SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#328202 - 07/06/11 08:52 AM Re: Someone Talk Me Into a Korg PA3x.... [Re: leeboy]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Nigel

Nothing is black and white here. Personally I wouldn't buy a keyboard based solely on recommendations. Nothing beats getting out there and trying them side by side and making up your own mind.

I don't expect any keyboard to fit me perfectly. But knowing that allows me to carefully weigh the choices I do have against each other.

Well said Nigel, I wouldn't buy any musical instrument solely on recommendations, let alone an expensive arranger keyboard. We all know what we want to hear coming out of our speakers, and it's different for each of us. I can't expect my taste in instrument sounds to be the same as someone else.

At this price level, one would be very wise to spend some quality time on the instruments in question, knowing full well, that although there is no "perfect arranger", there is one that should meet a person's needs better than the rest.

Originally Posted By: leeboy

Yes...I agree one has to try it himself...and I have tried the T4, not the PA3.
So...I do wander why MANY, MANY performances of all the stuff 'I like' are done on Yamaha...and hardly any on Korg???
Seems all I can find is mostly Mid-Eastern or fast dance music on Korgs...why do suppose so many have chosen the Yamaha T2-T4 (and S-900 etc.)instead of the Korgs? Why are people not doing the same kind of musical performances on their Korgs as Yamaha owners??

Lee, you owe it to yourself to play the Korg PA3X for at least a reasonable amount of time before you make any decisions. It may have just the sound you are looking for, and since it is cheaper than the Tyros4, you could save a few bucks in the process.

I suspect the reason people are playing the "stuff you like" on Yamaha arrangers, is that they are generally considered more adaptable to orchestral type music than the other brands, and it sounds awesome right out of the box, hence the plethora of Tyros4 performances on YouTube.

You'll be spending a good chunk of change on these instruments, so try them both to your own satisfaction.

Ian

#328230 - 07/06/11 05:35 PM Re: Someone Talk Me Into a Korg PA3x.... [Re: FransN]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Thank You frans

Originally Posted By: FransN
Hi Rikki,

Yes I have one and he sounds amazing and yes it has XG mapped drum kits smile

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#328236 - 07/06/11 09:56 PM Re: Someone Talk Me Into a Korg PA3x.... [Re: FransN]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Hi all,

Just my view on this all. The newer styles coming out lately even makes my old PSR3K sound like a completely different arranger. I have learned to play with my favourite style's effect settings and the results are just amazing. It is hard to believe what a little more chorus & reverb will do if applied to certain parts of the style - even to the bass & drums (yes I know some will laugh).

So yes, what I really miss on my 3K is the ability to change these settings on my favourite instruments and then to map to all my styles in one go.

Henni

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online