SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#329535 - 07/26/11 03:45 PM Forum I am still some what active with!
analogcontrolfreak Offline

This is one of the few forums, that I am still some what active with. Even If I have nothing to contribute! The other is the Talking Machine Forum. I am still a member of the Online Edison forum, the Vintage Synth Explorer, the 78 rpm community, Phonoland and the Music Player Forum. Al though I rarely post on them. I can even remember the last time I posted on the VSE? The 78rpm I have not because I lost my password, and I can not change it. When I try to change it, safari says the page does not exist. The VSE, is too childish, Phonoland does not get a lot of traffic. The online Edison board I have not posted on in a year.

When I post on here, do get replies, but not like I did when i joined three or four years ago. Not much traffic. Plus there are more arranger users on here then synth, or keyboard players. Since I am not active in music, or keyboards. there really is not much to contribute. So I have stayed away!

Anyway, I figured I would stop by and say hi, to let people know I am still here. This is my second post in two days. I did post something in the Living Room forum. I may not get a lot of replies, but I am okay with that.

Take care everyone!

Paul

#329734 - 07/29/11 01:32 PM Re: Forum I am still some what active with! [Re: analogcontrolfreak]
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Paul, we're glad to hear from you anytime. Turntables are neat. I have a budding collection of vinyl and just found an old Grundig tube radio I'm having looked at.

I also am restoring an old Philco home tube powered entertainment center (I bought this one in high-school-turntable, AM radio and jack for the reel-to-reel I bought at the same time (pre-cassettes or 8-tracks).

Thing is, you're as close to music as many who rely on MP-3's and other recording/playback devices. And the old stuff is COOL!

I just sold a couple of old synths to The Old Synth Guy
(a Mini-Korg and a PAIA Strings-n-Things)and kind of wished I had kept them.

OH, I recently bought a Whirlitzer Juke Box I'm going to restore.

Fun toys, for OLD OLD boys!

Don't be a stranger!

Russ

#329746 - 07/29/11 05:20 PM Re: Forum I am still some what active with! [Re: analogcontrolfreak]

Thank You Russ!

#329748 - 07/29/11 05:40 PM Re: Forum I am still some what active with! [Re: analogcontrolfreak]

Hey Russ, be sure to check out my YouTube Channel.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Edisonfans19?feature=mhee

#329800 - 07/30/11 01:59 PM Re: Forum I am still some what active with! [Re: analogcontrolfreak]
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Now, THAT's DIFFERENT! Reminds me of an old friend who was a vinyl freak. He had me drive him to Danville, Ky about every 90 days. A former State Attorney General lived there. He had a Blowbunk (sp?) stereo in a garden room with over 10,000 vinyl records. We'd drink scotch and listen to little snippets of records. for instance, they'd talk about jazz violinist Joe Venuti. "Dunny" would say, here is his first recording with (whomever). The other guy would drop the needle and I'd hear about 4 seconds of violin-then on to the next recording.

Dunny was 90 and passed away many years ago. Often though I'd like to go back to see what happened to the recordings, but I'm sure the owner is also gone.

Good memories!

Be well,

Russ

#329806 - 07/30/11 05:00 PM Re: Forum I am still some what active with! [Re: analogcontrolfreak]

Thank You Russ!

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online