SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 16 17 >
Topic Options
#328548 - 07/12/11 04:36 AM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: Scott Langholff]
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Maybe I can sing after all. Wonder how much this little addition will cost? I used to work with Craig in the '80's. Great guy and fantastic musician.

#328549 - 07/12/11 05:54 AM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: Scott Langholff]
Tony Hughes Offline

Lets all wait and see, it might just be for fun, but hell that guy can sing less in tune than me, so I am going to sound like Sinatra, well maybe not.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#328551 - 07/12/11 06:23 AM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: leeboy]
kla4 Offline

Loc: NL
It sure sounds great but I would not call it 'pitch correction'. His voice is way too far off pitch.
In my view the following takes place :
There is a midifile playing, midi melodyline is used for setting the right pitch, independent from what note he is actually singing.
With his left hand fingers the next melody note is started. (single step trigger)

I expect this feature will be only available for midifile 'players' ;-)

#328552 - 07/12/11 06:31 AM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: kla4]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: kla4
It sure sounds great but I would not call it 'pitch correction'. His voice is way too far off pitch.
In my view the following takes place :
There is a midifile playing, midi melodyline is used for setting the right pitch, independent from what note he is actually singing.
With his left hand fingers the next melody note is started. (single step trigger)

I expect this feature will be only available for midifile 'players' ;-)

KLA,

You have really put a dampener on it now, I was looking forward to singing like Pavarotti
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#328554 - 07/12/11 06:55 AM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: leeboy]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
At one time I owned a vocal harmonizer that had pitch correction--it was a feature I didn't need, but out of curiousity I tried it out. It followed the chords perfectly. This was a decade or more ago, and the device would only correct up to certain amount, but it did an excellent job within its range.

I don't think this is a hoax, it's just improved technology.

Thanks for the link--it's another WOW factor for arranger keyboard technology.

P.S.: I already sound like Roger Whitiker, at least that's what the ladies tell me. wink

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#328558 - 07/12/11 07:06 AM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: travlin'easy]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
At one time I owned a vocal harmonizer that had pitch correction--it was a feature I didn't need, but out of curiousity I tried it out. It followed the chords perfectly. This was a decade or more ago, and the device would only correct up to certain amount, but it did an excellent job within its range.

I don't think this is a hoax, it's just improved technology.

Thanks for the link--it's another WOW factor for arranger keyboard technology.

P.S.: I already sound like Roger Whitiker, at least that's what the ladies tell me. wink

Gary cool

Gary,

Pity you can't spell Roger Whittaker right but why should you its Englosh and who am I to tell you
I miss letters and words out all the time, Gary in UK your name is Gazoh, and you are right technology with the T4 is breaking the rules.

Tell you what Gazoh, SZ feels nice now, some good things popping up all the time now, free and easy on SZ

Tony

#328559 - 07/12/11 07:14 AM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: leeboy]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Joe,
In the music business...who said everyone here is in the music business???
And who says ALL arranger players or any keyboard for that matter can sing or even wants to??

There are LOTS of folks that wouls sing some, if they could....this is a breakthrough technology. BY YAMAHA ONLY.
Also, This is a hobby for me and others....

#328560 - 07/12/11 07:21 AM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: leeboy]
leeboy Offline

Gang, some of you...go back and read my post again and then watch it again.
Craig is a Yamaha heavy hitter like Martin harris, he programs and develops software & styles, sounds etc.

And IMHO, why could not anyone use this for any purpose they want??
I heard him sing a little last night and he is not a great singer....but with this, anyone can sing right on pitch every note.

Rikki, YES you could do this. The tone of his voice, and other nuances come from him, BUT the pich comes from the note he is playing on the keyboard.

This is only a prototype, it is on the T4 right now (as the demo shows) but the VH2 HW allows him to do this programming and he told me it is very capable HW ,,,,,just needs mor programming to use it's full potential.

A way we can help get this is go to the youtube demo and sign in and comment. He will then take this to Yamaha for a commitment to add this feature.

#328561 - 07/12/11 07:25 AM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: leeboy]
leeboy Offline

No TC Helicon can not do this...I asked them at the Sweetwater gearfest and via their support group.
This is something I asked for for years....a way for us that can not sing well to be able to have pitch correction.

ALSO, watch the demo again...one very big feature is this is not hard tune...the slider he uses determines the AMOUNT of correction.

#328562 - 07/12/11 07:42 AM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: leeboy]
Tony Hughes Offline

Leeboy,

I am as happy as you about this, I think this will end up selling lots more T4 and what's is wrong with that, thanks for posting it.

Page 2 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 16 17 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online