SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11 >
Topic Options
#329455 - 07/25/11 03:26 PM Re: Good things, bad things ... [Re: captain Russ]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Originally Posted By: captain Russ
Scott-that looks like an African Grey. I have one named Sophie, and my oldest son taught it to say "hide the drugs" every time someone rings the doorbell. R.

Russ

Cute, how old is your Sophie, and how long have you had her? Perhaps you can post a pic of her here. smile

Alexander's 27 now and I've had him since I was in my early teens raising him from a baby. He's a Congo African Grey which have a lifespan of between 50-70 years. He has a sizable vocabulary, but thankfully never picked up any bad language. He especially enjoys dancing and whistling along, and 'in time' to the music when I play my Tyros 4 and sing. He remains a true 'lifelong' companion pet for sure.

Here the portable backpack I use to take Alexander around in for day trip traveling:

#329459 - 07/25/11 03:48 PM Re: Good things, bad things ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
124 Offline

I couldn't find one of those portable benches suitable enough, so I bought a drum throne (Gibraltar) very similar to Tony Mads'. I do this to stay at a similar visual level with my wife who sings out front and is standing and moving about.It's not the most comfortable seat in the world, but I couldn't hop around like Long John Silver on one leg all night.

#329463 - 07/25/11 05:14 PM Re: Good things, bad things ... [Re: Scottyee]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Scott-Sophie is 7. She says EVERYTHING! A massive vocabulary. Some things sound exactly like me...others like whomever she picked the phrase or word from. She's an African Grey with a lifespan of 70 years, I was told when i got her. She calls our Pyraneese, Gracie. Dog goes right to her.

I'll take a photo soon and send it to you. UD saw Sophie when he stayed with me several years ago.

R.

#329466 - 07/25/11 05:35 PM Re: Good things, bad things ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
JCkeeys Offline

Loc: St. James,New York,USA
UD ... Dare I say this but I truly believe you will "Love" the Pa3x with the PaAS speaker!! I know you will like the 'New" electric piano .. Vintage Wurly is terrific.

#329468 - 07/25/11 05:53 PM Re: Good things, bad things ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Hey Dave, hard to tell in the picture... is that a Fender?
Curious...how much guitar playing is part of your performance?

When I'm playing with my brother, we hook up both the keyboard and his guitar through his Fender guitar combo amp. Sounds pretty good after finding the right settings in both the amp, and keyboard EQ setting

Scott & Russ, talk about a commitment...your bird pals will outlast most marriages.

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#329469 - 07/25/11 06:42 PM Re: Good things, bad things ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Am I standing or sitting?

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#329474 - 07/25/11 07:39 PM Re: Good things, bad things ... [Re: lahawk]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By: lahawk
Hey Dave... is that a Fender?
Curious...how much guitar playing is part of your performance?

Larry, it's a Parker Midifly. Strat style pickups (s-s-h) with a 5 pos switch and a piezo under each string saddle - it sounds amazing as an acoustic, and electric or when midi'd to a third tone from the kb. I love the versatility!
I probably play guitar about 1/4 to 1/3 of the night - depending on the crowd. when I get into "storyteller" mode, it's more. When there are lots of ballroom dancers, much less, but I'm alwasy ready!

#329475 - 07/25/11 07:47 PM Re: Good things, bad things ... [Re: travlin'easy]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By: travlin'easy

Wow - I could never sit that low. When I do choose to kick back, I have a nice padded stool that allows me to "almost" stand, but it hurts my butt to be on the edge all night - I'm better with the shifting of weight between feet.

Scott, I'm on the sustain constantly, and mostly have an EP sound in my RH. I'd be very uncomfortable without a sustain. My priorities have always been as follows:

1. vocal
2. bass
3. drums
4. chords (piano-ish)

Maybe I am more forgiving of the Yamaha mono tone because:
a. I do modify it to punch up the freq that are lacking or weak, and
b. the piano is 4th on my list of important sounds. I could use any old chord sound and still maintain my signature sound as long as the vocals are strong, and the bass and drums are good. I played for so many years with a Rhodes and a Moog bass - I got used to being a small trio type ensemble. As the sounds got better, I started to use more of them, but I am still a Rhodes,bass,drums trio with a vocal harmony group in front. That's the way I like it, and thank God it still sells! smile

Edited by Uncle Dave (07/25/11 07:48 PM)
Edit Reason: spelling grrrrr

#329480 - 07/25/11 11:45 PM Re: Good things, bad things ... [Re: travlin'easy]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy

Cheers,

Gary cool

Gary,

Neither, your fast asleep. sleep

Nah you are sitting Gary, I can see the legs of the seat you can't fool an old fool Gary.

Anyway I am more interested in the speakers, how big was the room you were playing in, here in the UK we like lots of power, had I been playing I have two 400 SR and I can turn them down on the back. I also notice the walls a smooth boarding, had this been curtains your sound system would have died a 1000 deaths pointing back to the wall. Also the speakers have no mid range, how does that work. Appears to me that you are playing background music perhaps your just about keeping pace with the background talking of your audience. You need to blast them away Gary get some power up there, make then listen.

BTW is that sign with your name on it got a light inside it.

Thanks for the photo.

Cheers Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#329481 - 07/25/11 11:52 PM Re: Good things, bad things ... [Re: Scottyee]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: Scottyee
Originally Posted By: captain Russ
Scott-that looks like an African Grey. I have one named Sophie, and my oldest son taught it to say "hide the drugs" every time someone rings the doorbell. R.

Russ

Cute, how old is your Sophie, and how long have you had her? Perhaps you can post a pic of her here. smile

Alexander's 27 now and I've had him since I was in my early teens raising him from a baby. He's a Congo African Grey which have a lifespan of between 50-70 years. He has a sizable vocabulary, but thankfully never picked up any bad language. He especially enjoys dancing and whistling along, and 'in time' to the music when I play my Tyros 4 and sing. He remains a true 'lifelong' companion pet for sure.

Here the portable backpack I use to take Alexander around in for day trip traveling:

Scott,

Where is his airbag?
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

Page 4 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online