SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#328028 - 07/03/11 10:55 PM Audya - missing some Chords in 4.2B
Luka Offline

Loc: Slovenia
I would appreciate a lot if anybody of you Audya owners with 4.2B installed could verify the following issue: lots of styles miss CHORD section of a style. Then if I go back to 4.1B CHORDS are back but there's one guitar sound (forgot the name, it's in the second window, 4th sound I suppose, kind of steel flavor) that turns the whole Audya to mute if picked. Picking another sound turns the volume up again.
I hope it will be better when I load new styles and sounds from the new memory stick.
Thanks,
Regards,
Luka

#328029 - 07/03/11 11:54 PM Re: Audya - missing some Chords in 4.2B [Re: Luka]
Sokratis 1974 Offline

Loc: Hellas, Creta, Iraklion
Luka.....I am working every day with 4.2B OS of Audya, but don't have same problem....
However I will investigate about this....
In who styles you have this problem??.....

#328033 - 07/04/11 02:35 AM Re: Audya - missing some Chords in 4.2B [Re: Luka]
Luka Offline

Hi Sokratis!
Thanks for helping me!
I can't reach my Audya right now but I remember clearly some Rock styles missing guitars.
I don't remember if this started from the very beginning of 4.2b installation or it happened later (because drums, bass and lowers work always). 4.1b works OK with those same rock styles (except for that mutting problem with one guitar sound, and strangely that same guitar sound plays good in 4.2b).
Perhaps 4.2b is best adopted to the coming new sounds and styles.
Best regards,
Luka

#328038 - 07/04/11 04:42 AM Re: Audya - missing some Chords in 4.2B [Re: Luka]
Sokratis 1974 Offline

Loc: Hellas, Creta, Iraklion
Originally Posted By: Luka
Hi Sokratis!
Thanks for helping me!
I can't reach my Audya right now but I remember clearly some Rock styles missing guitars.
I don't remember if this started from the very beginning of 4.2b installation or it happened later (because drums, bass and lowers work always). 4.1b works OK with those same rock styles (except for that mutting problem with one guitar sound, and strangely that same guitar sound plays good in 4.2b).
Perhaps 4.2b is best adopted to the coming new sounds and styles.
Best regards,
Luka

Ok Luka.....
However please If you have a good time, please give me a report about styles that you have this problem....Ok??..

Edited by Sokratis 1974 (07/04/11 04:43 AM)

#328058 - 07/04/11 10:18 AM Re: Audya - missing some Chords in 4.2B [Re: Luka]
Snoopy Offline

Loc: Northern Germany
Hi Luka,

I donīt have a problem like yourīs as well, all rock-styles sound "normal" to me.

A few months ago I had a problem with the "^Apache" style, it sounded "garbled", but that was a problem with the corresponding audio-file. After I got a new one the problem was solved.

VERY OFTEN such (file-)problems are caused by the fact that people donīt use the "remove hardware / eject media" function from Windows.

EVEN if youīre using Win7 you MUST use it !

With "normal" devices ( such as USB-sticks ) simple unplugging works without any problems under Win-Vista and Win7, but not with the Audya !

#328070 - 07/04/11 01:31 PM Re: Audya - missing some Chords in 4.2B [Re: Luka]
Luka Offline

Snoopy, thanks for your comments!
I've had a disk problem with my new Audya that's why I am very careful with every disk task.
Seems something is corrupted again and I have to find a way to resolve it. I am deciding between loading the old pen drive or wait a while and load new pen drive.
Otherwise I did quite a few very good gigs with my Audya. What needs to be polished in Audya SW is the ability to handle correctly midi signals from external midi controllers - mostly I experience volume problems when using midi accordion and I have to switch Audya Off/on before using accordion. But this is something what I need to ask AJ to explore.
Sound and styles guys in Ketron are a little bit ahead of the their programmers smile
Best regards,
Luka

#328126 - 07/05/11 01:20 PM Re: Audya - missing some Chords in 4.2B [Re: Luka]
Luka Offline

OK, I've found out what produces my problem with 4.2b, I checked it with metal_rock style; when Audya is powered all styles play perfect, including metal_rock. Then I pick a registration which includes metal_rock style and guitars are gone. Go out of registration and pick the same style directly - no guitars again and no guitars in practically all rock styles.
So it seems 4.2b in my case is somehow not compatible with registrations made under 4.1b
I believe this incopatibility will be gone with new sounds from pen drive. If not I have a problem which only Ketron programmers will have a cure.
Regards,
Luka

#328128 - 07/05/11 02:18 PM Re: Audya - missing some Chords in 4.2B [Re: Luka]
Snoopy Offline

Loc: Northern Germany
Originally Posted By: Luka
... and I have to switch Audya Off/on before.

Hi Luka,

sometimes I had a problem, letīs call it "lost in space".

I changed a lot of settings, forgot which one and could only find back with switching the Audya off and on again. Even with the new 4.2B with the "reset-feature" this took a lot of seconds.

The I found a simple solution :

Directly after powering on the Audya I saved a registration ( all features and sub-pages enabled ! ) as "1_st start".

Whenever Iīm lost now : Just call this registration and all is fine.

Sometimes the normal "save for startup" does not seem to work as it should, but my registry works all the time wink

#328222 - 07/06/11 02:45 PM Re: Audya - missing some Chords in 4.2B [Re: Luka]
Luka Offline

Nice idea! I have to try it.
Thanks for sharing it!
Regards,
Luka

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online