SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 17 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 16 17 >
Topic Options
#328622 - 07/12/11 04:03 PM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: leeboy]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
OK, we don't know all the details of how it works...Craig has developed it, nevertheless.
My God his voice sounds super....so go to the youtube video, signup and vote to have it...whether you have a T4 or not. That is what he is looking for..SUPPORT for this so Yamaha WILL approve it for T4 and ??

I don't know the details...all he told me last night was he developed the software to do this, IT IS NOT ON THE T4 today.
If you want it...go support him.

Meanwhile, I will conytact him and see IF he will tell me how it works.
IF this becomes available I will buy a T4, 100% for sure. I would have a ball with this.

#328623 - 07/12/11 04:06 PM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: leeboy]
leeboy Offline

montunoman,
I am not sure...but if I remmeber what he told me it IS HIS voice, through the VH2, This is not a vocoder, but his main lead is removed and the harmony is what you hear. I also thing he said you only get 2 harmony's with the feature instead of 3.

#328624 - 07/12/11 04:08 PM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: leeboy]
leeboy Offline

Chas,
I want to hear a demo of what you said...you sing WAY off pitch and I want to hear the machine put your voice right on the money...just like the demo Craig did.

#328625 - 07/12/11 04:12 PM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: leeboy]
leeboy Offline

Ian,
right on...and remmeber Craig is one smart cookie..I have known him (not well, but a few conversations and I bought his software for my Yamaha HS8-T organ) for almost 25 years.

He admits...he did this to sell more instruments...nothing wrong with that.

It is NOT approved to be added to T4 or anything yet..HE NEEDS our support and enthusiasm...or it may die on the vine.

#328626 - 07/12/11 04:17 PM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: leeboy]
leeboy Offline

Kla4, Actually I'm not sure how it works...and how hard or easy it is to use...but, he did show it working, and he would not do all this if the average player could not use it...
Maybe more for Karaoke, but I see it being a great fun tool.

#328627 - 07/12/11 04:21 PM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: leeboy]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Originally Posted By: leeboy
Chas,
I want to hear a demo of what you said...you sing WAY off pitch and I want to hear the machine put your voice right on the money...just like the demo Craig did.

I'll second that request! And, post it on YouTube if you don't mind.

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#328628 - 07/12/11 04:23 PM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: leeboy]
leeboy Offline

I just e-mailed Craig asking if he would share with us more of how it works and all the ways we can use it (MIDI, Styles etc).
I did not ask him about programming...more as a average T4 user, what do we do to use it.
We will see if he is willing to tell us at this time.

#328629 - 07/12/11 04:24 PM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: leeboy]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Ian,
right on...and remmeber Craig is one smart cookie..I have known him (not well, but a few conversations and I bought his software for my Yamaha HS8-T organ) for almost 25 years.

He admits...he did this to sell more instruments...nothing wrong with that.

It is NOT approved to be added to T4 or anything yet..HE NEEDS our support and enthusiasm...or it may die on the vine.

Craig is one clever lad, Lee...and it also goes to show that the Tyros4's VH-2 is not just a simple upgrade from the older harmonizer...I'm told it is all new.

He has my support...I've already posted on YouTube.

Ian

#328631 - 07/12/11 04:45 PM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: leeboy]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Kla4,
Watch again, it it his RIGHT hand that is setting the note value....You could play a style or a MIDI with it...would not matter.

I think he is using either the Tyros4's P.A.T. (Performance Assistant Technology) or "Karao-Key" (another song playback feature on T4) to set the melody notes for his voice, but, I am just guessing.

It will be very interesting to learn exactly how it is being done.

Ian

#328632 - 07/12/11 05:00 PM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: leeboy]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.

Rikki, Good question on how loud one has to be to over ride your natural voice. In the video I could not hear his natural voice until he lowered the slider, and he did not sound like he was singing overly loud.. I would imagine it would take a little experimenting to figure out how to adjust the settings to achieve the best effect.

I know there are those who object to this enhancement, and at one time I was one of them, but I have changed. Do you really think that those million plus selling albums were all made without some type of pitch correction? Producers aim for perfect pitch, even if it means "cheating" a little. It's what the entertainment buisness is. Most movies would not be as good without enhancements, as most song recordings would not be good without enhancements.

It appears to be a fun product and for many they'll have agood time with it.

That's Entertainment!

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

Page 6 of 17 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 16 17 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online