SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#330049 - 08/05/11 02:14 PM Re: Korg Pa3X Song Demo performed by Andrea Girbaudo [Re: Scottyee]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
...but it was a good sounding demo. I liked the guitar sound, and he played it well. I thought his 'improv' intro and ending were pretty good, and really did not notice a glitch. The style was rather bland, but I did like the drums, and the horns sounded nice

Thanks for posting Scott.

I too would love to try one, but where?

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#330051 - 08/05/11 02:37 PM Re: Korg Pa3X Song Demo performed by Andrea Girbaudo [Re: lahawk]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Originally Posted By: lahawk

Larry,
Frank Ventresca's got a PA3X 76 note model to demo. cool
It's only a 163 mile drive from where you live. smile
Looking forward to your impression after demoing it. keys

Map & Directions to:
AudioWorks, 260 Old Gate Ln, Milford, Connecticut 06460

#330070 - 08/05/11 09:44 PM Re: Korg Pa3X Song Demo performed by Andrea Girbaudo [Re: Scottyee]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Horn sounded ok, but no horn player can hold his breath that long!
The demo made me want to hear more. Maybe Frank can come up with something.
DonM

#330076 - 08/05/11 11:19 PM Re: Korg Pa3X Song Demo performed by Andrea Girbaudo [Re: lahawk]
Tony Hughes Offline

His pants are ripped...

Larry,

That’s the only excitement you are going to get.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#330077 - 08/05/11 11:20 PM Re: Korg Pa3X Song Demo performed by Andrea Girbaudo [Re: Scottyee]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: Scottyee

Larry,
Frank Ventresca's got a PA3X 76 note model to demo. cool
It's only a 163 mile drive from where you live. smile
Looking forward to your impression after demoing it. keys

Map & Directions to:
AudioWorks, 260 Old Gate Ln, Milford, Connecticut 06460

163 miles is a bridge too far.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#330085 - 08/06/11 06:59 AM Re: Korg Pa3X Song Demo performed by Andrea Girbaudo [Re: Scottyee]
124 Offline

Okay, Tony, I came in a bit hard yesterday - wasn't any need for it. It's just that I see an awful lot of knocks against what I consider a very good keyboard in the Pa3X by people who've never even set eyes on one, let alone anthing else.

Cheers, 124.

#330090 - 08/06/11 08:42 AM Re: Korg Pa3X Song Demo performed by Andrea Girbaudo [Re: 124]
Tony Hughes Offline

Thats Ok Thanks

Tony

#330094 - 08/06/11 11:54 AM Re: Korg Pa3X Song Demo performed by Andrea Girbaudo [Re: Robbo]
Machetero Offline

Loc: Tampa, Florida, USA
Originally Posted By: Robbo
Originally Posted By: Scottyee
I really enjoyed Girbaudo's performance. clap
The Pa3X sounds terrific and idea in this intimate combo setting (with very tasteful drums)
allowing Girbaudo's expressive live keyboard emulated guitar improvisation to shine.
My only disappointment is that he screwed up the intro and ending. confused1

Oh Scotty, so true re the Into and Ending, but more than that, this board with all of the wonderfull features it has, lacks the one big thing that it should have had "killer styles" If I ws korg right now I would be in developement of killer styles like you would not believe, because as it stands nothing would make me buy the PA3x with the styles it has. It's a shame because the RX sounds are fabulous.

The korg PA2x-PA3x, in my point of view have the best:

Unplugged Styles (nothing compare)
Rumba Styles
Bossanova Styles

Best drums after Audya

I will like to see better 8-16 beats and ballad styles.

#330095 - 08/06/11 12:05 PM Re: Korg Pa3X Song Demo performed by Andrea Girbaudo [Re: Scottyee]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Wow a lot being said here about the Korg Pa3x. I have just come off many years of using Technics keyboards and my move will be to a Korg keyboard so the posts here gave me something to think about.
My first thought; I feel the people who do the demos maybe thinking of the song as in I’ll play this song it is really a good tune. Instead, in my opinion, it should be what song can bring the great parts of this Pa3x out. The keyboard is good but the wrong song can kill the demo, as in this case. So the negative remarks maybe may have their place here but after playing a Pa800 for the last month I can only agree with the demo is poor.

I would like to make a statement about keyboards; I do not feel it is not possible to know the capabilities of a keyboard from a few demos or playing for a few days. It takes a while to understand the true beauty of any keyboard. If your desire is out-of-a-box and play then it cannot be a Korg. Possibly a Yamaha or a Technics, they were great right from the start but they do offer less in many of the important areas.

Korg is offering me options that will help make my performance better. (Does this sound like a Korg commercial, oops.) Smile.

Just my humble opinion, John C.

#330113 - 08/07/11 07:04 AM Re: Korg Pa3X Song Demo performed by Andrea Girbaudo [Re: bruno123]
Saswick Offline

Loc: Garstang, Preston, Lancashire,...
Sorry to disapoint you guys who are praising the Pa3x this style is the same as the soft ballad style on the Pa2x.

Kind Regards

Col (Pa2x)

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online