Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#329807 - 07/30/11 09:32 PM Finally a PA3X Demo feat Euro-American Pop Music
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Here's a live impromptu style demo clap
of the Korg PA3X, finally featuring "European-American" classic pop music,
presented by Marco Riedijk at the Feedback music store in Rotterdam, Netherlands:

#329808 - 07/30/11 10:43 PM Re: Finally a PA3X Demo feat Euro-American Pop Music [Re: Scottyee]
Tony Hughes Offline

Scott,

This is surley the best PA3x demo yet, straight out of a music store and throught 3 speakers.

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#329815 - 07/31/11 09:09 AM Re: Finally a PA3X Demo feat Euro-American Pop Music [Re: Tony Hughes]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Hi Scott and Tony,
As you know I owned and gigged with both a PA1X and a PA2XPro. One of the reasons I sold both of them was the absence of the kind of styles he uses in this demo. I wonder if ALL the styles he uses in this demo are factory presets and if not where did they come from? Korg has not been one to package "song specific" styles on their products.

Deane

#329816 - 07/31/11 09:24 AM Re: Finally a PA3X Demo feat Euro-American Pop Music [Re: Scottyee]
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Deane,
I have gone through all the styles in the PA3X and I can say they have gone to "song specific" styles. The styles I heard in this demo were from the stock machine.
(Retired 2021)

#329818 - 07/31/11 10:22 AM Re: Finally a PA3X Demo feat Euro-American Pop Music [Re: hammer]
Scottyee Offline

Originally Posted By: hammer
I wonder if ALL the styles he uses in this demo are factory presets and if not where did they come from? Korg has not been one to package "song specific" styles on their products.
hi Deane
Below is a google translation (from Dutch to English)
of the same question posed by a commenter on YouTube, 'French godfather', to 'vanderstel100' (person that uploaded the video). Vanderstel100 followed up with a reply:

French godfather:
Hi, I also PA3x but most styles in this video are not in my PA3X. How can I get. Are they for sale or something?

vanderstel100:
That's right.
Normally, you have 462 styles
This demonstrator has an update with over 800 styles and many new sounds.
I also understand that this update is provided in the demo if you buy him.
That's how I came also.
This update is very special with really cool styles that eg Yamaha certainly has not.
Because only 15min movie on youtube, you can not hear the other styles such as the German pop songs, etc.
Maybe your dealer can do something ....

Originally Posted By: vanderstel100
Maybe your dealer can do something ....
Synthzone member music dealers:
Frank Ventresca: AudioWorks
& George Kaye.
What do you say? grin

#329823 - 07/31/11 11:39 AM Re: Finally a PA3X Demo feat Euro-American Pop Music [Re: Scottyee]
hammer Offline

So, the question remains - if not on the keyboard out of the box how do you get them and at what cost? I trust George's input here but how do you sort out the info in the other post?

Deane

#329826 - 07/31/11 11:47 AM Re: Finally a PA3X Demo feat Euro-American Pop Music [Re: Scottyee]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Not sure if this is pertinent, Scott, but on the Korg site, a forum member tells me that Jone of the Korg PA3X owners comment on the video was as follows,

"He plays good. But most of these styles I don't have in my PA3x."

I suspect vanderstel100 is correct about the extra styles being part of an update.

Ian

#329828 - 07/31/11 12:11 PM Re: Finally a PA3X Demo feat Euro-American Pop Music [Re: George Kaye]
Scottyee Offline

Originally Posted By: George Kaye
The styles I heard in this demo were from the stock machine.
Assuming George is correct that the styles featured in the demo are all included on the 'stock' PA3X at his Southern California store, yet not on the one demoed at the Feedback Rotterham, Netherlands store,
I'm wondering now if perhaps the US version of the PA3X may include different 'stock' styles than the ones sold in Europe.
If I were to purchase a PA3X I would hope these, what I'd consider 'essential' styles, to be included, and not have to pay extra for them.
Clarification appreciated. smile

#329829 - 07/31/11 12:14 PM Re: Finally a PA3X Demo feat Euro-American Pop Music [Re: Scottyee]
hammer Offline

I wonder if these styles are a Songbook upgrade?
Deane

#329830 - 07/31/11 12:18 PM Re: Finally a PA3X Demo feat Euro-American Pop Music [Re: Scottyee]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Scottyee
Originally Posted By: George Kaye
The styles I heard in this demo were from the stock machine.
Assuming George is correct that the styles featured in the demo are all included on the 'stock' PA3X at his Southern California store, yet not on the one demoed at the Feedback Rotterham, Netherlands store,
I'm wondering now if perhaps the US version of the PA3X may include different 'stock' styles than the ones sold in Europe.
If I were to purchase a PA3X I would expect these 'essential' styles to be included as part of the stock keyboard, and not have to pay extra for them.
Clarification appreciated. smile

The poster on the Korg forums was from Denmark I'm told...from Europe, in any case.

Ian

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online