SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#329285 - 07/21/11 01:33 PM Food for thought
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
BEST THING I HAVE HEARD YET.....From a senior citizen around 80 yrs. of age. We aren't useless yet.
The Fix

There recently was an article in the St. Petersburg , Fl. Times. The Business Section asked readers for ideas on: "How Would You Fix the Economy?" I think this guy nailed it!

Dear Mr. President,

Please find below my suggestion for fixing America 's economy. Instead of giving billions of dollars to companies that will squander the money on lavish parties and unearned bonuses, use the following plan.
You can call it the "Patriotic Retirement Plan":

There are about 40 million people over 50 in the work force. Pay them $1 million apiece severance for early retirement with the following stipulations:

1) They MUST retire. Forty million job openings - Unemployment fixed.

2) They MUST buy a new AMERICA N Car. Forty million cars ordered - Auto Industry fixed.

3) They MUST either buy a house or pay off their mortgage - Housing Crisis fixed.

It can't get any easier than that!!

P.S. If more money is needed, have all members in Congress pay their taxes..

Mr. President, while you're at it, make Congress retire on Social Security and Medicare. I'll bet both programs would be fixed pronto!

If you think this would work, please forward to everyone

you know.

If not, please disregard.

#329330 - 07/22/11 10:39 AM Re: Food for thought [Re: Fran Carango]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Points out some real issues. Not practical from a history and legal aspect, but dead on and points out the silly/sad elements of how we got to where we are.

Thanks, Fran.

R.

#329336 - 07/22/11 02:09 PM Re: Food for thought [Re: Fran Carango]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Maybe before you "foward this to everyone you know", you may want to check your calculator. If the gov't had 40 trillion to give away, we wouldn't have a problem in the first place.

chas

#329358 - 07/23/11 01:38 PM Re: Food for thought [Re: Fran Carango]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.

Most American that COULD retire early, CAN'T.

Why?

They work because they HAVE to, because they NEED Health Insurance.

You can start collecting your Social Security income at age 62, but you can't start your Medicare Insurance plan until 65 (higher if the GOP has there way) Most people choose the "Work For Benefits" way, especially if you have a spouse with a 'per-existing' condition.

We need to fix the health care system in our country. More people would retire earlier, and thus open up jobs for the younger workforce.

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online