SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#329550 - 07/26/11 11:46 PM Good heavy duty double stand
Tony Hughes Offline

Hi All,

I have decided to keep the Audya and the T4, what is a good heavy duty stand you would used, bearing in mind the Audya screen is flat, the T4 tilts and the Audya is as heavy as the G70.

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#329551 - 07/27/11 12:48 AM Re: Good heavy duty double stand [Re: Tony Hughes]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Tony

Quiklok and Hercules make strong high quality stands. (Many manufactures stands are made by Quiklok and they just stick their own names on)

I suggest you have the Audya on the bottom (So you are looking down at the screen) and the T4 on top. (The T4 can be placed higher because you can angle the screen forward)

The Audya will also be ideal for your left hand chord input, as while not as flexible as the T4 its backing sounds (The live recorded audio loops) are more realistic then the T4 simulated style sounds, whereas the solo and ensemble sounds of the T4 blow the Audya out of the water.

Once you get comfortable with you set-up, look into Midi so as to allow one keyboard to control the other. (You may find that a trumpet and strings layered on the T4 sound great, but a T4 trumpet layered with the Audya strings may sound even better, with same applying to the styles)

In addition by combining them together, you can use the pre-sets to set up both instruments simultaneously, thus enabling you to fully concentrate on playing.

Hope this helps

Bill

#329552 - 07/27/11 01:08 AM Re: Good heavy duty double stand [Re: abacus]
Tony Hughes Offline

Thanks Bill for all the advice , it makes sense, you are right about the T4 voices.

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#329567 - 07/27/11 06:08 AM Re: Good heavy duty double stand [Re: Tony Hughes]
WDMcM
Unregistered

I use the Quik Lok M-92 stand. It is quite sturdy, has great leg room unlike the 'X' style stands and folds up fast.

Another stand that I really like is the Standtastic brand.

The Standtastic stand takes a minute or so to set up and fold up but there is no other stand that is as versatile in height and width adjustments. The tiers have three positions of tilt and telescope out to fit any depth of keyboard.

#329926 - 08/02/11 10:08 PM Re: Good heavy duty double stand [Re: Tony Hughes]
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
I also use the M-92.....I have 2, one for spare and also have a "V" Roland Stand, (is heavy and takes time to setup), looks beautiful and can handle heavy keyboards, but when you play out several times at week, setup, undo it, carry, and do it all over again and again, I assign it for the use at the studio at home. keys

I find the Monolith Much more practical, takes a second to setup, and you can adjust the high, of both keyboards and also the angle of the top board, not the bottom keyboard. And is case you want to add Midi pedals and or volume and sustain pedals, you have plenty of room.

#329933 - 08/03/11 04:41 AM Re: Good heavy duty double stand [Re: Tony Hughes]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I have the Monolith also, and it is great for heavier keyboards with the 2nd tier attached.

Bernie

#329970 - 08/03/11 08:32 PM Re: Good heavy duty double stand [Re: Tony Hughes]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
I use a Proline stand with the double bracing which makes it very solid on stage. It can also have a 2nd tier for a 2nd keyboard. I got tired of my old single braced stand wobbling around.

http://www.prolinestands.com/

#329990 - 08/04/11 06:49 AM Re: Good heavy duty double stand [Re: Nigel]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I've been using the Quick LOCK 642 for more than a decade. It's built like a tank!

Here's the specs.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#329992 - 08/04/11 07:06 AM Re: Good heavy duty double stand [Re: travlin'easy]
Mr. G Offline

Loc: Monroe, Mi. USA
I'm with travlin'easy on the quick-loc 642. Fast set-up, very heavy duty and solid. I put my Oasys on the bottom and Audya five on top and I it don't get much better than that. I love the 642 and I think you will too.
Mr. G ,OASYS , KRONOS ,Jupiter 80 , AUDYA 5, Midas Venice ,Danley Labs sm-60f's ,Danley TH mini subs, QSC KW 122's,118 sub , Senhieser and Heil , Audix VX-10 , TC_Helicon ,ZOOM 9200, Lexicon ,Alesis ,AKG solid tube ,AB international Power Sub3600

#329998 - 08/04/11 07:53 AM Re: Good heavy duty double stand [Re: ]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: WDMcM

I use the Quik Lok M-92 stand. It is quite sturdy, has great leg room unlike the 'X' style stands and folds up fast.

For multiple keyboards, the Quik Lok M-92 is probably the best of the lot, especially if you plan on using bass pedals.

I use a double brace X-stand (Quik Lok) for my Tyros4...it is rock solid, and very easy to set up/break down.

Ian

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online