abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Details on the Wersi Forum here

Enjoy

Bill

#329613 - 07/27/11 07:05 PM Re: Solitaire on his New Scala [Re: abacus]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Solitare is super...and that Wersi sounds great..
BUT, I think you can do as well on a T4 Twin for 1/10 the cost.

#329616 - 07/27/11 11:01 PM Re: Solitaire on his New Scala [Re: leeboy]
Tony Hughes Offline

Bill,

I love the sound of the Wersi and the Bohm they are bespoke organs, there is nothing sounds like either of them, but alas there is no market for them, its like the boat thing , two of the happiest people in the World someone buying and boat and someone selling the boat, just like Wersi and Bohm.
The Demo is nice but it could be anyone playing the Organ, they need to be there live, a face, hand movements, hell I could start posting my sounds with a picture of me on the Ketron or T4, and Klaus dubbed over it playing Tico, Tico and Popcorn.

Bill, I do really admire your enthusiasm about Wersi but its terminal , the good old days will never return, I know there is no harm in thinking it will but I am a realist.

I would have bought a Wing but I think the writing is on the wall with that also, not one person yet has posted anything on YouTube, unless you can find one, but please Bill not a still photo, someone really enjoying owning and playing one. Sure, it will sound good, there is no question of that.

Bill I hope your steadfastness with Wersi prove me entirely wrong , if you do and the Wing is a knock out I might need to eat my hat and my words and sell up and buy one.

It would be hellish nice to see them turn it around, but history has a bad habit of repeating itself and I don’t think the dealers have enough money in a deal to push the product.

Best Regards

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#329619 - 07/28/11 12:26 AM Re: Solitaire on his New Scala [Re: abacus]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Tony

The Abacus is just a tool and is the only range available at present that has the capabilities and features that I want, if another manufacture came along and offered better I would have no hesitation in changing. (Sticking to a brand is like buying a car with a particular badge, it doesn’t mean it’s the best for you no matter what they have done in the past)

You’re a little off mark about Wersi company going under (Writing on the wall) as it failed, (And is unlikely ever to return) at the end of 2009. May it RIP?

Music Store now own the name, and all dealers have to provide a business plan to Music Store to prove they can make Music Store money, and uphold the Music Store ethos. (They didn’t become one of the biggest music retailers in Europe by dragging along dead weight)

You may also be interested to know that last year at Wersi Rhine; (The dealer where the OAS 7 instruments are made to order for Music Store) had to expand so as to meet the demand for the OAS 7 instruments. (When Music Store bought the name, they priced the products in line with their competitors, rather than living on past glory’s, which of course never works)

As to the Wing, I couldn’t care less if it is sold to aliens or takes over the world, it doesn’t do what I want, and so for me is a complete irrelevance.

Regards

Bill

#329627 - 07/28/11 04:48 AM Re: Solitaire on his New Scala [Re: abacus]
Tony Hughes Offline

Thanks Bill,

I just had big hopes for the Wing, it looks hellish good. Like rocking horse droppings

Never Mind Bill.

Regards

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online