SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#327985 - 07/03/11 10:05 AM Someone Talk Me Into a Korg PA3x....
Dnj Offline

My S910 does a admirable job for me on stage night after night ...BUT, I'm starting to get bored wink .....was thinking of adding the Pa3x to give me more flexibility "feature wise" that the S910 lacks & have a decent backup also.......
So....Someone Talk Me Into a Korg PA3x.... smile

#327986 - 07/03/11 10:13 AM Re: Someone Talk Me Into a Korg PA3x.... [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Donny...you are getting sleepy...your eyes are getting heavy...listen to me, Donny, listen to the master...Donny, buy a PA3X and dump the PSR-S910 to someone who will appreciate it's great features....Donny...you don't have to worry...the Korg has a fine SMF player and will play MP3's...Donny you must get the Korg as soon as possible.

Now, when I snap my fingers, you will remember nothing, but at your first opportunity you will go to Frankie's and buy a PA3X at full retail...hey, Frankie gotta make a living!

Good luck and may God Bless You.

Ian

#327987 - 07/03/11 10:16 AM Re: Someone Talk Me Into a Korg PA3x.... [Re: Dnj]
Tony Hughes Offline

Donny,

Just go and buy one if you fancy one, life is too short, it looks a good bit of kit, pity there are not more demos on youtube, where's your nearest stockist. I think I am going to get a T4 shorty, I have had a Pa2x and sold it recently.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#327989 - 07/03/11 10:19 AM Re: Someone Talk Me Into a Korg PA3x.... [Re: ianmcnll]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
.the Korg has a fine SMF player and will play MP3's...

Wrong....I bought the S910 because its smaller and lighter then my Tyros units were...and sound just as good for my needs....
Yamaha units are the terrible SMF players, let's not forget about the hand claps.... nothing can touch a Roland for SMF in sound and editing capabilities....these arrangers are just backup tools to accompany my singing first and foremost as many of us on stage gigging pros know...SMF at this stage of technology is "Old School"
I just mix it all up in so many ways using live play with styles, Mp3 backup files that I record and multitrack myself, & a laptop for flexibility for my needs also with my KB to make the show successful

#327990 - 07/03/11 10:22 AM Re: Someone Talk Me Into a Korg PA3x.... [Re: Tony Hughes]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
Donny,

Just go and buy one if you fancy one, life is too short, it looks a good bit of kit, pity there are not more demos on youtube, where's your nearest stockist. I think I am going to get a T4 shorty, I have had a Pa2x and sold it recently.

Yes Tony good advice ..I don't want to make a big mistake like you did buying the AUDYA & getting stuck with it... I can buy anything I want no prob..... In the past have bought almost everything out there ...but woke up and got smarter now..if it wasn't for my good buddy Fran who keeps me in check I'd probably have a warehouse like Russ full of gear smile

#327991 - 07/03/11 10:24 AM Re: Someone Talk Me Into a Korg PA3x.... [Re: Dnj]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Donny

Forget adding the PA3x as you already have a good arranger, just buy the similarly priced Korg Kronos and have the best of both worlds.

Bill

#328004 - 07/03/11 01:09 PM Re: Someone Talk Me Into a Korg PA3x.... [Re: abacus]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Originally Posted By: abacus
Hi Donny

Forget adding the PA3x as you already have a good arranger, just buy the similarly priced Korg Kronos and have the best of both worlds.

Bill

That would make a nice rig! I would probably go with the PA3X though because I'm an "arranger" guy:)

I do like the PA3X vocal harmony though. I need to hear more Korg styles though (especially Latin)

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#328017 - 07/03/11 03:24 PM Re: Someone Talk Me Into a Korg PA3x.... [Re: abacus]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Hi Donny

Bill

I don't agree. The best of both worlds is the PA3x and the Kronos. Forget Yamaha arrangers.

Edited by FransN (07/03/11 03:27 PM)

#328020 - 07/03/11 03:47 PM Re: Someone Talk Me Into a Korg PA3x.... [Re: abacus]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada

Bill

I agree Bill...the S910 is a well sorted out, great sounding arranger, and the Korg Kronos is the hippest thing as far as workstations go.

With those two, you not only have complimentary sound engines (having two Korg would be redundant), you'd save a few bucks in the process.

If I was to add another keyboard or module to my Tyros4 setup, it wouldn't be another Yamaha instrument; I already have that sound...it would probably be a Roland Fantom or Korg Kronos.

As of now, I don't need anything else as the Tyros4 seems to be doing an excellent job for my needs, but if I do require an additional piece, I's want something that would contrast and/or compliment the great sound I have already.

Bill, are you interested in getting a Kronos?

Ian

#328032 - 07/04/11 01:51 AM Re: Someone Talk Me Into a Korg PA3x.... [Re: ianmcnll]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
I'd want something that would contrast and/or compliment the great sound I have already.

I totally agree. Sound engines from different companies sound very different which also makes it easier to get good mix separation because they tend to fill different ranges of the sound spectrum. That has always been the case. Plus they each have very different strengths. I would never consider 2 pieces of the same brand.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online