#328828 - 07/15/11 03:03 AM The good news Show
Ketron User Offline

#328839 - 07/15/11 08:12 AM Re: The good news Show [Re: Ketron User]
pastroccio Offline

Loc: Italia
look description, is the old pen drive plus 4.2b

#328859 - 07/15/11 02:06 PM Re: The good news Show [Re: Ketron User]
Ketron User Offline

Not at all. I have ordered and recieve the image in no time.

All the new styles, sounds, etc... are there, and the update went easy without any problems.
Update takes 2.30 hours.

regards,

Tommy

#328861 - 07/15/11 02:14 PM Re: The good news Show [Re: Ketron User]
Joe0710 Offline

Loc: South Germany
Just wondering if this is legal. generating an image from an original PEN drive and sell it via Ebay. Would be interested what Ketron is thinking about this.

Joe

#328865 - 07/15/11 02:53 PM Re: The good news Show [Re: Ketron User]
Tonewheeldude Offline

It is illegal and both seller and buyer of the item are breaking the law. The seller has been sent an official warning and ebay has been informed.

Congratulations Tomy, you have just invalidated your warranty due to Ketrons unique copy protection system for the USB drives.

Edited by Tonewheeldude (07/15/11 02:53 PM)

#328873 - 07/15/11 04:34 PM Re: The good news Show [Re: Tonewheeldude]
Robbo Offline

Loc: Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
Geeze Tonewheel Dude, that seems a bit harsh on the warranty. I mean he probably thought that it was quite a legal process if it was there on E-Bay, and Ketron should have enabled on line selling anyway. I mean these are modern times. Tomy should have checked I know with Ketron first, but as I said seems a bit harsh.
The argument of no on line because of piracy has been totally destroyed by what has happened above, and many thousands of distributors sell on line patches and sounds on line without any probs at all. So come on Ketron get with the program

#328891 - 07/16/11 02:16 AM Re: The good news Show [Re: Ketron User]
Tonewheeldude Offline

I was a bit ott. However I would suggest Tommy check with his distributor about his warranty status and order a genuine USB pen to overwrite the damage caused by using the cloned pen drive. As for not knowing it was illegal...everyone knows downloading copied stuff is illegal, they just do it anyway.

As you know Ketron already make the small OS and patch files available freely online, but when it comes to style and sound updates I do not believe it to be unreasonable for then to ask a relatively small ammount of money in return.

But the main reason for not making this availabe as a download is because of the risk to the keyboard (elements of the software write directly to hardware, not just to the hard disk). The larger the downloaded file, the more increase there is of something going wrong. Even one byte of corrupt data could cause huge problems for the Audya. I talked with Ketron Italy at length about this and they are 100% correct:

the USB pen supplied by them is the by far safest way to deploy large upgrades such as this.

#328893 - 07/16/11 02:36 AM Re: The good news Show [Re: Tonewheeldude]
pastroccio Offline

Loc: Italia
is like update a firmware. different is that is more big.
I think they don't sell online only for illegal copy. today we have an example. if is got update ok I don't think his audya has warranty problem or other. because audya look the pen at startup and serial. and if finish good then is like original. the way for sell online and don't risk is more than one. for example thay can do you must copy all content of usb into harddrive then more fast and secure install before start. the answere is only one: like today the illegal copy. I can understand all people has 1 or more illegal copy of software. but please:
I'm Italian and I know ketron, is not yamaha or korg or microsoft. the example of today is a way to kill them.
I'm difficult too for spend 50 € but for that I'm happy to do because this support ketron to go and don't stop
we want kill like gem ? hope no

if ketron sell many pendrive like keyboard they have the good think to continue in future. if they sell less or half because nobody update or many use illegal copy then of course stop working on it.
I think all people have audya don' want that appen

please buy original pen drive thanks

#328894 - 07/16/11 02:46 AM Re: The good news Show [Re: Ketron User]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Pastroccio

I agree 100%

Bernie

#328897 - 07/16/11 03:30 AM Re: The good news Show [Re: Ketron User]
Joe0710 Offline

Loc: South Germany
I also agree to Pastoccio,
but nevertheless, the support must improve in the future. When I sent a mail to the hotline it never will get answered. This is what I miss from Ketron.

Joe

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online