SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#32733 - 12/12/02 09:05 AM AJ, can you tell me why the second voice is screwing up?
justforfun000 Offline

Loc: Canada
I don't seem to be getting an answer to this in the other forum. If I transpose the piano to another key, (also on pianist mode by the way. I keep it on all the time as I don't like split voices.) when I add the second voice whether it be strings or voices or whatever, it randomly plays in the wrong key. Just the second voice. Example, I'll play a c chord it's fine, play an a minor, it's fine, hit a d minor, and on that chord the piano sound is playing the d minor properly and the second voice is playing an e minor instead. I'm PRESUMING that what is happening is that it is screwing up and not recognizing the chord transposition and is therefore playing in the original key. What will be involved in fixing this? I have warranty until next Aug.

#32734 - 12/12/02 09:52 AM Re: AJ, can you tell me why the second voice is screwing up?
Luis.Santos Offline

Loc: Portugal
justforfun000,
I'll try that on my SD1 today and then I'll tell you something... Do that happens when you're playing a style? or when you're only playing piano(with the 2nd voice, of course)?

Have you already noticed a bug on the harmony function, I guess? On my SD1, if I play only one note it's fine but if I play a chord I hear unwanted notes depressing the keys, in some presets of this harmony function... Do you have the same problem?...

About the HISS of the keyboard PLUS the HISS of the microphone, I guess you already told me about that...
That's a shame on this keyboard don't you think?...

Luis Santos

#32735 - 12/12/02 10:04 AM Re: AJ, can you tell me why the second voice is screwing up?
justforfun000 Offline

Loc: Canada
Hey Luis. Yes I'm talking about just playing a cappella so to speak. No style. But actually it does it with the styles too. *sigh*. I discovered on some songs I tried. It's an obvious flaw. I'm just wondering how to correct it.

I'm not sure what you're asking about in regards to harmony. If you mean the function where it adds an extra note to one you are playing, I haven't used that feature and probably wouldn't anyhow. No use for it. :-)

Oh the hiss will be much better if you turn down the output amounts. That was very good advice. I dropped it from 63 to 48 and it's MUCH better. The sad thing is if I didn't use a Mic there would be almost no hiss at all. 80% of it is from the Mic.

But I want the vocalizer so what can you do?

#32736 - 12/12/02 10:29 AM Re: AJ, can you tell me why the second voice is screwing up?
Luis.Santos Offline

I understood aboud the a cappela thing. I'll try that today...

Yes, the harmony is that function that adds one or more notes to the melody note. I also don't use it but I tested it when I first had the keyboard and found that... Could you please check this on your SD1?...

About the Hiss... I also need to use the vocalizer... :-(
Where can I turn down the volume as you said?
Is it on the "micro edit" button, the keyboard volume?...

[This message has been edited by Luis.Santos (edited 12-12-2002).]

#32737 - 12/13/02 03:34 AM Re: AJ, can you tell me why the second voice is screwing up?
Luis.Santos Offline

Hi There.
I already tested that but everyting was ok... Maybe it's a problem with your keyboard... I tranposed piano and strings and everything was right.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online