SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#328035 - 07/04/11 03:56 AM Re: Someone Talk Me Into a Korg PA3x.... [Re: Dnj]
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
Umm it does lambada very well

#328036 - 07/04/11 03:59 AM Re: Someone Talk Me Into a Korg PA3x.... [Re: Nigel]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
The Kronos has 9 sound engines so it sound totally different then a PA3X or whatever Korg arranger. Best combination there is in my opinion is a Korg arranger with a Kronos or a Roland BK 7m module with a Kronos.

#328037 - 07/04/11 04:35 AM Re: Someone Talk Me Into a Korg PA3x.... [Re: FransN]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: FransN
The Kronos has 9 sound engines so it sound totally different then a PA3X or whatever Korg arranger. Best combination there is in my opinion is a Korg arranger with a Kronos or a Roland BK 7m module with a Kronos.

I don't agree. The best of both worlds is the Tyros4/S910 and the Kronos. Forget Roland and Korg arrangers.
Ian

#328043 - 07/04/11 06:11 AM Re: Someone Talk Me Into a Korg PA3x.... [Re: Dnj]
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Donny,

We've been down this road before. You will get it and then dump it within the first month. Don't waste your money old friend, you are only happy playing Yamahas. Happy Fourth!

Tom

Tom

#328046 - 07/04/11 06:46 AM Re: Someone Talk Me Into a Korg PA3x.... [Re: ianmcnll]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
Originally Posted By: FransN

I don't agree. The best of both worlds is the Tyros4/S910 and the Kronos. Forget Roland and Korg arrangers.
Ian

I don't agree, etc etc etc crazy

#328047 - 07/04/11 06:50 AM Re: Someone Talk Me Into a Korg PA3x.... [Re: ianmcnll]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Originally Posted By: abacus
Forget adding the PA3x as you already have a good arranger, just buy the similarly priced Korg Kronos and have the best of both worlds.

Bill

(having two Korg would be redundant), you'd save a few bucks in the process.

variety is the spice of life!

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#328050 - 07/04/11 07:51 AM Re: Someone Talk Me Into a Korg PA3x.... [Re: montunoman]
ianmcnll Offline

Originally Posted By: montunoman
Forget adding the PA3x as you already have a good arranger, just buy the similarly priced Korg Kronos and have the best of both worlds.

Bill

(having two Korg would be redundant), you'd save a few bucks in the process.

variety is the spice of life!

It certainly is Paul, and an S910 (or a Tyros4) and a Kronos would be a terrific combination.

But, so far, I have not been wanting anything else with the Tyros4...I am happy as is.

Ian

#328075 - 07/04/11 02:55 PM Re: Someone Talk Me Into a Korg PA3x.... [Re: Dnj]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Ian

I can load pretty much any VSTi I want into my Abacus (And always do) so the Korg offers nothing new for me, but for a hardware board it really pushes the boat out.

Bill

#328077 - 07/04/11 03:50 PM Re: Someone Talk Me Into a Korg PA3x.... [Re: abacus]
ianmcnll Offline

Hi Ian

I can load pretty much any VSTi I want into my Abacus (And always do) so the Korg offers nothing new for me, but for a hardware board it really pushes the boat out.

Bill

That's pretty handy Bill. So far the Tyros4 pushes all the right buttons for me, and it's incredible SA/SA2/Mega voices are all I need. Mine is totally stock, but I have already begun to customize it for me, mostly in the style area.

I tend to mainly use acoustic type instrument emulations, and the base Tyros4 is superb in replicating them. The synth-type voices I do use, are also well represented, many of them remarkably close to those in Yamaha's Motif.

I honestly feel it will be my last, personally owned, arranger, although I'm sure I'll get lots of play time on the next generation Yamaha arrangers.

The Tyros4 is the right tool for the job for me, much like the Abacus is for you...how long have you had it?

Ian

PS...I may add the memory upgrade board at a later date, but so far, with being able to edit the on-board voices to my liking, I don't think I'll be needing it

#328092 - 07/05/11 01:16 AM Re: Someone Talk Me Into a Korg PA3x.... [Re: Dnj]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Ian

I have had the Abacus for about 5 or 6 years, (Possibly longer) it was a used instrument running OAS 4, however I upgraded it 2 or 3 years ago to OAS 7. (I have not bothered with the OAA as I am not a massive style user)

Before I had the Abacus I was using a computer system, (Controller, VSTi, Sequencer etc.) however while this was really cracking (Way beyond anything a hardware board could achieve) you couldn’t really have it in the lounge (Fortunately I am a home player so don’t have to keep dismantling all the time) which is a bit isolating. The Abacus allows me to use all my computer VSTi etc. inside the instrument so no wires or external equipment required, (Plus minimal setup) so it’s now perfectly happy in the lounge. (The capability to load VSTi and Akai samples was the main reason I chose the Abacus and everything else on it was just a bonus)

After using VSTi for so long (Well over 10 years or more) to go back to a fixed (Take what the manufacture gives you) hardware board is (For Me) a No No, hence the Abacus is ideal.

Bill

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online