SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#328499 - 07/11/11 10:20 AM Alex Gtreen passed away...
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Longtime Synthzone member and central New Jersey resident Alex Green passed away on June 24 from complications of a massive stroke. While he infrequently posted here, he was extremely popular on the PSR-Tutorial site, where he posted numerous songs.

You can read more about Alex, and download many of his posted songs HERE.

Though I only talked with Alex a few times on the phone, he was a wonderful, caring individual and really enjoyed life. He will be missed by those of us that knew him.

Gary cool

Edited by travlin'easy (07/11/11 10:21 AM)

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#328504 - 07/11/11 12:10 PM Re: Alex Gtreen passed away... [Re: travlin'easy]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
May he Rest In Peace ... our prayers and condolences go out to his family ...

#328506 - 07/11/11 01:30 PM Re: Alex Gtreen passed away... [Re: tony mads usa]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Donny and I were waiting to head down to Alex's house to see his new keyboards..While emailing Alex..his wife emailed back that Alex had passed on..

#328508 - 07/11/11 01:37 PM Re: Alex Gtreen passed away... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
This was just posted at the PSR Tutorial site by Joe Waters:

just learned of this devastating news a few minutes ago. Alex was a dear friend and although he was not so much into posting in the forum, we did correspond frequently. Alex encouraged me with this site from the very beginning. In fact, he was the most influential person in getting me to set up the PSR Performers part of the site and Alex was, in fact, the very first PSR Performer back in May of 2002 when he sent in his first volume of songs, recorded on the PSR-2000. He sent in 9 volumes (90 songs) on his PSR-2000. In July of 2004, he moved up to the PSR-3000 and proceeded to record another 180 songs. In January of 2006, Alex moved up to the Tyros2 and produced 230 songs. In mid 2007, Alex, who loved the sound of the organ, fell in love with the new Technics and moved to the latest model of that keyboard -- he had owned a Technics model before moving to the PSR-2000. However, toward the end of 2009, Alex came back to Yamaha with his new PSR-S910 and he gave us another 160 songs. This year, Alex purchased the Tyros4, which he loved. His last volume, No. 67, was recorded on the Tyros4. Alex gave us 671 midi files, over 23 hours of music, which Yamaha owners will be able to enjoy for years to come.

With the S910, Alex switched to recording MP3s so folks who didn't have the newest keyboard would be able to hear what it really sounded like. He sent in 50 MP3s before moving to the new Tyros4 from which he recorded another 59 songs.

On June 23, Alex sent in his 67th volume of midi songs, the one volume recorded on the Tyros4. It was his last volume. He died of a stroke later that day.

Alex loved making music and sharing it. He met several new friends through the email notes he received from folks who enjoyed his songs. I was delighted when Alex returned to Yamaha and I always looked forward to hearing from him. I shall miss him dearly.

Joe Waters
A very happy new Tyros4 owner!
http://www.psrtutorial.com
[i][/i]

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#328516 - 07/11/11 03:59 PM Re: Alex Gtreen passed away... [Re: travlin'easy]
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
thanks Gary for this update.
Alex and I have been good friends and on our list sharing music together for about 15 years now.
It was only 3 days ago I realized I hadn't heard from Alex laterly and wrote him an email. I didn't get a reply and now I know why.
I shall miss Alex a lot. I have every cd he ever made here in the studio. I think Alex was two years older then me and we had a tremendous lot in common including also both being trumpet players in big bands and also in our own, and we both had all the same keyboards over time. He will be greatly missed. Condolences to his family,
Bebop

#328531 - 07/11/11 08:23 PM Re: Alex Gtreen passed away... [Re: BEBOP]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Alex was also my good friend who not only sent CD's to share with my father, he also sent hand written letters to him. My Dad just loved Alex's Technics KN-7000 recordings, and was a big fan of his style of playing.

Three years ago my father passed away, and Alex sent a symphony card to our family. That gesture, along with our email exchanges helped me get through a tough period. We never had the pleasure of meeting in person, and for that I'm sad, but never-the-less, he was a great friend to us both.

Rest In Peace Alex...and play another song for Pop

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#328550 - 07/12/11 06:23 AM Re: Alex Gtreen passed away... [Re: travlin'easy]
hbinfo2001 Offline

Loc: Quebec Canada
All my condoleance to Mrs Green.
Sorry to ear that he pass away What a gentle musician He was my teacher from a long time ,when he had all the Technics series
All the songs he done for us members (cees web site)
He love fishing
Thanks Alex for all you done for us
Alex rest in peace with God
We will mist you
Howard

#328633 - 07/12/11 05:12 PM Re: Alex Gtreen passed away... [Re: travlin'easy]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
I'm in shock over Alex's death, may he rest in peace. My deepest sympathy goes out to his family. Life has been busy and haven't got to the forum(s) very often the last few months.

I met Alex at the PSR forum, we corresponded regularly and exchanged what was going on in our personal lives as much as we both discussed our new Tyros4 keyboards. My personal and business life has been hectic.

Last e-mail I got from Alex was a response when I told him of the death of my wife's 54 year old brother who died suddenly June 22, here's what my dear friend Alex wrote on the morning of June 23, Alex had that fatal stroke later in the day
:
Hi Steve;

OMG ! ! ! What a terrible thing to happen at any time but now at this time makes it so hard to take. You both must be wiped out with the news. I am at a lost for words. He was so young at 54 years old.
I pray Debbies Mother and Father get though this ok.

My prayers are with all of you.

Alex

Edited by Stephenm52 (07/12/11 05:14 PM)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online