SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#327677 - 06/29/11 11:45 AM AUDYA module
ykc Offline

Loc: Denver, CO USA
We have seen some very nice vids of the AUDYA in action - a very capable, if quirky, TOTL arranger. KETRON seems to be the only company making modules. Has anyone tried the modular AUDYA? Is anyone here using it regularly/professionally? I know that the MIDJAY has a few fans but how about this module?

#327679 - 06/29/11 11:55 AM Re: AUDYA module [Re: ykc]
Dnj Offline

#327732 - 06/30/11 07:22 AM Re: AUDYA module [Re: Dnj]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj

See the wee smile of his face smile when he started to play SCOTTISH. hell of a good demo for Ketron perhaps as good as there's
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#327782 - 06/30/11 01:07 PM Re: AUDYA module [Re: ykc]
donpatt Offline

Loc: Lufkin, TX.
Just curious: Are you an accordion player?

I have the Audya 4 which I use with a Roland 7X V accordion, it works well. I have not used the Audya on a gig yet, however, I would not hesitate to do so.

At first, it was, as you described it, a bit "quirky." Especially when hooking up an accordion. Since the latest two updates the bugs in that regard are gone. The Audya interfaces w/midi accordions quite nicely.

My one major complaint is that the one-touch settings are not pre-programmed from the factory. These can be added to each style by the user and then the style must bee saved as a user style. I've done some of my own, but I find it irritating to have to do so.

I understand that a new total update of the Audya is coming out in the near future that will address the OTS issue, as well as many many programming difficulties and gliches of one kind or another. I know that there are several on this forum who are hoping for the update.

I think many of the styles are great, especially the C&W, and, some of them not so good. Big Band to name one. The voices are very good, however, they don't compete with Yamaha SA voices.
The navigation is simple and fairly straight forward. The available footswitch functions are numerious which makes it easy for hnds-free operation. Accordionist need that!

If one can stand the price $3,778.00, it's not a bad deal.

For a lot less expense, have you looked at the NEW Roland BK-7m module?? You may want to check this out.

Just my opinion,
Don P

#327784 - 06/30/11 01:14 PM Re: AUDYA module [Re: ykc]
Dnj Offline

I agree on trying the BK7m with an accordion...also agree the Big Band on Ketron has always been subpar...no competition against Yamaha IM surprised all these years the haven't done something with their whole Big band Swing styles..

#327817 - 07/01/11 02:46 AM Re: AUDYA module [Re: ykc]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
We'll have to see what the newly released pen drive styles sound like. Some are included. AJ, also, has surprises awaiting.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online