SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#328900 - 07/16/11 04:55 AM Re: The good news Show [Re: Joe0710]
Tonewheeldude Offline

Originally Posted By: Joe0710
I also agree to Pastoccio,
but nevertheless, the support must improve in the future. When I sent a mail to the hotline it never will get answered. This is what I miss from Ketron.

Joe

not sure if its the same in Germany, but if anyone from the UK emails Ketron Italy it is automatically forwarded to Ketron UK who will respond. If an email doesn't get a response then the distributor is at fault. Unfortunately Ketron have to use third party companies to sell their products to different companies and that is often where the problem is.

Actually your always best to keep pestering your retailer (thats why you paid them money after all), they generally don't like it and will soon get on to the supplier.

#328925 - 07/16/11 04:54 PM Re: The good news Show [Re: Ketron User]
Robbo Offline

Loc: Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
Well I can only re itterate, I'm in Aussie Land, still no pen drive, I know it's comming, but when?. If it's put online, everybody gets it same time, and the argument that you can't protect it is flawed. The example in this thread is a huge example of this.

There are many ways to protect, and the pen drive is no assurity of protection. As I stated before come on Ketron get with the future, happy to pay for downloads, and would have been happy to pay the price requested for the pen drive as a download through Pay Pal

#328934 - 07/17/11 12:52 AM Re: The good news Show [Re: Tonewheeldude]
Joe0710 Offline

Loc: South Germany
Originally Posted By: Tonewheeldude
Originally Posted By: Joe0710
I also agree to Pastoccio,
but nevertheless, the support must improve in the future. When I sent a mail to the hotline it never will get answered. This is what I miss from Ketron.

Joe

not sure if its the same in Germany, but if anyone from the UK emails Ketron Italy it is automatically forwarded to Ketron UK who will respond. If an email doesn't get a response then the distributor is at fault. Unfortunately Ketron have to use third party companies to sell their products to different companies and that is often where the problem is.

Actually your always best to keep pestering your retailer (thats why you paid them money after all), they generally don't like it and will soon get on to the supplier.

Hi Tonewheeldude,

it is similar in Germany, and yes it seems, that it is the distributor who do not answere. But here we have the problem, that it is not Ketron owned and that this distributor does not get any money from Ketron. (that is what has been told me). What I would expect is, that Ketron at least give a feedback via email and give a kind of reference number which I can use with the local distributor. I think something like this would be very helpful.

Joe

#328954 - 07/17/11 05:06 AM Re: The good news Show [Re: Ketron User]
Tonewheeldude Offline

It is true, distributors will not recieve money from Ketron Italy for support, it is the same in the UK. And that is the way it should be, both the local retailer and distributor should make enough profit to be able to offer a good service to the customer. If they do not provide a good service they have no business distributing other peoples products.

But there is a fly in the ointment because both distributors and retailers are being forced to give their profit away due to online discount merchants. Its not so much that they take away a sale from a local outlet, but they do devalue the product to such an extent that profit margins become almost non existent and companies are only turning over cash to keep the banks happy.

If you want a good level of support you MUST support your local retailers.

#328978 - 07/17/11 09:02 AM Re: The good news Show [Re: Tonewheeldude]
Tony Hughes Offline

TWD,

The problem is some people don’t have the money to go that extra mile to pay the extra and web purchasing is on the up, perhaps Ketron and others should stop selling to box shifters, but they won’t, it’s another outlet and you don’t just know how many they are selling this way. The box shifters will work on a lower margin they are not likely to see the product once they have sold it. If an Audya came back faulty they would send it back to Italy, they wouldn’t open it up like you and me. I think it’s just something you have to put up with, the manufacturer has the upper hand, I think!
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online