SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#327047 - 06/23/11 01:04 PM Question for Audya owners
Leibniz Offline

Loc: Jerusalem
I'm about to purchase the Audya 76 from Audioworks but have a little concern regarding its user style creation features. From your experience, Is it extraordinarily complicated to create your own styles in it?

#327055 - 06/23/11 02:12 PM Re: Question for Audya owners [Re: Leibniz]
Machetero Offline

Loc: Tampa, Florida, USA

I have no created styles using the Audya's Style Compiler, but I have used StyleWorks to created SD1 styles an then added audio drums and guitar parts to make them sound better in the Audya.
Probably Socratis can give you a better answer about the compiler.

Because the build-in styles are so easy to modify and save with another name in the user section, I have been going that way most of the time, instead of creating new ones using the compiler.

#327061 - 06/23/11 03:03 PM Re: Question for Audya owners [Re: Machetero]
Leibniz Offline

What I think I'll need to create is some completely different drum styles. so I guess my questions is whether or not the only way to create the drum parts is by modifying the already existing audio files for drums found within the Audya.

If this is the only way it may be a problem because I don't know how you can modify an audio, unless it'd turn possible to simply transfer complete audio recordings of drums playing to make them the drum part of a style then add different files for variations and fills. That would be great indeed.

I did it once a bit with my Casio by writing the midi for each part on my computer then transferring it to the keyboard but I'm not sure how it works on the Audya, since, again, the drums are not played by midi.

#327078 - 06/23/11 06:48 PM Re: Question for Audya owners [Re: Leibniz]
Pearlss1977 Offline

Loc: Ocean County, New Jersey
Leibniz

What kind of music do u play?

#327084 - 06/23/11 08:06 PM Re: Question for Audya owners [Re: Leibniz]
Machetero Offline

Loc: Tampa, Florida, USA
Originally Posted By: Leibniz
What I think I'll need to create is some completely different drum styles. so I guess my questions is whether or not the only way to create the drum parts is by modifying the already existing audio files for drums found within the Audya.

If this is the only way it may be a problem because I don't know how you can modify an audio, unless it'd turn possible to simply transfer complete audio recordings of drums playing to make them the drum part of a style then add different files for variations and fills. That would be great indeed.

I did it once a bit with my Casio by writing the midi for each part on my computer then transferring it to the keyboard but I'm not sure how it works on the Audya, since, again, the drums are not played by midi.

I don't think that you can modify the Audio Drums, but you can modify the MIDI drums available in the Audya. You can create your own Audio Drums by recording them even from a CD and save them as wave files and installing them in User Drums.

#327088 - 06/23/11 10:01 PM Re: Question for Audya owners [Re: Pearlss1977]
Leibniz Offline

I used to play and much more so listen to classic music and I love the music theory part of it. I'd need more time and diligence to come back to playing it, though, so currently in terms of performance I'm mainly focused on Jewish music. The styles I'd be interested in creating are intended to express some of the peculiarities prevalent in the "Freilach" or "Klezmer" music.

#327089 - 06/23/11 10:03 PM Re: Question for Audya owners [Re: Machetero]
Leibniz Offline

Thanks for answering, Machetero. didn't know it has midi drums (in addition to the audio) capable of being manipulated into a style.

At any event, you said I can also record and install my audio drums to be stored in the user drums. Does this mean I could combine those audio drums into an entire style with variations and fills and other instrumental tracks?

#327097 - 06/23/11 11:31 PM Re: Question for Audya owners [Re: Leibniz]
Sokratis 1974 Offline

Loc: Hellas, Creta, Iraklion
Hi my friends....
So....With Audya you can to make styles with:
1) With Midi sequence ( midi file format 0 ) in a host (like Cubase, Logic, Sonar etc) and with Style Compiler you can to compile a new style and modify in Audya, or Style Compiler with Audio, User_Audio Guitars, Audio, User_audio Drums, etc...
2) onboard in Audya with Pattern Edit and you can to use Audio, User_Audio Drums, also Midi Drums etc....
3) With method AUDIO STYLE MODELING
This is a very easy method to make new style without any Edit but you can to select Audio and Midi Drums and Instruments Loops and Riffs, in all Channels of Style and you can with a Remix, to make a new Style!!!!.... VERY GOOD!!! VERY EASY!!!...
Best Regards.

Edited by Sokratis 1974 (06/23/11 11:32 PM)

#327105 - 06/24/11 02:29 AM Re: Question for Audya owners [Re: Sokratis 1974]
Dusan Offline

Loc: Slovenija
Originally Posted By: Sokratis 1974
Hi my friends....
1) With Midi sequence ( midi file format 0 ) in a host (like Cubase, Logic, Sonar etc) and with Style Compiler you can to compile a new style and modify in Audya, or Style Compiler with Audio, User_Audio Guitars, Audio, User_audio Drums, etc...
2) onboard in Audya with Pattern Edit and you can to use Audio, User_Audio Drums, also Midi Drums etc....
This is a very easy method to make new style without any Edit but you can to select Audio and Midi Drums and Instruments Loops and Riffs, in all Channels of Style and you can with a Remix, to make a new Style!!!!.... VERY GOOD!!! VERY EASY!!!...
Best Regards.

Sokratis,
it not so easy witrh Style Compiler.What I mean:sometimes Style Compiler dont recognize Pat.file(program show tekst:baad file)and in this case you cant do enithing.I dont know a reason of that kinde behavior.Ather style I can compile or edit with no problem.
I would like to asck you for little help.Haw I can insert more measure betwen two markes in Sonar8 program?
Style Compiler can maket a blank Midi file with all markers who is nececery for Pat file(style),but that Midi file has only one measure betwen all markers.Then:haw to insert more measure betwen markers?
And anather question:
when I load Pat.file thru Style Compiler in Sonar I can see haw that style is maket.For all parts of style has markers who separate Major ,minor and seventh parts of style.My question is:what is the diferent betwen that Major or minor parts?Its the same and play the same and I cant hear diferent betwen Major or Minor parts.
Thank you

#327116 - 06/24/11 07:58 AM Re: Question for Audya owners [Re: Dusan]
Sokratis 1974 Offline

Loc: Hellas, Creta, Iraklion
Originally Posted By: Dusan
Originally Posted By: Sokratis 1974
Hi my friends....
Best Regards.

Sokratis,
it not so easy witrh Style Compiler.What I mean:sometimes Style Compiler dont recognize Pat.file(program show tekst:baad file)and in this case you cant do enithing.I dont know a reason of that kinde behavior.Ather style I can compile or edit with no problem.
I would like to asck you for little help.Haw I can insert more measure betwen two markes in Sonar8 program?
Style Compiler can maket a blank Midi file with all markers who is nececery for Pat file(style),but that Midi file has only one measure betwen all markers.Then:haw to insert more measure betwen markers?
And anather question:
when I load Pat.file thru Style Compiler in Sonar I can see haw that style is maket.For all parts of style has markers who separate Major ,minor and seventh parts of style.My question is:what is the diferent betwen that Major or minor parts?Its the same and play the same and I cant hear diferent betwen Major or Minor parts.
Thank you

Dusan.....
Not easy of course the Style Compiler method but AUDIO STYLE MODELING method....this meaning easy....
Sorry but I dont know about this, becouse I dont use Sonar....
I use only Cubase......

Edited by Sokratis 1974 (06/24/11 07:59 AM)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online