SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#32777 - 01/10/06 01:31 PM Help!!! for Style Creation
midimast Offline

Loc: Rhodes Greece
I realy need some help creatin some styles
i spent many months converting and now creating from begining my styles in SD1 (usin the Live Drums)
I Am making Greek styles and Oriental
I need some suggestion how to make the SD1 see diferent meter count like in A 9/8 and in B 8/8
I need to these styles to put just a 3/8 intro just for count in
I use to have this option to my Roland G800
but after convertion with EMC the meter info is lost and the styles are usless. Now I try to make on the istrument or with remote from cake walk but Sd1 does not recognize the meter change .... any help..?

#32778 - 01/10/06 03:28 PM Re: Help!!! for Style Creation
viocaia Offline

Loc: Romania/Norway
Hey!
I think EMC can import midifiles like parts of the style.Let's say, make a intro with CAkewalk with the right tempo and import it to Styleworks.What kind of EMC Style works you have...is it full version?
Vio

#32779 - 01/10/06 08:26 PM Re: Help!!! for Style Creation
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
hi,
unfortunately some keyboards don't support multiple time signatures in a style . I've only had mine since xmas, so I don't know if Ketron's do or don't.

Sorry can't be of more help.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by midimast:
[B]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#32780 - 01/11/06 01:12 PM Re: Help!!! for Style Creation
midimast Offline

The propblem is not the tempo is the meter
I want Styles with diferend meter parts like 7/8 and 9/8 not the same in all parts when I convert a style with 7/8 in A And B and 9/8 in C/D from roland it givese me 9/8 in all parts
And I have some empty beats in A and B you mabe is little strange to you byt imagine to play a song like take five ( 5/4 ) and you have to change in Chorous to swing (6/8) thats what I am talking about.... Any Help PLz Ketron Experts!!

#32781 - 01/11/06 06:43 PM Re: Help!!! for Style Creation
rikkisbears Offline

Hi,
have you tried the Ketron Forum at Yahoo
http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/solton/

As I said previously, not all keyboards allow you to have meter changes in the variations.

I used to have a psr. I played a lot of Richard Clayderman music. His songs had meter changes from 3/4 to 4/4. The only way I was able to play was by using 2 seperate styles, switching from one to the other. Not very convenient, but couldn't do it any other way.
Not sure whether the sd1 can do it either.

best wishes
Rikki
Quote:
Originally posted by midimast:
The propblem is not the tempo is the meter
I want Styles with diferend meter parts like 7/8 and 9/8 not the same in all parts when I convert a style with 7/8 in A And B and 9/8 in C/D from roland it givese me 9/8 in all parts
And I have some empty beats in A and B you mabe is little strange to you byt imagine to play a song like take five ( 5/4 ) and you have to change in Chorous to swing (6/8) thats what I am talking about.... Any Help PLz Ketron Experts!!

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#32782 - 01/12/06 06:27 AM Re: Help!!! for Style Creation
midimast Offline

Yes thats Right you can do it with 2 diferend styles but the problem with Sd1 is that you never know if is going to ghange to next style in a beat or in 2 measures
many times when i have to go from registration to registration I have to wait 5.. and more measures (sounds change in 1 but drums continus to play till the next style is loaded..) there is no Flash change from one to another in a meter. the same in a style you cannot go from A to B and then back to a in a mesure (just have a variation for 1-2 beats). if you do this to SD1 It will play only A

#32783 - 01/12/06 02:41 PM Re: Help!!! for Style Creation
rikkisbears Offline

Hi,
sorry , I think I misunderstood, you're actually hoping that the meter changes occur instantly within a bar , instead of the style playing to the end of the bar in the original meter.

Sorry, but I don't know enough about the sd1 yet, to know whether that would be acheivable.

Good Luck

best wishes
Rikki
[QUOTE]Originally posted by midimast:
[b]

[This message has been edited by rikkisbears (edited 01-13-2006).]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#32784 - 01/13/06 01:51 AM Re: Help!!! for Style Creation
hrh999 Offline

Loc: 8302 Kloten, Switzerland
>> but Sd1 does not recognize the meter change <<

AFAIK you cannot do this with the SD1, IMHO you need to solve this with 2 or several registrations, but as written already, the style does not change immediately.

Hansruedi

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online