correct with the kernel.
In fact the all mainboards manufacture release new BIOS firmware for fix the bugs.

about ouw OS, will be NEVER completed, we continue always update and update of new features and bugfix.
when I stopping the OS mean that I'm not interested anymore to work in this field.
Or...when I see Microsoft or Apple to release the ultimate OS and stopping the developement, then I stop and release the Last OS too..:)

Tony, I'm not the only manufacture that use one PC inside the keyboards...Oasys..Kronos..Wersi..crumar mojo, Hamichord, Openlabs, Music Computing and Much much more other company.
the difference is that we use full Linux OS and then other Windows with only one App ASIO running.

Connecting some standard USB controllers in one PC is simple and cheap, but try then to configure and make working multiple midi controller to different apps on the same time if you are able.

Anyway, I'm not here to sell you nothing, you can buy what you like.
If you still are looking for one Arranger, the Lionstracs, Oasys, Kronos, Fantom, Motif, Jupiter, Nord stage.....are NOT for you.
Arranger= NO sales= No OS arranger developement
workstation= full sales= full new OS workstation developement

Enjoy what you play.
regards

#330375 - 08/13/11 03:22 PM Re: Lionstracs Groove X6 Video Demo [Re: LIONSTRACS]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Originally Posted By: LIONSTRACS
Anyway, I'm not here to sell you nothing, you can buy what you like.

Dom: What's the difference between the Mediastation and the Groove X6,
where can I purchase one in the US, and how much do each of them cost in US Dollars?
Thanks. - Scott smile

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online