SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#327175 - 06/24/11 07:27 PM Re: SZ Member Joe Ayala: Live Arranger KB Performance [Re: Songman55]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Songman55
Originally Posted By: cgiles
Beautifully put, Bill. Unfortunately, most folks here can't handle the truth, which is why there is so little honest (truthful) critiquing going on here. Obviously, many here value 'niceness' over honesty, and maybe that's a good thing; however, it renders most critiques completely valueless. This is especially true when it's 'best buds' critiquing 'best buds'. It also explains why most musical postings here are YouTube postings of total strangers that most of us could care less about (what's up with that?).

Let's face it, only 2 or 3 people on this entire board really play at a high level. Most nursing home players would have a difficult time making it in any other venue and many of the rest would have a difficult time working ANY kind of a gig without the help of SMF's, backing tracks, song-specific registrations on arranger keyboards, three finger chords, and a transpose button.

If you're 55 or over, check out where you're currently playing. You should then be able to critique yourself. Cheers everyone.

BTW, I won't be rebutting your rebuttals, but I promise to read them all.

chas

I was going to leave well enough alone but I have to take this one on. I am a classically trained pianist who has played concert tours in this country as well as Enland, Cuba, and Mexico. I have piano albums out there which you can check out. I have a long career playing in bands as well. I have been ou tour with the Platters as well as the Flamingoes and I did a short stint with Wayne Cochran and the CC Riders at the Barn in Miami. I have played the nursing home circuit the past several years for the following reasons. First of all, it is the most gratifying work I have ever done. I love the old people. Secondly, it gives me a normal life. I don't have to work every night of the week for the first time in my life. I'm 61 years old and I love what I do. Shame on you guys who put down the nursing home circuit. You have no idea of some of the great musical things that are happining out there with people like Gary Diamond, Donny Pesce, and yes, Bill Corfield and myself. I'm sorry this whole thing got started but for the time being, as Bill said, he wasn't blown away, but I was. I was blown away from this forum. I have several friends here and I will continue to communicate with you. As for the rest, have a nice life.

Joe

Joe when I met you in Dallas & when we were both in Louisiana with Don M at the jam a few years ago I heard what a master can do on a keyboard hearing you play and jamming beside two of my favorites You & Don M, and some others, an experience I hope to do again in the future and one I will NEVER forget!... Don't let some of these forum posters bother you they ain't worth it,...
and they eventually show their true colors.

We'll talk l8tr.

take care

#327180 - 06/24/11 08:43 PM Re: SZ Member Joe Ayala: Live Arranger KB Performance [Re: Scottyee]
Songman55 Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD USA
Ok some explanation is necessary. First of all, thanks to Donny and Don Mason for their support. Both are real gentlemen and sincere friends of mine. I never expected all this to happen. I'm not auditioning for anything. What I used for the recording was the Tyros 1 board with the mic running through it. Nothing else. The vh on On the Road Again was the one in the Tyros. It was running through the Bose Compact. The camera was not even a dedicated video camera. It was a Sony Cybershot camera that had video capabilities. I put it on a tripod and pressed the record button. There was no seperate audio. What you hear is what the camera picked up. I'm doing this because I thought that one day my kids and grandkids might want to hear what I sounded like. Thats all. Truth be told I could retire tomorrow. I happen to like what I do so I'm still working. That's it.

Joe

#327182 - 06/24/11 09:00 PM Re: SZ Member Joe Ayala: Live Arranger KB Performance [Re: Scottyee]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Retire? What's THAT?????
wink

#327183 - 06/24/11 09:03 PM Re: SZ Member Joe Ayala: Live Arranger KB Performance [Re: Scottyee]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
You gonna retire so you have time to play music? smile
DonM

#327191 - 06/24/11 10:51 PM Re: SZ Member Joe Ayala: Live Arranger KB Performance [Re: Scottyee]
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Joe-The only thing you might offer an explanation to is what ticked you off in such a short time. No one hammered your work whatsoever but it was less than a day that went by before you said you were done. I thought it was a bit of short fuse, myself.

I wasn't stroking you on the NH stuff...it doesn't matter what anyone else says or doesn't say. 99% of all the musicians out there and a big percentage on this forum don't get what we do. They think NH's are the place where old, washed up kb players go to die, I guess. Some get it, many don't.

Do your thing, man...balls out...

These are the best gigs we'll ever play...to me, nothing comes close.

#327198 - 06/25/11 12:20 AM Re: SZ Member Joe Ayala: Live Arranger KB Performance [Re: Dnj]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj
Originally Posted By: cgiles
Yeah Donny, I heard snippets of Joe in videos from the Louisiana Jam (sadly, I wasn't able to attend smile ); that's how I know he can play. I also heard you...... 'nuff said'.
chas

Honestly I really don't give a rats ass what you think....nuff said!

Wow Chas,

Well there you go and you got your answer off Donny.
I go to a local KB club and we all set up and play to each other and hell there is some crap players, but they get a clap or two, bit like a seal wanting a fish! Joe video is good and look Mr. T comes in and adds his support for Joe, we are all at different levels and if some gets some flack for giving flack to others in the past then they should take it on the chin like a man!

Thanks Chas

Anyway Joe great have you any more snipppets
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#327215 - 06/25/11 05:16 AM Re: SZ Member Joe Ayala: Live Arranger KB Performance [Re: cgiles]
Tony Hughes Offline

Well done Chas.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#327222 - 06/25/11 07:45 AM Re: SZ Member Joe Ayala: Live Arranger KB Performance [Re: Scottyee]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Joe,

Your first move was to thank Scott for the video uploads, then blast others for not responding...all within minutes after the original post by Scott.

Not only did you not give it enough time, you never thanked the two posters, including me, who gave nice comments before your 'rude awakening' post.

Now three days later, and still no thank you, only complaints.

Joe, I'm the same age as you, and at times I exhibit poor judgment, make statements that I later regret, and I show less patience the older I get. Your post has reminded me that I also need to work on these aspects of life.

Chill out Joe...life is short.

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#327229 - 06/25/11 08:50 AM Re: SZ Member Joe Ayala: Live Arranger KB Performance [Re: Songman55]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: Songman55

I got more attention the last time I took a crap. So as they say, it's been fun, but I've gotta run.

Joe

Joe did anyone see that, and what do you mean, you gotta run, for another one!!!

And Larry is right Joe, some thanks would be in order!

Have a nice one Joe

Regards Tony

Edited by Tony Hughes (06/25/11 08:53 AM)

#327231 - 06/25/11 09:01 AM Re: SZ Member Joe Ayala: Live Arranger KB Performance [Re: lahawk]
Songman55 Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD USA
Originally Posted By: lahawk
Joe,

Your first move was to thank Scott for the video uploads, then blast others for not responding...all within minutes after the original post by Scott.

Not only did you not give it enough time, you never thanked the two posters, including me, who gave nice comments before your 'rude awakening' post.

Now three days later, and still no thank you, only complaints.

Joe, I'm the same age as you, and at times I exhibit poor judgment, make statements that I later regret, and I show less patience the older I get. Your post has reminded me that I also need to work on these aspects of life.

Chill out Joe...life is short.

Larry, you're right, I do owe you guys a thanks. And yes, I know i have a short fuse. Again, thanks to everyone who responded. Now let's get on with our lives. I have a private party to play for.

Later,

Joe

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online