SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#330014 - 08/04/11 06:59 PM Korg Pa3X Song Demo performed by Andrea Girbaudo
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
I really enjoyed Girbaudo's performance. clap
The Pa3X sounds terrific and idea in this intimate combo setting (with very tasteful drums)
allowing Girbaudo's expressive live keyboard emulated guitar improvisation to shine.
My only disappointment is that he screwed up the intro and ending. confused1

#330019 - 08/04/11 11:17 PM Re: Korg Pa3X Song Demo performed by Andrea Girbaudo [Re: Scottyee]
Tony Hughes Offline

Scott,

I wouldn't go out and buying one from this, the style sounded like something off and old Lowry Holiday, tick, tick tick. It can't think of a style on the T4 or the Audya that sounds like that, may be its my new hearing aids, I am back off to the shop with them today.

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#330023 - 08/05/11 12:47 AM Re: Korg Pa3X Song Demo performed by Andrea Girbaudo [Re: Scottyee]
Robbo Offline

Loc: Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
Originally Posted By: Scottyee
I really enjoyed Girbaudo's performance. clap
The Pa3X sounds terrific and idea in this intimate combo setting (with very tasteful drums)
allowing Girbaudo's expressive live keyboard emulated guitar improvisation to shine.
My only disappointment is that he screwed up the intro and ending. confused1

Oh Scotty, so true re the Into and Ending, but more than that, this board with all of the wonderfull features it has, lacks the one big thing that it should have had "killer styles" If I ws korg right now I would be in developement of killer styles like you would not believe, because as it stands nothing would make me buy the PA3x with the styles it has. It's a shame because the RX sounds are fabulous.

#330028 - 08/05/11 05:05 AM Re: Korg Pa3X Song Demo performed by Andrea Girbaudo [Re: Robbo]
Tony Hughes Offline

Robbo,

You are right, I am not impressed at all, Scott back to trawling the web for better demos of the PA3x, doubt you finding any, plenty of the T4 but why go trawling T4 demos when you know they are going to be good. Have you noticed Scott never posts any Wersi Wing demos, they must be out there somewhere, I have given up looking now I have the T4.

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#330031 - 08/05/11 06:16 AM Re: Korg Pa3X Song Demo performed by Andrea Girbaudo [Re: Scottyee]
124 Offline

Tony: You hear one solitary 'chill' style and you're all over the Pa3X for sounding like an "old Lowry" (sic)? Too funny. That's no different than dismissing a new Ferrari for not being fast enough because you only brushed the accelerator with your toe. It's one thing to not like a particular brand/model, but something else entirely to bash it at every opportunity, which seems to be be your current M.O. You really do need to deign yourself to put your hands on one. But maybe it'll be too much board for you.

Robbo: There are some pretty "killer" styles in the Korg, especially in the funk and jazz end of things; has been since whenever. I'm guessing that they don't suit your style of playing. That's fine, and good reason enough for you not to buy one.

#330034 - 08/05/11 07:22 AM Re: Korg Pa3X Song Demo performed by Andrea Girbaudo [Re: 124]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: 124
Tony: You hear one solitary 'chill' style and you're all over the Pa3X for sounding like an "old Lowry" (sic)? Too funny. That's no different than dismissing a new Ferrari for not being fast enough because you only brushed the accelerator with your toe. It's one thing to not like a particular brand/model, but something else entirely to bash it at every opportunity, which seems to be be your current M.O. You really do need to deign yourself to put your hands on one. But maybe it'll be too much board for you.

Robbo: There are some pretty "killer" styles in the Korg, especially in the funk and jazz end of things; has been since whenever. I'm guessing that they don't suit your style of playing. That's fine, and good reason enough for you not to buy one.

I just sat and listened to it again and all I can hear is the ticking of something like I said and old Lowry holiday, this is not a mind blowing style, I have no doubt the PA3x has mountains of good things going for it, they just don't appear to be being demonstrated here. 123 I am certainly not bashing it at every opportunity, this is first time I have made a statement about it, perhaps it had better be my last. I have no intention of buying one, even if it came with £3000 worth of extra styles, a free stand and a set of Bosh L1 compact speakers. BTW, I have just sold my Pa2x.

Cheers Tony

#330040 - 08/05/11 10:19 AM Re: Korg Pa3X Song Demo performed by Andrea Girbaudo [Re: Scottyee]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
You guys do know..he played a counter line with the arranger intro and endings....hardly a screw up cool

Maybe you are too use to a simple right hand melody.. grin

Seriously , what I have listened , the last couple Korg demos posted here on SZ...It looks like Korg is the one to beat...not saying the Tyros4 and Audya are not great...The Korg seems like it has more life as in "live" overall...where the Audya shines on the Drums, bass and guitar (thanks to audio loops)...and the Yamaha with some stellar right hand sounds, and one or two drum sets (overall still lacks that "real" sound)...With no hands on experience with any of the above I will reserve my final thoughts on all 3... wink

#330042 - 08/05/11 10:42 AM Re: Korg Pa3X Song Demo performed by Andrea Girbaudo [Re: Tony Hughes]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes

I just sat and listened to it again and all I can hear is the ticking of something like I said and old Lowrey holiday, this is not a mind blowing style, I have no doubt the PA3x has mountains of good things going for it, they just don't appear to be being demonstrated here.

Tony, there hasn't been very many PA3X demos that really showcase the instrument.

This particular demo isn't what I would call stellar either...the style used is pretty lame.

I think the PA3X has an identity crises going on...not quite as "live" as some of the Roland, not quite as polished, refined and "live" as the Tyros4...somewhere in the middle, in my opinion.

It's still a nice keyboard, nonetheless.

Ian

#330045 - 08/05/11 12:54 PM Re: Korg Pa3X Song Demo performed by Andrea Girbaudo [Re: Fran Carango]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Originally Posted By: Fran Carango
You guys do know..he played a counter line with the arranger intro and endings....hardly a screw up cool
Fran,
The auto accompaniment intro sounded odd tonally (at 0:04-0:05 sec). Instead of the counter melody, I would have preferred Girbaudo to play a solo intro all by himself, while muting the one included in the style's intro altogether. The glitch heard at the ending is at 1:43 seconds when he triggers the ending to play. I too look forward to finally having an opportunity to actually play a Pa3X myself. So far, no stores in my area even have one though.

#330048 - 08/05/11 01:59 PM Re: Korg Pa3X Song Demo performed by Andrea Girbaudo [Re: Scottyee]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
His pants are ripped...

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online